PDA

View Full Version : small landscape company

Bleed Green
08-31-2008, 12:43 AM
I have been thinking this summer about starting up a small landscape company and was wondering what you guys would think about this venture. I work in the family construction business in the summers and I will be a senior in college in the fall. I am looking at this next summer for after I graduate and am done with school. I have done a number of jobs around in the yard at home including digging and putting in a small fish pond and several brick walks in through the landscape. I have also trenched in downspouts all the way around the house this summer and have spread mulch through all the landscapes.
Would you guys think it would be profitable for me to try to get a small company going doing this kind of stuff, and maybe shoveling snow in the winter. I have always enjoyed this kind of work but have never really done it as a job, so I didnt know how it would be to start my own little company up doing these kinds of jobs. If there would have to be enough work to keep busy and make something out of it.

What do you guys think?

Any ideas of other things that you could throw in work wise would be helpful.

tradeyouraccounts
08-31-2008, 06:17 PM
You don’t know till you give it a try and the BIGGEST risk you take in business in not taking a risk. What have you got to loose?

Good luck

mowerbrad
08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Will you be able to design some of the things that you will be installing and building? Many people like to hire just one company to do their landscape projects, one that is able to design their new landscape feature and install it. I don't want to discourage you at all. I think you should be able to do pretty well for your self. If I were you though I would add some more services, get an irrigation license, a applicators license. The more services you offer the better you will do. Best of luck.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Go for it!