PDA

View Full Version : Dump Hoist's

nosparkplugs
08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking my gooseneck hitch will be in the way from the pictures. Does anyone know this from experience.

http://www.heftyproducts.com/dumpkits.html

Gravel Rat
08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
If you want to make your factory bed dump your wasting you time the bed isn't strong enough.

Pierce makes the same kit

www.piercewrecker.com/universal_dump_hoist.htm

If you were putting a flatdeck on the truck then you can make it dump otherwise why bother the first load you dump the factory box is tweaked.

nosparkplugs
08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
If you want to make your factory bed dump your wasting you time the bed isn't strong enough.

Pierce makes the same kit

www.piercewrecker.com/universal_dump_hoist.htm

If you were putting a flatdeck on the truck then you can make it dump otherwise why bother the first load you dump the factory box is tweaked.

This would be for grass clippings & leafs, not heavy dense materials

Know about the other kits also.

The question was....... does a frame mounted B&W gooseneck hitch get in the way of these hoists.

Gravel Rat
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Even for grass or leafs the box will not take the twisting. Your going to spend 1200 dollars or more to make a P/U box dump and you can't dump anything with it.

As for the hoist getting in the way of the hitch yes it will because all scissor hoists need the space inbettween the frame rails.

pclawncare
08-31-2008, 09:22 PM
I personaly would stay away from under bed hoist i have herd alot of people say o it doesnt hurt them but i have seen plenty around with cracked spot welds and busted corners even just grass can weight 1500lb or more in a long bed and if you get it heavy on one corner or something it will stress the bed. Beds simply wernt built to hold weight in an up right possition like this

punt66
08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Hoists are great, however like the guys said using the bed isnt a great idea. Find a flatbed to replace the bed. Then you can put a small or large box or you can put a pallet of material with a fork. As fars as the goosneck i am not sure.