PDA

View Full Version : Skid Laser Grader

RockSet N' Grade
08-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Used this the other day. Graded out 43,000 sq. ft in about 4 hrs. Worked pretty well after all the bugs were worked out. Machine is great on loose material, but does not dig in automatic mode. You can switch to manual and push dirt and then switch back to auto for fine grading. Got it to 1/2" or better.

KCfireman
08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
when they re-did some of the baseball fields by my house they used one of those except it was being pulled behind a JD tractor. Very cool way on how to level a field.

RockSet N' Grade
08-31-2008, 07:27 PM
This particular manufacturer offers either skid or an adapter to fit it to 3 point for tractors

KCfireman
08-31-2008, 07:34 PM
what are the two black poles standing up on the box?? I assume that the GPS devices rest on top of them. The tractor one had them also and they had white discs on top of them and then over in the corner of the field was a tri-pod with a GPS computer on top of it.

Construct'O
08-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Will post this here,but will add a few others to your other thread that you might want to look at.

This isn't dual grade,so you might not care,but for others that are just interested in doing flat pads they can check this one out.:usflag:
http://www.darbyequipco.com/homepage.htm

Junior M
08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
not to hijack your thread but what is the lifting eye looking thing on top of the cab of the skidsteer for?

ksss
08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
not to hijack your thread but what is the lifting eye looking thing on top of the cab of the skidsteer for?

That Jr. is standard equiment on an MTL. It allows for craning the machine onto the trailer for easier transport to the doctor.:cool2:

When its actually running you can also crane it with an excavator into a foundation or similiar type situation.

Junior M
08-31-2008, 08:54 PM
That Jr. is standard equiment on an MTL. It allows for craning the machine onto the trailer for easier transport to the doctor.:cool2:

When its actually running you can also crane it with an excavator into a foundation or similiar type situation.
really? I have never seen one before..

BrandonV
08-31-2008, 09:01 PM
its not standard equip...

Junior M
08-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I have never seen it before.. Ksss just likes to make me look like an idiot because i am so gullible.. a$$hole.:laugh::clapping::dancing::laugh:

bobcat_ron
08-31-2008, 10:07 PM
I guess having the wheels behind the blade works better than out in front?

Looks like there are some adjustment bolts to get the Q/A frame tight up against the loader arms.

bobcat_ron
08-31-2008, 10:09 PM
really? I have never seen one before..

I have the 4 point system for my machine still sitting in my brother's garage, mine is much cheaper.

Junior M
08-31-2008, 10:20 PM
so they do come standard just not on the machine? I have never seen one before

RockSet N' Grade
08-31-2008, 10:49 PM
ahhhh Jlm........so many new wonderful things await you little grasshopper.......the world has so much to teach and show you, start with heavy metal and then move to softer smoother things.........they all have various lifting devices that come as standard equipment....Constructo, nice single slope device......I will be calling them tuesday to get more information........I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, still waiting for the call from Idaho where we could team up and do all the wally-worlds across the usa......kinda waiting on them signing the contract......

ksss
08-31-2008, 11:02 PM
so they do come standard just not on the machine? I have never seen one before

It makes it much easier to crane a machine into a hole. Without the lift eyes you have to kinda wing it as to what is the best way. Takes longer and is less safe. BC machines have been the worst for me to sling. There is no place to strap to. I end up slinging it from the bottom of the machine.

stuvecorp
09-01-2008, 12:50 AM
........I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, still waiting for the call from Idaho where we could team up and do all the wally-worlds across the usa......kinda waiting on them signing the contract......

I like it, world domination - one Walmart at a time. Do you need a henchman?

Junior M
09-01-2008, 12:57 AM
ahhhh Jlm........so many new wonderful things await you little grasshopper.......the world has so much to teach and show you, start with heavy metal and then move to softer smoother things.........they all have various lifting devices that come as standard equipment....Constructo, nice single slope device......I will be calling them tuesday to get more information........I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, still waiting for the call from Idaho where we could team up and do all the wally-worlds across the usa......kinda waiting on them signing the contract......
well yeah I knew that they had lift points but I had never seen any like that... :laugh:

and ksss why would you crane a bobcat in to a hole to bury it? I thought you hated bobcat..

ksss
09-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Burying it would be the best solution usually however someone wants their POS back as it is, you know, their POS. We drop the machines into foundations to fill in the floor footings once the walls are up.

bobcat_ron
09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Burying it would be the best solution usually however someone wants their POS back as it is, you know, their POS. We drop the machines into foundations to fill in the floor footings once the walls are up.

We drop our POS's in swimming pools and manure pits.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/profile_pop_0001.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/Pictures075.jpg

ksss
09-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I'll bet it takes a day or two for that smell to go away.

bobcat_ron
09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll bet it takes a day or two for that smell to go away.

Try a week. :cry:

Scag48
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice looking unit. You'll be more impressed when you get the box mounted to a machine that actually has some horsepower, that 257B, second only to the T190, is the most underpowered machine ever. The 257BII's aren better, but still underpowered. You plan on running this unit with your 5640?

RockSet N' Grade
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
scag......yes i am.....if i get it, it will be the 84" blade so it covers the width of my tracks....that is one of the primary reason's i got the vts tracks some time ago on the 5640.

Junior M
09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I would never let you borrow my bobcat!! it would come back painted powertan and have case rules bobcat drools written on it and with I love idaho written on the back window.. hahahahaha

and ron do you guys rent machines to do stuff like that? or does your dad or bro own a skidsteer?

ksss
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I would never let you borrow my bobcat!! it would come back painted powertan and have case rules bobcat drools written on it and with I love idaho written on the back window.. hahahahaha

It would take more than a paint job to salvage a BC, but its a good start.:clapping:

Junior M
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
It would take more than a paint job to salvage a BC, but its a good start.:clapping:
oh so hilarious!! I bet a scrapyard wouldnt even take a case! hahahahahah just messing with you.. hahaha :laugh:

bobcat_ron
09-02-2008, 11:13 AM
and ron do you guys rent machines to do stuff like that? or does your dad or bro own a skidsteer?

The first one is was my old 753 in my Uncle's pool from 1999 and the second pic was from a company I worked with that owned the S205 in the manure pit from last year's gallery of jobs I did.

I will usually tell the customer just to rent their own machine if it's something like that, unless it's all dirt work inside of a building, then I will use my machine.