PDA

View Full Version : New truck Diesel or Gasser

mezammit
08-31-2008, 10:05 PM
I am in the market for a newer truck. I am trying to decide between a 2007 F-350 with a 6.0 diesel or a new 2008 F-350 with the 5.4 gas engine. The prices on the trucks are in the same area.
The 2007 truck has 18000 miles on it and the guy is asking $22,000 obo.
I looked at a new F-350 with the 5.4 in it. With rebates I could get it for roughly $25,000.
Both trucks are Ford F-350s regular cabs 4x4 nothing fancy.
Yes, gas is cheaper but I know that the 5.4 will suck gas. I don't mind spending the extra money at the pump for diesel fuel because I should getter some better fuel millage than the 5.4 gasser. So I am stuck deciding weather to buy the diesel or the gasser. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, MIKE

hosejockey2002
08-31-2008, 10:12 PM
I have a gas truck and like it, but that looks to be a good price on the f350 diesel, way cheaper than new. Someone else ate that $6000+ diesel engine option premium, so get the diesel and enjoy the slightly better fuel economy and much better towing performance. I don't know a whole lot about the Ford 6.0 diesel, but they are a very nice driving and performing truck. The first time I drove one it was with 8000 lbs. behind it and it towed effortlessly. Hopefully by 2007 they had some of the bugs worked out of the 6.0.

newtostone
08-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I have 2 F350 6.0's and they are good. I think where the lines gets drawn is how long are you looking to keep the truck one, two how many miles are you going to be driving it and are those going to be loaded miles. I think the line should be around 5k towing on regular basis for it being nicer to have a diesel. I cant recall the exact miles per year a diesel should be driven to provided needed, i believe it was right around 25-30k miles a year. You said both these trucks were nothing special so i am assuming that they are an xl or xlt (work truck) and you would be keeping it for a while. My choice would be the diesel its only a year older and 18k miles is nothing even if it were a gas truck. Best of luck

Milwaukee
08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Before you buy that with 6.0L do not tell us it worst engine we already know now about 6.0L

I would pick 5.4L if don't use everyday but 6.0L hate to be storage or it will start have lot problem with stuff.

TXNSLighting
09-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Before you buy that with 6.0L do not tell us it worst engine we already know now about 6.0L

I would pick 5.4L if don't use everyday but 6.0L hate to be storage or it will start have lot problem with stuff.

wow...man. Proof reading is awesome...Anyways. 6.0 gets my vote. I would take it over a 5.4 any day. 07 year model were very good trucks. You could probably do a little better then 22k on it also.

jimithing31
09-01-2008, 08:52 AM
wow...man. Proof reading is awesome...Anyways. 6.0 gets my vote. I would take it over a 5.4 any day. 07 year model were very good trucks. You could probably do a little better then 22k on it also.

Are you seriously trying to give someone crap about their grammar skills when you caan't put a single correct sentence together yourself?? :laugh::laugh::laugh: ROTFLMAO

mezammit
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I was leaning toward the diesel as well. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. Both trucks are just xl models. Any other posts would still be great to hear. Thanks again, MIKE

TXNSLighting
09-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you seriously trying to give someone crap about their grammar skills when you caan't put a single correct sentence together yourself?? :laugh::laugh::laugh: ROTFLMAO

caan't huh? My sentences are fine.

TXNSLighting
09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I was leaning toward the diesel as well. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. Both trucks are just xl models. Any other posts would still be great to hear. Thanks again, MIKE

O they're xl's? hmm maybe a little cheaper then.

KTM
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
The guy that calls himself Milwaukee is deaf, or at least he says he is on plowsite, that is why his grammar is not good. Just thought I should let you know because I have noticed a few people giving him ****.

TXNSLighting
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Well i wish i woulda known that...Danget. Sorry.