PDA

View Full Version : Need A Wet Brick Saw - Please Advise...

westernmdlawn
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I am in the market for a new wet saw for cutting pavers and wall caps. I've been renting, but find it to be a pain in the butt and costly as well.

My rental shop rents us the "IMER" saws. I like them pretty well, but they seem expensive on ebay. I've heard really good things about MK saws. I will mostly be cutting pavers and wall caps. I need to be able to cut at least through a 4" cap, but it would be nice to have the capacity to cut larger material such as 8" wall blocks.

Thanks in advance for your input!

DVS Hardscaper
09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
If you want:

a) wet saw
b) to be able to cut 4" caps
c) to be able to cut larger blocks(s)

and I'll add:

d) to be able to miter PERFECTLY straight and PLUMB cuts
e) a saw that is not only made in the USA, but MADE IN MARYLAND

THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER:

And that is EDCO / CONTRAX (they are the same company)

Take a look at this handsome guy! And yes, despite the photo, they do come with Honda engines!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/MasonryMagSawAd1.jpg

westernmdlawn
09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I hadn't thought about gas, was primarily expecting my purchase would be for an electric saw. Seems like it would be a PITA to start and stop the saw engine every time you need a cut. Plus seems bulky and heavy, and looks really expensive.

The dust collection system is interesting though... I would like to know more about that.

So what are the facts about gas vs. electric???

Thanks!

P.S. Is that you in the pic DVS?

DVS Hardscaper
09-01-2008, 09:53 PM
The electric is pretty nice.

However, you won't be able to cut large blocks, and you can't use water.

Also, the electric saws will often times trip the circuit breaker. So you'll need access to you client's electrc panel to reset.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/ScapeItWS6360CJ7/RentaShowDirAd081.jpg

And yea, thats me in the pics. And no, I'm not that fat, I have many layers of clothing on!

BOEpavers
09-01-2008, 10:22 PM
We've used the Edco 14" saws for over 4 years now with great results. We only cut wet and they have a great direct connect system with no pump. Never have used the dry pickup. Other than blades and a few starter ropes for the Honda engine, no problems whatsoever with this saw. The cart is really great as well, very easy to transpot, adjustable ehight, and as previously stated - American made.