PDA

View Full Version : little machine question

mrsops
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
got a few questions for you guys that own little skids or walk behinds. I currently own a bobcat mt52 which is a real nice piece of equipment problem is it is a little tough to grade with. I used a friends 463 the other day and it seemed like i got more grading done with it then i would my mt52. Has anyone out there went from a walk behind to a 463 or s70 or went from a 463to a walk behind.. One thing about my walk behind is that the hydraulics work great when running a breaker or auger.

Lawnworks
09-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I really can't grade w/ a bucket on my dingo... but w/ the harley rake on a mini skid... you can leave the rake at the shop.

Digdeep
09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
got a few questions for you guys that own little skids or walk behinds. I currently own a bobcat mt52 which is a real nice piece of equipment problem is it is a little tough to grade with. I used a friends 463 the other day and it seemed like i got more grading done with it then i would my mt52. Has anyone out there went from a walk behind to a 463 or s70 or went from a 463to a walk behind.. One thing about my walk behind is that the hydraulics work great when running a breaker or auger.

Have you ever looked at a ASV PT30? I rented one for a smaller job and was amazed at how well it performed in a grading application. I've sold many, many 463s and that little tracked machine will run circles around them.

Hollowellreid
09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
ASV RC-30 is the way to go.

We have rented/demoed many of the walk behinds (Toro, Bobcat, ramrod, etc)

They are a good tool carrier and good at carrying materials but I find thats about it.

With the ride in machines you can grade, cut slopes, really do some "real" work. Our ASV is priceless, although we have larger stuff as well for when it's needed.

Unless you absolutely need to fit through a small gate I'd step it up to the small ride in units.

mrsops
09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
ASV RC-30 is the way to go.

We have rented/demoed many of the walk behinds (Toro, Bobcat, ramrod, etc)

They are a good tool carrier and good at carrying materials but I find thats about it.

With the ride in machines you can grade, cut slopes, really do some "real" work. Our ASV is priceless, although we have larger stuff as well for when it's needed.

Unless you absolutely need to fit through a small gate I'd step it up to the small ride in units.

i need to fit through a small gate

mrsops
09-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Have you ever looked at a ASV PT30? I rented one for a smaller job and was amazed at how well it performed in a grading application. I've sold many, many 463s and that little tracked machine will run circles around them.

digdeep then your the man i need to talk to.. im looking into the s70 with the skinny tires to make 36'' wide I'm sure you know the tires I'm talking about they look like motorcycle tires. I'm hearing from a few of my buddies that own them that is they feel like the machine is going to tip alot and another problem is the tires going flat.. What my dealer is suggest was foam filling the tires what do you think about this?

mrsops
09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
i demoed that asv 30 and i thought it was built very cheap as soon as you start the thing up it rattles like hell and when operating it sounds like something is lose and is going to pop off at any time. And if i remember correctly the battery was almost impossible to get to. I had a thread on this machine when i demoed it.

RockSet N' Grade
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
are you trying to grade with the bucket or their "land leveler" or what?

BrandonV
09-01-2008, 08:32 PM
the bobcats don't grade well because they're rear heavy... demo a ditch witch sk650 we have 2 and they worked so well we sold our 763 bobcat because they could do just about everything it could. they can push major loads of soil, and carry quite a bit of weight. we even towed our fl60 dump truck up a hill with one of ours (it was muddy and the truck couldn't get traction... sk was a last resort to save the day)

mrsops
09-01-2008, 08:41 PM
the bobcats don't grade well because they're rear heavy... demo a ditch witch sk650 we have 2 and they worked so well we sold our 763 bobcat because they could do just about everything it could. they can push major loads of soil, and carry quite a bit of weight. we even towed our fl60 dump truck up a hill with one of ours (it was muddy and the truck couldn't get traction... sk was a last resort to save the day)

In my case the problem with grading with the mt52 is not that's it rear heavy its alot of work on the wrists moving the handle back and forth and from side to side to grade. Its a great little machine but not for grading

BrandonV
09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
in that case check out the Vermeer unit. It is almost as good as the dw but has caterpillar style joystick controlls I denied one and it is a fine piece of equipment.

RockSet N' Grade
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
i got to use the 650 ditch witch the other day with the land leveler on in.......very nice unit. we also used the bucket and graded out for concrete in an area that was too narrow for a skid and it was quite impressive......good little unit.

BrandonV
09-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I meant demoed was typing on the iPhone and not paying attention.

stuvecorp
09-01-2008, 11:48 PM
i demoed that asv 30 and i thought it was built very cheap as soon as you start the thing up it rattles like hell and when operating it sounds like something is lose and is going to pop off at any time. And if i remember correctly the battery was almost impossible to get to. I had a thread on this machine when i demoed it.

Even with the flaws, it is the ticket. We can't live without Wall-E.

74inchShovel
09-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Got to second, or third the opinion that the RC-PT 30 is a great small area grading machine. It does alot of things well. I would buy another in a hearbeat, even with its questionable reliabilty, build quality.