PDA

View Full Version : should i put in a no-maintenance deck or a paver deck

grass disaster
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
i currently have a small paver deck and i want the deck bigger to put some type of gazebo on it like the one pictured here. i want to extend the deck to the end of the house...so maybe like a gazebo (shaded ares and a sunny part.

i'm trying to decide weather to go with no-maintenance decking or weather to redo what i currently have and do some type of nice paver style decking.

please tell me what some of your opinions would be.

grass disaster
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
here is what i have now. there is a big step out of the door and it's sinking in

grass disaster
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
wanted to maybe bring it all the way to the back of the house

grass disaster
09-01-2008, 03:41 PM
wanted to maybe put one of these on it

grass disaster
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
here is a shot from the road. neighbor right to my right

grass disaster
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
no opinions?

just looking for opinions. paver....or patio?

BrandonV
09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
man that is a step did you build it? As far as choice I love a patio over a deck, decks mean maintenance. I'd think you could make a nice curvy two level patio quite eaisly and it would add some interested to that side of the house. maybe a fireplace too?

LandworksUnited
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd say go pavers all the way down. If you were willing to spend the money on a gazebo, go for a retractable awning with the pavers. Wood rots, molds, warps. Trex lightens, stains, and is HOT in the sun. A nicely done patio, however, is always in style.

Try accenting with a darker color around the perimeter of the patio, with a dark grey gravel, or even black dyed mulch.