PDA

View Full Version : Borchures...Show Your Stuff

Slcareco
09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey I was looking for example brochures for landscape maintenance ....does anyone have some to put up and show?? Thanks!

MowHouston
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey I was looking for example brochures for landscape maintenance ....does anyone have some to put up and show?? Thanks!

Not a lot of guys use brochures. More like door hangers or post cards. Sometimes paper flyers.

Jeff Tracey Enterprises
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Houston, were can you get cheap or reasonably priced door hangers because I googled Cheap door hangers and Holy $hit those things aren't as cheap as I figured and was hoping they would be.

MowHouston
09-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Houston, were can you get cheap or reasonably priced door hangers because I googled Cheap door hangers and Holy $hit those things aren't as cheap as I figured and was hoping they would be.

I personally wouldn't know. I only advertise online. Try doing a search or starting another thread about it. Other guys do use them.

Slcareco
09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
guess thats why theres no response to my thread lol thanks...guess im on my own.. maybe you can help with my ques tho.... when trying to shortly explain a service say like core aeration should I just define it? or say when it should be done? how, why

I want to try and keep it short and sweet but give the potential client an idea of what each service is...thanks.

MowHouston
09-03-2008, 12:56 AM
guess thats why theres no response to my thread lol thanks...guess im on my own.. maybe you can help with my ques tho.... when trying to shortly explain a service say like core aeration should I just define it? or say when it should be done? how, why

I want to try and keep it short and sweet but give the potential client an idea of what each service is...thanks.

If you are doing a brochure, then yes, you could, briefly explain the aeration process as well as when the service is offered.

If you are doing a door hanger, then short and sweet is the way to go. Just mention that you offer the service.

However, I wouldn't try to use the brochure in place of the door hanger. It seems to me that you would use a brochure with all of your addon services to customers that you already have and trying to upsell to.

If you are seeking customers, go with a postcard or door hanger or other forms of advertising. People dont want a whole book to read when they dont even know you in the first place :) ... All you need is something that looks professional and gets your image to the customer and make them want to call. From there you can upsell and hand them a brochure during their first service or something.

STRINGALATION
09-03-2008, 01:26 AM
i agree 100% plus brochures cost way more and for what you will pay for say 1000 brochures you could probably get 10000 post cards.

UpNorth
09-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Hers mine. As you can see it is a tri-fold. The first image from right to left is... inside panel, outside back, and front cover. Second image is the inside when open, and is vertical as opposed to the traditional horizontal.

I had it made so I can mail it if needed. But usually just put it in an envelope if Im mailing out an estimate.

I really feel if you are selling a years program like I do, a customer needs to see what they are getting. Usually a customer gets multiple estimates, and I want them to be certain they are comparing apples to apples.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m293/rockymtnmf/bro_out.gif

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m293/rockymtnmf/bro_in.gif

STRINGALATION
09-03-2008, 02:35 AM
nice brochure

mdvaden
09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
My choice was more of a color flyer than a brochure because I like the way the full sheet stores in a file sleeve.

The internet has kept me fairly busy lately, so I don't distribute many of these pages.

Will probably make a point of passing them out at homes bordering where we work.

The page is laid-out just like the one below, but the text is substantially different, although in the same spot on the sheet. This is just a screen shot of the old .pdf file when I started thinking about it.

Slcareco
09-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Should I give brief descriptions of each service? If so like how? I mean do I define core aeration and just explain we cut weekly for mowing? Need some help thanks

rnd
09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
www.rndsigns.com can create professional looking brochure for you. They offer great prices for quantities between 500-1,000. They also provide layout ideas and free design services included in their price. There are lots of samples to look through on the website. Just pick a layout idea and tell them what you want it to say and they put it together for you.