PDA

View Full Version : clean pasture df

bare31
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone use this for control of bahaia? One of my accounts sprayed thier 2 acre property w/ this and it didn't kill the bahaia,it just made it stop producing stems. No yellowing,or any kill spots.

bug-guy
09-01-2008, 10:24 PM
i don't know what df is but manor/mansion will kill bahia in bermuda/ st aug check the label

bare31
09-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't know much about spraying chemicals and don't plan on spraying any customers, but I have my own land I am interested about.( just thought I would add that) I checked the label on the Manor, and it specificly says bahaia in st. Augustine, which is what I have. Does this kill the entire plant, or just no stems? Also, do I need a license for the Manor?

ted putnam
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
The active ingredient you are looking for is the metsulfuron. It needs to have as much as Manor. "Clean Pasture" sounds like an ag chem so I am not that familiar with it. The "DF" just stands for Dry Flowable. I would compare labels and as long as your active ingredients are the same percentage you are fine. Your friend may not have used surfactant while doing his app. This is necessary. He also may not have applied the proper rate...Many variables.

hmartin
09-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Clean Pasture is metsulfuron 60%, Ag label. The label suggest .3 oz per acre for bahia grass removal and says that it works best before seedhead formation and in times of adequate soil moisture.

In lawns, .5 oz to acre works much better.

bare31
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the useful info guys.

greendoctor
09-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Clean Pasture is metsulfuron 60%, Ag label. The label suggest .3 oz per acre for bahia grass removal and says that it works best before seedhead formation and in times of adequate soil moisture.

In lawns, .5 oz to acre works much better.

In bermuda, st augustine and zoysia lawns, up to 1 oz per acre is labeled. In a lawn the bahia is hardened off by repeated mowings. There is more root system than leaf area. Ag label metsulfuron also wants you to tank mix with 2,4-D and/or Banvel. I suspect the issue is the hazard of applying a high dose of metsulfuron to large areas. I do not know of any broadleaf plants that are resistant to metsulfuron. A high dose spray moving off target is something to be afraid of.