PDA

View Full Version : class is in session

treegal1
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
ok so we have a farm, no scratch that a class room, oh, um class grounds, maybe thats the word we wanted. Its nothing special just some flood prone land that has the worst soil in the world, its sandy with clay base and some rocks and lots of shells, its not flat and not hilly, it has 5 distinct zones to it. A tree farm that has palms and natives. A flat no till farm plot. 2 plots of rice patty( I hope it gets that dry).we plan on using it for wild rice, yucca, taro, and some large wet lands palms that do well to be under water. the 5 and largest part of the farm is a spot that the 18 foot alligator keeps his harem corralled in, we just don't go over there.the tree farm is also going to double as a sod farm and test plot( god I want to grow grass from seed!!). we will also have the algae and water treatment area on this plot. the part just next to it is going to be a food plot, not really a farm for sale( although we have it sold already.LOLOL)but more of an experiment on a grand scale, can a 1 acre garden support the needs of 25 people? that what we plan on finding out, we have seen it done, but just want to drive the point home in color pictures! the 2 one acre patty's are going to be the hardest to work and the best yielding plots! we are planing to raise some rice and lots of other great things in this snot like mud that is almost 2 acres. the last and fifth plot is old Ali gator's home. Ali is not a friend of man or beast only a very aggressive and mean unevoled eating machine that has shook out an existence for a really long time, he will live happily until i get a permit to cap his a$$!!! don't cry about it he has fathered almost 300 others that are just waiting to take his place, its just he is large to the point that he can easily kill some one!!! 18 feet of rage!!!

that's it for now, oh some pics..........

treegal1
09-01-2008, 11:10 PM
lovely big trees and lots of bugs, the garlic is going in the ground asap!!!

DeepGreenLawn
09-02-2008, 09:02 AM
do I hear some new alligator skin chaps coming into the picture soon? Maybe a coat as well?

I dare you to go wrestle with it... pull a Happy Gilmore on it, or a Crocodile Hunter... I hear is you hold the tip of its mouth shut it isn't strong enough to open it... make sure you have a video camera with you when you try it... :laugh:

treegal1
09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
LOLOL, ok so here hold my beer there happy gilmore, and the video, I need my good hand free to smack him up side his mug. we are actually going to have to fish for him, like with a line and hook, after you get him landed then you can use a bang stick, but no "just roll on him and bust a cap". they don't want stinking alligator corpse floating around. so you have to hook it and haul it.

treegal1
09-02-2008, 10:20 AM
ok so on the agenda for the farm today, plant some palms, crimp cut the no till field (rodale style roller). and put some tea out there, after that, we are going to put the garlic in and call it a day. more pics as they come, fun stuff

JDUtah
09-02-2008, 10:29 AM
That's exciting Tree, I'm happy for you!

Kiril
09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Ali is not a friend of man or beast only a very aggressive and mean unevoled eating machine that has shook out an existence for a really long time, he will live happily until i get a permit to cap his a$$!!! don't cry about it he has fathered almost 300 others that are just waiting to take his place, its just he is large to the point that he can easily kill some one!!! 18 feet of rage!!!

Boooooo .... soap box time.

That gator has more right to be there than you! It has called that place home for how long? Why is it every time "man" wants to take over nature, it ends up being ... kill everything they don't like or want.

Learn to co-exist with the angry mofo or find another place for your "school"!

Tim Wilson
09-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Treegal,

Do you know something about growing wild rice? I thought it only grew further north.

Tim Wilson
09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Boooooo .... soap box time.

That gator has more right to be there than you! It has called that place home for how long? Why is it every time "man" wants to take over nature, it ends up being ... kill everything they don't like or want.

Learn to co-exist with the angry mofo or find another place for your "school"!

How about a fence?

Kiril
09-02-2008, 11:32 AM
How about a fence?

That is a good place to start. :)

JDUtah
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Out here people pay to see a fenced ali. :)

Organic a go go
09-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Kiril how many gators have you co-existed with??

Prolawnservice
09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Kiril how many gators have you co-existed with??
:laugh: LOL

treegal1
09-02-2008, 02:58 PM
ok we did the fence thing already! its like a truck and walks into the fence to get at the tractor and mowers, the other 35 in the group are starting to suffer, and this dominate male is missing an arm and a leg. right front and left rear. the FWD will not issue any permits and has had a real issue getting rid of this one gator, and its not a wild land its arm core of jerks land all dug up and mis used. we are trying to let the population live on our land, and the big guy wants a solo, there is also some other concerns about his having an alligator VD of sort(does not hurt the meat), take out the chems that the rim-ditch are is no longer using on my behalf and the other things(bat houses, turtle rescue, cattle ban for the rim community, and many other steps to help the ecology) not to mention that we have hired a Miccosukee elder to officiate the "ceremony" and assist in the proper slaughter of the alligator. and there will be researchers at the BBQ to study the guts and so on. so don't cry about displacing nature and all the bs, I want a steak from his arse near his tail.

the other 35 - 40 others out there are not into chasing tractors or flipping boats. so what I ate 1 , that will give the others a chance to grow, or should I tell every one I was wrong and get the cows back???

Kiril send me an address and we can ship him to ya?? you pay the freight and get the permits?? of course.or some steaks if ya want.LOLOL

JDUtah
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I still can't even imagine dealing with those things. "Son, no swimming in that canal, you might be eaten alive" whew. lol.

Hows the garlic coming Tree?

DeepGreenLawn
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
what if someone from out of state just happened to come down and just happened to be carrying a gun that just happened to go off and just happened to kill the gator? And then just happen to head back home with hopefully no trace? Any days when there is noone around that this might just happen to take place?

treegal1
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
what if someone from out of state just happened to come down and just happened to be carrying a gun that just happened to go off and just happened to kill the gator? And then just happen to head back home with hopefully no trace? Any days when there is noone around that this might just happen to take place?
the state guy is the one who helped me set this all up.

also yes we do swim in the waters, most of the time they are not a problem, the state guy thinks this one got feed and is in the mode that human=food.the water snakes are the real worry but we all grew up here its just a thing, like snow to you, it just happens, and snow kills more that one old Ali

also 2 kinds of garlic and some new palms. 300 each

treegal1
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Treegal,

Do you know something about growing wild rice? I thought it only grew further north. in the grand scope of things ,NO , we have inlisted some help, and a reading and surfing the net, so far its just grass and you eat the seeds and it grows all over the world with lots of water and rich soil......... yes thats all I have for now......

Tim have you any info? do I have my anterior installed in my posterior?

treegal1
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
should I get a PO box for folks to send seeds to. will any one send seeds? any I dears on seeds?? I will trade some of my famous worm casts???? I want some tabacco seed If thats legal??

JDUtah
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Good point, it's easy to live/deal with what you have to. :)

300+ palms planted today? Man you do know how to get it done.

Tim Wilson
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I know nothing of growing rice. Just interested. I love wild rice. I have some tomato seeds I harvested here but you probably have lots down there. I've got 'giant poppy' seeds but they are not for food unless you use the seeds.

I've never had gator. It doesn't taste like chicken does it?

treegal1
09-02-2008, 04:19 PM
I know nothing of growing rice. Just interested. I love wild rice. I have some tomato seeds I harvested here but you probably have lots down there. I've got 'giant poppy' seeds but they are not for food unless you use the seeds.

I've never had gator. It doesn't taste like chicken does it?not at all, its a whole different meat like fishxpork, and that's not even that close. my Spanish speaking crew ask me day one, ???Arroz??? so I take it they want to grow rice?? they won't do any thing without money and food.LOLOL

growingdeeprootsorganicly
09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
ive spent a lot of time in fl in my life bass fishing and vacations

alligator tastes like tree said chicken x pork with a hint of shrimp/lobster

18 footer huh? thats a big one biggest ive seen wild was 14/15 and it got close to a boot i was in, in a canal and i nearly sh@t my pants it was so big, lake George, no bass their either do to the chem's they use for lakeweeds, some big a@# gar though

Smallaxe
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
So culling the herd of one old animal to help the rest of the herd live better is a good thing!?!?!

Taking out a rogue elephant or lion in Kenya that feeds a village and boosts the economy for the Park Service to prevent poaching is also a good thing.

Hunting is a necessary part of any natural system. Whether by man or cat.
Good for you, tg. :)

We have one variety of wild rice that grows along the Mississippi that the native Americans used to harvest. Rice for your climate may have to come from the Orient.

Tim Wilson
09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Hunting is a necessary part of any natural system. Whether by man or cat.

Unless the hunter is spending more money to go hunting than if he bought a similar amount of meat at the butcher's.

I have nothing against hunting for meat or killing a local animal that has gone nuts or is in pain. But I hate, with a passion these stupid bastards who go out for a wilderness sporting adventure. They end up in my back yard and we have to clean up their messes and mistakes. I've made friends with a few bears who got shot by these idiots, just so they could say they shot a bear. They throw the meat away. What I'd like is open season on sport hunters. Now that's a tag I'd buy.

People actually hunt morning doves. Can you imagine? Why not sparrows?

Rice for your climate may have to come from the Orient.

Or California.

wallzwallz
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a nice place TG, I'd love to attend class down there in January. If the gator is a problem, do what you have to, to protect yours. If eating him is the solution so be it. Is it true the tail is the only meat? How much meat off an 18' alligator?

treegal1
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok, so the rice, its out of my hands, the boys are going to do it all, they even have connections for the seeds and have started a shade marsh for them to start in, all the guys seem more excited than I am.

my big push is no till gardening and sod production. I can hunt on my own and the 300 palm a day for 30 days campaign is going well. we have decided to do a no till farm plat. we are going to use a bottom plough once just to flip the heavy Sudan grass and clover cover.after that its all going to be hand chopped, and walk way composted, we have to decide on some seeds to plant now and are leaning heavily on a large crop of black beans and some white pole beans(Kentucky wonder). we are also going to plant out some melons and cantaloupe mixed with an over head crop of cucumbers and lufa( lufa seeds needed). potato's on barrels to mark the rows and strawberys grown out the holes on some old wood wine barrels. we have 6 types of tomato's and loads of turnips and root crops to plant in raised beds mounded over the cover. more pics in the pm tomorrow.

DeepGreenLawn
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I hear old tires are GREAT for potatoes... when your ready to harvest you just lift up the proper tire, reach in, grab the potatoe, and then you put it back and the plant keeps on trucking like nothing happened...

Old fireman told me about this...

muddstopper
09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
I hear old tires are GREAT for potatoes... when your ready to harvest you just lift up the proper tire, reach in, grab the potatoe, and then you put it back and the plant keeps on trucking like nothing happened...

Old fireman told me about this...

Old farm tractor tires ( back ones) work best, just cut one side out and lay cut side down. Fill with good dirt and tater peels. We are going to try some old racing tires next year. My wife wants to try some in the green house this winter, I aint sure how well thats going to work out. Dont taters need bees for pollination before they can make spuds.

Kiril
09-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Or California.

Yup .... lots of rice grown in these parts.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-03-2008, 10:30 AM
FEATHER DUSTER TO POLLINATE
CANT WAIT TO SEE THE GATOR- i would like a hat
what about sweet potato's better for ya
can u do corn? down there?

treegal1
09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
yes we do corn but its a waste yield wise, the yams are a + so are other more tropical yams, black yams and thorny yams. if we do plant some corm it will be a Indian corn or hard corn, there is a large patch of maize already, and we are going to plant a bird seed patch so the critters have a good feed out side the garden fence, I want my rabbits healthy

cudaclan
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Why in God’s green earth would you want to plant with a petroleum-based container? Scrap tires have their place. The no-till method has many benefits; reduction in weed seeds is one. Layering over (rows) with compost is better. Does anyone promote pollinators? Nesting boxes for bees is something I am contemplating. The sunflowers promoted numerous species of bees this year. It also entertained us when the squirrels came for dinner.

JDUtah
09-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Wiki...
"Petroleum is a naturally occurring, flammable liquid found in rock formations in the Earth consisting of a complex mixture of hydrocarbons of various molecular weights, plus other organic compounds."

Not really arguing against your point though. I agree, I wouldn't use them... my reason is different though... they are relatively unsightly.

treegal1
09-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Does anyone promote pollinators? Nesting boxes for bees is something I am contemplating. The sunflowers promoted numerous species of bees this year. It also entertained us when the squirrels came for dinner. we have bees some orchid bees and some African hybrids, try the top bar style hive it works real well with aggressive bees.

almost all plant containers are petrol........... try handling clay ones 1000 at a time

DUSTYCEDAR
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
tree do u have a plan for a hive setup? i have space to do some

DeepGreenLawn
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
My last sergeant, before I got moved to a new station, has a TON of bee hives. He travels with them for different polinations(?). Cotton honey is my favorite so far... his bees are all real nice though. I have not been out to see them myself but he said he has been stung once, accidentally pinned a bee with his hand and it got him, in over 2 years? Him and his kids don't wear any nets or anything when handling them... most of the time is barefoot.

I would love to have a few hives myself one day...

treegal1
09-03-2008, 11:53 PM
yes we use the Kenya top bar style hive, its a snap to make and will support orchid bees and all types of euro and African bees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2wSs9Ta0fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSeimT00pRU&feature=related

DeepGreenLawn
09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
looks simple enough... I have seen his hives, away from the boxes, and they are they typical slat style, squares with the wax inserts? Pretty interesting...

treegal1
09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
looks simple enough... I have seen his hives, away from the boxes, and they are they typical slat style, squares with the wax inserts? Pretty interesting...thats the hard way to doo it, we like the natural feel to the top bar hives.

DeepGreenLawn
09-04-2008, 08:12 AM
I can see that... like I said, I don't know much about it... just that it looks really cool and I want to get into it one day...

treegal1
09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
well maybe one day we will make some more top bar hive and post some pics or a drawing. there are other things we grow bug wise that we love to use and let free, we have started raising crickets and some crazy blue lady bugs.

work at the farm got slow yesterday with the rain, we still got 160 palms in the ground and my Castor beans came up really fast, they are almost 1 foot tall in only 9 days.

the charcoal retort in a barrel( plans from biochar.org ) went off with out any trouble, "yes we got char"

treegal1
09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
aa, comopsting a we will go, a composting we will go hi hoe what do ya know, acomposting we will go.

or 99 yards of compost on the ground, take one down and spread it around, 98 yards of compoost to go.

treegal1
09-05-2008, 11:58 PM
ok so an up date, the seed project is going slow, the rain is a daily thing now so we have to do what we have to do, the grass is taller than ever and there is no stopping it, so I almost went back into town and got 2 28 hp gasoline lawn killers and polluted some in the name of agriculture. my good sense stopped me just in time and I went back to planting some tree cuttings, and palm seeds, 50 seeds to the truck load and that was a killer, 300 seeds and 4 tons of work down we should have some baby trees, next year or 2. the rice patty is starting to drain a little now and the soil in it is wonderful, 8 % OM and every thing is fabulous, just wish I could say that for the palm rows and garden plot, I am going to do 1 small patch of mow-en sod but that will be later in the year and seed grown in 2 rows and runner grown in the other rows.

so tomorrow we will have pictures of the no fuel self steering all terrain mowers we have, they run on sun power and use water!! they will also mulch the grass at the same time, and at under 50 lbs they are great for some one small.

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 12:05 AM
you have all the fun projects...

It looked like you were planting full grown palm trees. I thought you were growing them from seed? Or am I missing something?

treegal1
09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
every thing from 12 foot tall one's to seeds, today we planted some 12 lbs seeds real nice ones, we also just cut off the branches from some types of trees and plant those just in the ground no nothing, just a stick with a few leaves. we plan on planting 9000 palm trees total by the end of the month, some for oil some for seed, some for food and others for a Argo product base, its for killing _____. how ever the majority will just get used in landscapes and sold open market. the fish cages should be done soon and we are going to work on getting the garden plot in full gear this week end. if you had ask me 2 months ago if I would have all this going at once I would have said no, however I get so much more done in a day with more delegation and less hands on grunt work it has really helped the stress level. as a mater of fact other than a few tropical storms and a stolen and burned machine, it has been real nice lately and I think that knowing your inputs are not going to be put on hold or that we have to limit our operation based on the small space we had before.

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 08:27 AM
some for oil some for seed, some for food and others for a Argo product base, its for killing _____.

HAHA... thats funny...

however I get so much more done in a day with more delegation and less hands on grunt work it has really helped the stress level.

That is what they teach a lot here at the FD, delegate delegate delegate... you shouldn't have more than 7 people under your watch, 4 being the optimum.

treegal1
09-06-2008, 09:18 AM
not counting phill, thats 8 so far today.LOLOL.

off to get the farm going, lots of pics today!!!!

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah, this is the FD not your own business... things don't really work the same... but I am still going to try to use the base concept with my business... the problem is that it causes more funds to be spent on people...

muddstopper
09-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Why in God’s green earth would you want to plant with a petroleum-based container? Scrap tires have their place. The no-till method has many benefits; reduction in weed seeds is one. Layering over (rows) with compost is better. Does anyone promote pollinators? Nesting boxes for bees is something I am contemplating. The sunflowers promoted numerous species of bees this year. It also entertained us when the squirrels came for dinner.

Well, since there is no recycleing center for old tires anywhere around me that I am aware of, I guess I could just let the old tires lay around and fill with rain to attract mosquiteos, or maybe just bury them in the local landfield. Tires make great composting vehicles and serve the same purpose as a raised planting bed. Geez, I cant think of any negative reason why I shouldnt be re-using ( or should I say recycleing), old tires as a petroleum based container for raiseing plants. Whats the difference in tires and all those plastic planting trays/pots you see in green houses all over the world. You know the ones I am talking about, the ones all your shrub plants come in and all your annual flowers come in and a large majority of all your store bought veggie plants come in. Feel free to educate me on his subject.

Tim Wilson
09-06-2008, 03:45 PM
The way I've seen it but not tried is that you get a bunch of similar sized tires, lay the first on the ground and fill with soil and plant the seed potato in there. As the plant grows high enough you place another tire on top and fill with soil covering all but the top part of the plant. This is continued until you have a stack of tires and the plant matures. As it grows it puts out new roots (potatoes) so at harvest time you just knock over your stack of tires and there you have 50 to 200 pounds of potatoes from one plant. Excellent recycling and way to feed people with limited ground space. Might work for yams?

muddstopper
09-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Tim, if you are answering my post, I know stacking tires works great for potatoes, and I appreciate your response. My remarks where more directed at Cudaclan who seems to think that growing "taters" using old tires is somehow harmful. I am very interested in hearing just what is so wrong about using old tires as planters.

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Whether Tim was replying to you or not I was wandering the proper way to do this... I was wanting to do this myself...

Thanks Tim!

greenguy08
09-06-2008, 07:24 PM
mud, I've seen several reports of heavy metals leaching from used tires into soil. That's enough reason for me.

phasthound
09-06-2008, 07:30 PM
mud, I've seen several reports of heavy metals leaching from used tires into soil. That's enough reason for me.

I know there was some concern years ago about using them in playgrounds. I am not aware of any research.

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I was told that is only when they are cut. A normal old used tire that has been sitting around for a while from what I understand is pretty safe...

use this at your own discrepancy...

treegal1
09-06-2008, 08:21 PM
the metal is from the steel cords that get used in the tires, they have been coated with a galvanized coating. that's the source of the metals, the rubber is ok, all you need to do is use ones with out a steel belting, usually tractor tires are nylon belts.

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 08:44 PM
all road tires have the steel? Tractor tires, unless you get the small ones, would seem to be too large to handle very easily for homeowners, I take it that is the level most of this are talking about?

4 wheeler tires?

treegal1
09-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Mobil home tires are all nylon, dont ask me how I know.

DeepGreenLawn
09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Mobil home tires are all nylon, dont ask me how I know.

lol.........

cudaclan
09-07-2008, 12:27 AM
The Michelin Man and his friends have been friends with me for numerous years. Place your scrap tires for (normal) trash disposal (curbside) and see if the sanitation department takes it. It is considered hazardous waste. There is limited use for them. The most detrimental aspect of “recycling” tires is man-made reefs. There is nothing wrong with a raised bed for potatoes. It is a real epidemic with the disposal of scrap tires. We were told that pressure treated wood (arsenic) had minimal leaching and would not be detrimental in raised beds. What, you say you prefer creosote as a better preservative. Moreover, what is asbestos doing in toothpaste? Do you need to accumulate all the “minimal” to equate to unacceptable?

treegal1
09-07-2008, 09:14 AM
actually its the chrome in the pt thats the killer long term, eh what ever33,24, not in my wood.

treegal1
09-07-2008, 09:24 AM
ok so i tried the new mower out yesterday, and its ok. nice long cut height, even in rutts and slopes, does no get dogged down in the mud even if the mud is above the cut line. it does the best job of mulching the grass I have ever seen, the particles are about the size of a rice grain when finished mulching. almost fee guilty about not spending any thing to fuel it up for the day.

it does have a few down sides, its not really practical for small yards, its slower than most gas powered mowers and takes some getting used to it coming up behind you and bumping you like to say get off the lawn i am working on. but for the most part it has worked out real good.

Tim Wilson
09-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I did not consider the potential for leaching harmfuls into the potato tower. Hmmm...bears some examination

muddstopper
09-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Heavy metals from old tires???? Possible I guess, altho this is the first I have heard of this type of potential. Someone suggested that the metals come from the wire that makes up the belts in the tire, and that nylon tires wouldnt have these wire. I am pretty sure every tire I have seen, including tractor tires and the nylon or bias tires contain wire in the section of the tire that makes contact with the rim, I guess this would be the bead area. The nature of the heavy metal contamination being the use of Galvanized wire. ??? Not sure how accurate that statement is, but lets consider the soils chemistry. Galvanized wire is made useing a coating of Zinc to help protect the wire from rust and oxidation. Zinc is an important nutrient used by plants, as well as humans, to help fight off diseases. The levels of zinc in the soil, as well as in plant and animal tissues, can vary greatly, but in most soils is deficient, even tho only small amounts are actually needed. This availability of the zinc to the plants is also greatly influenced by the presence of anion elements that soil also contains. Soils with high P levels can benefit greatly by the addition of zinc to the soil, likewise, if high zinc levels are found the addition of more P might be justified. Zinc that is leached from Galvinized wire, such as a chain link fence can cause growing problems in plants along the fence line, but one should consider the source of the zinc. Fencing wire is coated with a very heavy coating of zinc and is subjected to all the elements of nature, Rain, wind, sun, and human activity. such as being struck by the trimmer line while weed eating, jumped up on by the pet dog, climed on by squirrels, kids climbing on them or bounceing their balls or frisbees, etc., etc.,. Anyways , you should be getting the ideal. Anything that contacts this fenceing can fracture the zinc coating and allow for flakeing off of the galvanization, resulting in direct contact with the soil where it can further degrade and leach into the soil. While the zinc might be present in the automobile tire, and I dont even know if gavanized wire is used in making automobile tires, it is encapulated inside the rubber of the tire and shouldnt be subject to any leaching at all. If the Zinc could leach out, so would the air the tire is designed to hold. At any rate, this is all specualtion on my part as I havent seen any studies done on this particular topic, and I would be very interested if anybody else knows of any such studies. My reason for wanting to know is very self centered in that we are planning a large part of our personal gradening next year to consist of using old racing tires for raised beds, not limited to just taters.

muddstopper
09-07-2008, 12:54 PM
So as to not hyjack treegals thread any further, I started another thread about the automobile tires. If you have any info to contribute, please post it here. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=245320

treegal1
09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
ok so i tried the new mower out yesterday, and its ok. nice long cut height, even in rutts and slopes, does no get dogged down in the mud even if the mud is above the cut line. it does the best job of mulching the grass I have ever seen, the particles are about the size of a rice grain when finished mulching. almost fee guilty about not spending any thing to fuel it up for the day.

it does have a few down sides, its not really practical for small yards, its slower than most gas powered mowers and takes some getting used to it coming up behind you and bumping you like to say get off the lawn i am working on. but for the most part it has worked out real good.

I almost forgot to post a picture of the eco mower, its name is Savanna, phill says every working lady needs a showy name.LOLOLOL, she has won a fair and a 4H

treegal1
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
So as to not hyjack treegals thread any further, I started another thread about the automobile tires. If you have any info to contribute, please post it here. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=245320hey dont worry, I thought it was relevant, thanks anyways, maybe just learned me something.LOLOL

DeepGreenLawn
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
She is beautiful. :clapping:

ICT Bill
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Don't bend over too close to Ms. Savannah

Nice, I'll bet King Phillip has a ball with that one

Tim Wilson
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I almost forgot to post a picture of the eco mower, its name is Savanna, phill says every working lady needs a showy name.LOLOLOL, she has won a fair and a 4H

Savanna looks like an Alpine. I had one traded to me years ago for tutoring a youngster (yeah I know I'm a hillbilly). Once this goat figured out what got me mad she would do it unceasingly for her own amusement in watching me scream at her, face contorted and red. She would knock the feed bag over then run in circles around the shed with us in pursuit. She would taunt us by coming near going down with her front legs, with her butt in the air and weave from side to side like a dog does. I wonder if the expression 'got your goat' is related. I eventually traded her for something else. I've thought about getting goats here to keep the weeds down but don't like their propensity for leaping onto cars.

treegal1
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
she has been a fun little hand full pet for now, a little loud and has some separation issues, and like all goats we have had to redo the fence in 48 different ways but down so far. we are going to expand the herd with another male and some sheep on loan. but we only plan on 2 females in the long term, they should be able to keep up with one acre nicely and they can trim around the palm trees with the greatest of ease, and still be delicate not to hurt them. although some small seedlings from some types of palms are on the menu so far "savy" has been a good goat, she was a orphan from a closed petting zoo.

ICT Bill
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
"Put a lime in the coconut"...... everybody sing

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Irrigation !! it has been there a while, obviously someone else was growing there before you, SWEET

How about some organic blueberries, did you know they are like growing lobsters on the vine (not really a vine, bush sounded wrong) $12 a pound in late March or early April and the state of Florida will help with expenses, very cool. The only issue is it takes 3 years to go from cutting to production

I happen to know a guy who knows a guy

You are already set up with irrigation cool

ICT Bill
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
The pictures of smoke...... I can only imagine, pre "us" how they worked the land with fire

I got a kick out of Charles Mann's book (1491)when he spoke about buffalo and elk, there weren't 60,000,000 buffalo before the europeans got here, they were kept in check by hunting, only after 97% of the native populations got wiped out did they expand into those numbers because there was no one here to hunt them

My generation has been programmed to see smoke and fire and think "bad", it is anything but, it is life

treegal1
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
we have a nice crop of 11 year old blue berries already, all in fiber bags, they wont live so well out there, but we are going to have about 20 there any ways, the major part of our crop is near jax,FL. they are a wild kind that we saved from cleared land, real nice small bushes. the palms that were there Be are only about 35- 40 larger queen palms, they will get sold or burned as they are worthless in FL, the other fox tails and some of the other larger palms we planted almost 2 month's ago, before we even knew if we had the land or not, it was a friend of ours that had it before and he let it all go down hill, the pump was a bust the heads all wore out and most if not all of the pipe was cracked and the risers were broke off at the ground. 3 days to get it going. it will only cover the palm area, so we are going to add a small system for the veg garden, and the patty's will be flood irrigated. if we ever finish burning all the grass and vines off. its wet and the weather is not helping. the coconuts are golden Malayan and real sweet, we have also planted a lot of cuttings of gumbo limbo, Chinese fan palms, old man palms and some other faster growing palms, we have all our containerized stock going out there in a few days, and have seeds in pots and liners as far as the eye can see. we are planing on a 2-5 year crop

ICT Bill
09-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Sweet, TG a new and exciting chapter in the annuls of TG, Phil and King Phillip and now of course 70,000 plants, 2 goats, and a partridge in a pear tree

You know you should do a camping weekend where folks work for free and camp on the site, hard work all day clearing brush and a camp fire do something to a person

Think Hula skirts, YEE HAA

treegal1
09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Yes the smoke, and the pre US way of farming is going to be a big part of this, its all about carbon management and renualbe resources. and yes Bill we have a lot of different folk wanting to get into the garden not only to learn but some are willing to come out just to reconnect, every one from the old garden club ladies to hippies and boy scouts. we even have been graced with one of the largest farmers in the country coming out to see what we have going and if HE can use our ways, seem fuel is the weak link in our way as a people, and the fact that we have almost no fuel use has some people all ears and eyes, so far we have only used 1 gallon of 93 gas to thin down the ethanol we use for chain saws. and we have only used 2 of 10 gallons so far.

and the inputs that can be grown in a small area, WOW, every thing from yucca to cane juice, and every thing in between. you have never brewed tea until you try some sugar cain juice. we have almost got the fish cages in order to meet the doa & dep wants and needs, next its cap ALI and then its on to the real work.

many of the palms we are growing have a food value as well as a cash$$$ value. and the amount you can grow if you don't have rows and tractor ways to waste space and dirt is out of this world. the idea being that we grow more food calories than we use at the same time recycling and providing a way to care for more non food crops(grass)

DeepGreenLawn
09-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes the smoke, and the pre US way of farming is going to be a big part of this, its all about carbon management and renualbe resources. and yes Bill we have a lot of different folk wanting to get into the garden not only to learn but some are willing to come out just to reconnect, every one from the old garden club ladies to hippies and boy scouts. we even have been graced with one of the largest farmers in the country coming out to see what we have going and if HE can use our ways, seem fuel is the weak link in our way as a people, and the fact that we have almost no fuel use has some people all ears and eyes, so far we have only used 1 gallon of 93 gas to thin down the ethanol we use for chain saws. and we have only used 2 of 10 gallons so far.

and the inputs that can be grown in a small area, WOW, every thing from yucca to cane juice, and every thing in between. you have never brewed tea until you try some sugar cain juice. we have almost got the fish cages in order to meet the doa & dep wants and needs, next its cap ALI and then its on to the real work.

many of the palms we are growing have a food value as well as a cash$$$ value. and the amount you can grow if you don't have rows and tractor ways to waste space and dirt is out of this world. the idea being that we grow more food calories than we use at the same time recycling and providing a way to care for more non food crops(grass)

these growing practices you are talking about... are they something that we could take to Africa and be used there?

treegal1
09-09-2008, 12:07 AM
yes in morongo, Kenya, Sudan, Havana, Brazil, Malaysia,Honduras, Chile,Boston, Colorado,china,the former ussr/cccp. any place you want to, the plants may change the soil may be different, the concept is universal, the methods transpose culturally and any one can do it!!!it is....natural!

treegal1
09-09-2008, 12:15 AM
more of the in work efforts..........

deep the wood thing is the new composting $h*ter........

DeepGreenLawn
09-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I love it... I can't wait to see it in person one day...

ICT Bill
09-09-2008, 09:24 AM
and I see Phil's love of shipping containers continues, good for you guys, go get 'em

treegal1
09-09-2008, 10:02 AM
well, yes he loves the things, he makes offices, composters, tool sheds, he is even making a goose neck trailer out of one. the things are like flys in miami, and one dent or busted lift area and they sell for cent per lbs, most of the time he can get one for 1000$ water tight grade A, a dent and ding special can go as low as 300$ if you dont showup like a gringo. "hola, quiero pagar en efectivo por un contenedor utilizado", and we like to think of them as a hurricane proof way to get thing done, just add 20 tons of crap and it takes a effort to get it moved.LOLOL

ICT Bill
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
a $300 one time charge for new warehouse space !!! now I know why he loves them so. They are very heavy duty too which is great, you can back a tractor into one and hardly dent it

DeepGreenLawn
09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
a $300 one time charge for new warehouse space !!! now I know why he loves them so. They are very heavy duty too which is great, you can back a tractor into one and hardly dent it

personal experience?

treegal1
09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
oh yes you can beat in them with out hardly a scratch. we had one on a site, painted it camo with palm fronds and all. some idiot ran his car into it, it totaled the car and there was not dent one, he had to have hit it doing 40 at least. and they are easy to move with a flat bed 2 highlift jacks and a winch.

ICT Bill
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
personal experience?

You caught me, yes, actually it was a bob cat skid steer, stopped me fast
If you had a dumping flatbed like a tow truck you could move one in an instant

treegal1
09-14-2008, 09:46 PM
ok, what a week end. we did lots to get the old farm into order, always the usual, fix broken pipe and plant more palms, thats the same old same old, nothing exciting. then we started to work on the goat area, pond first and then some of the other things any good goat deserves, nice recycled fence, big house(formerly the out house, more on this soon) and shade trees for the hotter days.

treegal1
09-14-2008, 10:00 PM
SO ABOUT THE OUTHOUSE, seems that 4x4 is not going to be a good size outhouse, the county health department said no go and that it needs to be at least 8x8. so we gave the out house to the goat. the composting part of our shiter is all good they let it pass and want to have a way to use Phil's plans for other places that it is impossible to have regular facility's.

I also have the front page of the site up and going, and at the same time have killed all the content, I also cleared my pm box some how, but any ways maybe in the am I will have some content for the new site. If I dont fry my box.......

the coconuts are doing well, and have mulch, it always is amazing that the soil stays wet under mulch and not under dirt.

treegal1
09-14-2008, 10:08 PM
the last pic is the big guy with the scythe( tool, not herbicide!!) he cleared almost 1/2 acre with out any gas. all the sudan grass and wire grass will be put up for animal feed, the timothy and weeds will get burned (we need the K) this is going to be a melon patch, so only one row and tons of space to grow. the sudan grass will come back from a good burn and re grow real well, and it will take longer than the melons so we can use it to crop multiple times at once.

oh almost forgot the horse and animal peeps, just wait till you see the grass eater chow that he has "put UP" whatever that means...........

treegal1
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
so its almost time some folks have arrived at the site already, the super brewer is in the house so to say and its going to be a blast, got a little 300 yard compost pile started just to have something to talk about, you know just the usual rhetoric, the site has changed a lot but the but every one will see as we post the days events!!!!! see ya soon, and welcome to Jensen!!!

wallzwallz
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Cool TG, look forward to the pics and daily events. Anyone from this board there? Is your site up yet? good luck

DUSTYCEDAR
10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
i wanted to bury some containers but the town dont like that idea

treegal1
10-23-2008, 11:00 PM
i wanted to bury some containers but the town dont like that idea
Like jim jones????

DUSTYCEDAR
10-23-2008, 11:12 PM
More like the a-team

treegal1
10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
ah childhood memories..............

treegal1
10-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Cool TG, look forward to the pics and daily events. Anyone from this board there? Is your site up yet? good luck
afew folks from board. the site is still ham and egg, my web guy is going to be out of the hospital soon, he crashed his rice rocket and is lucky to be alive.

wallz thanks we need some luck, this first class is a learning curve for me as well, that and the little town we have ran out of hotels, I have 1/2 the short term rentals in the area for the week end.LOLOLOL:cry:

treegal1
10-23-2008, 11:19 PM
and I made the new brewers red, like the color of my blood that the other tea brewer guys are going to want to spill. good thing I am moving soonLOLOL

DUSTYCEDAR
10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
You gonna sneek a peak of the red

treegal1
10-23-2008, 11:44 PM
You gonna sneek a peak of the red
I am going to show every one, even the pics of me with the rifle shooting one!!! yes they can take a gun shot and still work just fine, lets hear some other tea guys say that!!!!

Smallaxe
10-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I am going to show every one, even the pics of me with the rifle shooting one!!! yes they can take a gun shot and still work just fine, lets hear some other tea guys say that!!!!

Bouncing lead off a tea brewer!?!? :laugh: Not every tea guy can say that. That's a hoot!!!

DUSTYCEDAR
10-24-2008, 09:35 AM
N0W I HAVE TO SEE THIS:gunsfirin

phasthound
10-24-2008, 02:30 PM

How does this affect the herd? :dizzy:

DUSTYCEDAR
10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
THEY LEARN TO DUCK :laugh:

DeepGreenLawn
10-27-2008, 03:45 PM
how was the class or is it in session?

treegal1
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
well, after all is said and done it turned out ok I guess, a few minor disasters, tractor broke down so no turning display. although it was stuck half was in the pile. had to give one guy a used brewer because I did not have the time to finish it. phill and king philly where sick. it rained day and nite. most of the class did not get here till sun morning and stayed till today. one guy got here early and had to go sooner that expected. I ran out of worm bins to sell. and the guy from Australia has not showed up here or there, and he pre paid and everything. I will say this, any one in NC is in for some competition real soon.

on the good side, I have a 300 yard compost pile started at the farm, the new brewers rock, the worm beds work good, every one had a good time, Sunday fishing was a blast. I got to meet and now work with two local LCO's from the north and south of me. and I may be teaming up with a really large state wide tree company to try and help them meet there composting needs.

I also learned a great deal about how to do this better the next time and what to expect and how to plan the next class, I also had fun meting all the different people

my cell phone is doa so pics on wed after I ask for an ok to use them from those who came........

DUSTYCEDAR
10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Sometimes it all fails at once

treegal1
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
it still turned out good over all. and I want to do is again.

already have more folks want to come to the next one. and it is already planed better. and the machinery is working again. for now.LOLOL

DeepGreenLawn
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
glad to hear... I plan on being at the next one as long as everything goes as planned...

treegal1
10-27-2008, 10:42 PM
ok but the new rule is no last minute brewers. I maybe let someone down and that aint my style.

DUSTYCEDAR
10-27-2008, 10:50 PM
its great to get it all going and we learn something new each day

treegal1
01-06-2009, 08:41 PM
well i dont have all the pics i want to post here yet but here is some small tidbits.............

treegal1
01-06-2009, 08:47 PM
the center of the farm seems to be the worm bin, I guess shade is key.........

the next photo is supposed to be a lady bug in the bean vine...................

treegal1
01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
and some more,

composter with air...................

Smallaxe
01-07-2009, 11:45 AM
That makes cabin fever , in Wisco, turn into delerium. :(

Beautiful pictures meaning a lot of fun activity. Looks good!!!

treegal1
01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
That makes cabin fever , in Wisco, turn into delerium. :(

Beautiful pictures meaning a lot of fun activity. Looks good!!!if it makes you feel better we are trapped in our houses in august, heat is like wow.......

Barefoot James
01-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Great pics.

Is that you tree? You are HOT who is the bearded guy? LOL sorry Phil? count your blessings. Sorry again Phil.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just having some fun cause I think this is the first "offical" tree & phil photo?

Photos Good - Names Bad - Inside Joke, huh tree?

Barefoot James
01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Does this thing speed up the composting process. What kind of diffusers are on the other end. Besides speed any other benefits? Better microbe diversity?

treegal1
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Does this thing speed up the composting process. What kind of diffusers are on the other end. Besides speed any other benefits? Better microbe diversity?maybe just the same as a turned pile, with out the turning, and some extra fungal load as the fungus is not broken and hurt in any way( with machines) its just pipe and holes with a blower that runs in a solar pack. about 4 feet of compost is all that the blower will force air into the pile.

and the beard is just his way of increasing bio mass, JK he actually played Santa for a kids shelter and then left it over the Xmas break as the farm has no hair clipping tools on it yet. we camped out in a tent made from ALL trash for a 2 week stretch and loved it to the very end, king Philly was heart broken when I had to tell him that we needed to go back to town for a bath and school.......

when it gets hot again down here the tent will be repurposed into a shade hose for cuttings.

Mr. Nice
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
barefoot,

If you check the archive's on yahoo ct , somebody I can't remember who posted a great study on
compost, co2 and o2 consumption and respiration, It was a pretty involved test.

they used a vacuum to aerate the compost in vessel and the test showed how far superior that method is for making GREAT compost fast. maybe somebody else remembers it?

Smallaxe
01-08-2009, 09:52 AM
if it makes you feel better we are trapped in our houses in august, heat is like wow.......

I can't 'work hard' in August already here in Wisco, I imagine I would be useless in Florida after Memorial Day. :)

ICT Bill
01-08-2009, 10:11 PM
if it makes you feel better we are trapped in our houses in august, heat is like wow.......

U R not, You, Phil and King Phil took me to dinner outside in August and none of us was breaking a sweat, yeah right, it was actually a very nice night

treegal1
01-08-2009, 10:16 PM
yeah I was lying about the heat, see we have water on all sides and it almost never gets past 85deg, but it is humid.lolol

yeah we just ate out side with no shoes and T shirts, the water also keeps it warm

treegal1
01-20-2009, 06:12 PM
more pics of more stuff.............

treegal1
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM
this is a funny one........

DUSTYCEDAR
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
what did you do to the pool?
or what was a pool and is now????

treegal1
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
its called the wallmart fish farm comes with filter, pool, under liner, you just add water, fish and air and some weeds, duck , , , stir to taste( about 2 lbs per fish) and serve!!!!

DUSTYCEDAR
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
what r we growing?

treegal1
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
fish man, like for dinner. Tilapia!!!!

NattyLawn
01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
fish man, like for dinner. Tilapia!!!!

Great for fish tacos.

Aren't they real easy to breed? I remember a documentary on the Salton Sea. Tilapia everywhere...

treegal1
01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
if you don't take some of the fish out they will take them self's out of the water!!! you need 2 fish to the gallon max and its a waste for any less than 1 per gallon. that "pond" has about 750 fish now at the 3/4LBS mark, we will start spearing some of the larger ones for our table the rest will be sold whole to a fish market for dist. I get about 6$ per whole fish.

bicmudpuppy
01-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Old farm tractor tires ( back ones) work best, just cut one side out and lay cut side down. Fill with good dirt and tater peels. We are going to try some old racing tires next year. My wife wants to try some in the green house this winter, I aint sure how well thats going to work out. Dont taters need bees for pollination before they can make spuds.

New "here", but I'll add one to this. Old trash cans or drums work too. Start the plant so it gets some sun and keep top dressing slowly until the can is full. Lift the bottomless can and you will have a barrel of potatoes!

treegal1
04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
well the farm is in full swing, lots got done, new tools. and I am going to do the next class for all that have attended before pro-bono gratis free!!!! the rest of ya, well i dont shake with my left hand..............

oh and the calendar pics, i mean farm pics,

me and the soil used to be white......I have almost given up on the clothes and I am hand rolling cigars from home grown......................LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

treegal1
04-27-2009, 10:20 AM
the class is going to be in may on the 20-21.

and there was a sneek peek of the tromel in the back ground, it did look new before we used it for days on end..........

Smallaxe
04-28-2009, 03:04 AM
the class is going to be in may on the 20-21.

and there was a sneek peek of the tromel in the back ground, it did look new before we used it for days on end..........

OK, you got me... what's the tromel?

Kiril
04-28-2009, 09:56 AM
OK, you got me... what's the tromel?

pic 3, center right.

DeepGreenLawn
04-28-2009, 10:11 AM
can you remind us, or tell us if it has changed, of the cost of the class? I just cleared my schedule for that week... sounds like a good time for a vacation...

Smallaxe
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Oh, Sifter. :) Thanks...

ICT Bill
04-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey you have put on some weight, looks nice. I thought you were too skinny last time I saw you
I would love to know, long term, how that inflatable pool holds up. i need to move some fish and expand my pond and wanted to use one of those

BTW if the filter can't handle the loadand you get a big build up of organic matter in the pool, I use potassium permangenate to chew up the organic matter, do not dose over 4PPM, you will need areation. If you can keep it purple for 4 to 6 hours it will also clean out almost every parasite in there

great tool for ponds and fish

Kiril
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey you have put on some weight, looks nice.

Dude, are you insane? You must not be married. :laugh:

terrapro
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM

:nono: :hammerhead: :laugh:

Is that what Florida looks like? I need to get out of this state every once in awhile.

ICT Bill
04-28-2009, 08:10 PM

Oh definetly married, 20 years in June

inside joke, I think ??? But I'm getting older and forget sometimes

treegal1
04-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Bill that pond is 2 years old used??? so maybe 3 or 4 years old, waly world for under 200$!!!!

the pond gets started with 3 scoopd of shite, some weeds and finger fish, 2 per 5 gallons, or 1200 fish, grown to 2 lbs....

deep the class is the same......

yes I was to skinny, now at 113 lbs I can do a little more.

florida is always the best!!!!!

treegal1
04-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Oh definetly married, 20 years in June

inside joke, I think ??? But I'm getting older and forget sometimes
yep Phill and I have just hit the 13 year mark..........50 here we come............

Grohorganic
06-11-2009, 02:38 PM
so the summer heat is on and we are going to try and do the imposible and farm into the winter, so summer crops here we go.

mostly feed and cover crops but some things so far have taken the heat.

ICT Bill
06-12-2009, 10:26 AM
so the summer heat is on and we are going to try and do the imposible and farm into the winter, so summer crops here we go.

mostly feed and cover crops but some things so far have taken the heat.

You say potatoe I say Patatoe, you say tomato, I say tomatoe

with the warms of the soil you certainly won't have any issues getting things to germinate, and its rainy season. I would imagine the issue is the common fungal and bacterial disease wiping them out before they can get established

The cooler guys are out like spinach, lettuce, they get bitter whe it get too hot

Grohorganic
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
with the warms of the soil you certainly won't have any issues getting things to germinate, and its rainy season. I would imagine the issue is the common fungal and bacterial disease wiping them out before they can get established that is very true, to bad the weeds don't suffer from the fungal issues. that and the bugs, its almost a war against nature, that we are losing fast

JDUtah
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
its almost a war against nature, that we are losing fast

Woot chem time! ;)

Grohorganic
06-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Woot chem time! ;)

JD send me an email with your address so I can send a tow truck to pull your head out of your......

I am coming up on the second year of rotation a would not blow it for the world

JDUtah
06-16-2009, 01:33 AM
JD send me an email with your address so I can send a tow truck to pull your head out of your......

I am coming up on the second year of rotation a would not blow it for the world

Just messing around. I know what you got goin on out there. Thumbs Up

DUSTYCEDAR
06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
YOU HAVE SUN
all we have is rain

Grohorganic
06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
YOU HAVE SUN
all we have is rain

yeah the sun is out and with the water getting lower in the lake and the canal almost dry we are back in the well water mode and that cr@p is just poison, add acid and out gas and then..... well hope in one hand and $h*t in the other and see what is first to fill up

Landscape Poet
01-15-2010, 02:13 AM
OK so what is going on at the farm now - no updates for a long time - found this thread while doing some research and read all 16 pages - and now feel like I started a good book and found out that the author just stopped writing.

Grohorganic
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
hey there tree and I just got back from... well thats not that important but there is a new farm and a new chapter in the saga.

the book will continue

ICT Bill
05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
hey there tree and I just got back from... well thats not that important but there is a new farm and a new chapter in the saga.

the book will continue

She has not been on here for over a year, although sometimes I think I can feel her lurking

good to hear from you its been a while, are you still backhoe deep in compost?