PDA

View Full Version : My Shop and Lawn pics

ExecutiveLawns
09-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Here are a few pics of my shop and a few lawns we maintain. Our shop is just about 2k sqft and its part of a much larger warehouse which you can see in the pics the owners have just sub-divided it all out to other small businesses. Its not enough space for all of my stuff so i have to park at an outdoor lot (skid-loader trailer and enclosed trailer stay there). As you see both trucks stay at the shop overnight due to gas prices i save about $40 a week in gas driving my 6cyl. car to home and back. We are lucky to get 10mpg in the trucks.

ExecutiveLawns
09-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Here are the property pics

Lawn Enforcer
09-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice shop. I wish I had some more room to work with. How much a month?

MileHigh
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Awesome shop, trucks and equipment!!

Now those are some inspiring pictures...I hope I'm as successful as your operation some day..

ExecutiveLawns
09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys the shop lease is just over $600 a month which i think is a steal for being in a good side of town and it is in a gated complex. I like it because im not sure how big i will be in a couple years and dont want to spend alot on a property if it is something i might outgrow in a couple years. There are actually I think 5 or 6 other Lawn care companies in the complex and they range any where from solo ops to my company which is 3 full timers plus my self and a couple part timers to a lawn and landscape co with over a dozen guys. We all pretty talk and network as well.

davis45
09-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Sweet trucks! Great shop and great work.

South Florida Lawns
09-02-2008, 12:46 AM
One of my employees, and close friend just left for Paris Island about a month ago.

I like the setup that you got. Pretty much everything you need to run a decent sized lawn biz. It does look like your cramped in there.

stuntmanlogan
09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Very nice shop and equitment

Green Team Landscaping
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Nice shop. What did you use to stripe so well with, and do you have a kit?

O'BrienLawn&Landscape
09-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Looks awesome! Good use of space in the shop. i like how the plow is shelved!

PROCUT1
09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Holy smokes...What a difference in areas...Here a 2000 sq shop would be $2500 a month minimum.

scaglawnsnj
09-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Cool sweet shop nd work. How much you charge for the house on the first pic, for mowing?

ExecutiveLawns
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys.
To try to answer alot of your questions there is actually quit a bit of space in there when we move trucks and trailers out. for instance when my guys change out blades one truck will be out of the shop and that gives them room to get atleast 3 mowers up on jacks at once. Also in the winter months the mower trailers, dump trailer, mowers, aerator, and other summer equipment all goes to a warehouse that we pay about $3 a sq ft on a month to month lease. I do that to get it out of there so we can have the skid loader trailer loader and ready for snow as well as the enclosed trailer there with all of our holiday light equipment and supplies in it. we also need more space in the winter for plows to be on the ground and also for the 4+ pallets of ice melt that i will have on hand.

As far as the lawn pics we get around $60 for the first lawn(pics 1&2) and its like 10-12K takes 2 guys 23 min mow, trim and blow. The second lawn (pics 3,4&5) is just over 5 acres and we get $300 for it and it take 2 guys right at 2 hours to mow, trim and blow.

And for the nice strips I do have a stripe kit on my newer lazer with the triton deck but both of my lazers get used on both of those lawns and you cant tell a difference now.

J&R Landscaping
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Nice shop and equipment!

Flow Control
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Nice equipment, trucks, lettering on trucks, shop, organization, pics. Kudos on everything.

bock
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Weres the fork lift hiding at? Wow I found a place with free eletricity and i pay 390 a month! It is gated and has keypad enterance! None the less nice shop, I need to get some of that heavy duty shelving so i can put some of our plows and mowers up in the off season.

deere615
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow that is a sweet shop-clean and organized. Those shelves work great. I love the Trucks too:weightlifter:

metro36
09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I like your taste in trucks and mowers.

STIHL GUY
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
i like the shop and equiment. Nice stripes too

ExecutiveLawns
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Weres the fork lift hiding at? Wow I found a place with free eletricity and i pay 390 a month! It is gated and has keypad enterance! None the less nice shop, I need to get some of that heavy duty shelving so i can put some of our plows and mowers up in the off season.

Yea no fork lift, but the neighbor has one if i need it, but i do have forks for the skid loader thats how we get the plows, sprayer tank, and pallets of misc. stuff up there. This place has electricity thats included and it also has a keypad gate. the only problem is there is no heat, but this year we are going to hang 6mil plastic from the rafters down and try to heat just our couple thousand square feet with our gas heaters, at least while we are working in there.

cleancutslawncare
09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
As all have said before, super nice. I also really like your phone number, its both appropriate and easy to remember. How many accounts do you service, how many years in the biz?

ExecutiveLawns
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks,
We mow around 75 account (anywhere between 1K - 300+K sq ft)
Apply chemical applications on 60 some accounts (anywhere form 1k to 300+k sq ft. and yea it sucks pulling a hose on a 7+ acre property but just cant justify a ride on sprayer yet)
Ive been in the biz since march of 2007. was active duty in the Marine Corps for 4 years prior to that.

As for the phone number its a vanity number I pay for but alot of my customer like it and its easier for them to remember to refer us on to friends and family instead of them going into the phone book and calling a couple other companies while they are in there.
Also looking to maybe get in to the border/curbing of landscape beds next year and i figured that would be agreat number for that.

davis45
09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Looks likes you have a great business running. Someone is going to ask so I might as well do it. How did you get so many accounts in just a year? Great job.

lifetree
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Sweet trucks ! Great shop and great work.

Yeah ... congratulations !!

ExecutiveLawns
09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Looks likes you have a great business running. Someone is going to ask so I might as well do it. How did you get so many accounts in just a year? Great job.

How did I get so many accounts in a year? I would have thank my great hard working employees that get us so many referrals from happy customers as well as i think im just a great people person with good sales skills. I also believe firmly in no matter what service industry you are in if you dont have good marketing and sales skills you really arent going to make it very big. Now with saying that I know im not a large company in any means and nore do i really want to be, but i would like this company to be to the size that we can really do anything in the lawn maintenance industry that way I can keep competitors out of my customers wallets. I would really like to be a solo operation because i know I could make some good $$$ that way but when it comes to mulch work, lawn clean ups, hedge trimming, Holiday lights and so on you really need at least 2-4 guys to make it efficient.

ProCut_48
10-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Nice stuff :cool2:

02DURAMAX
10-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Nice Chevy's!!!

cutbetterthanyou
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
where do you buy shrlf like that from

bakerc8
10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
nice equement what are the boxes for up on top

ExecutiveLawns
10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Those boxes are all full of holiday lights for our customers that have us store them over the off season.

bdm408
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Those boxes are all full of holiday lights for our customers that have us store them over the off season.

Do you charge your customers to store the lights or do you add that into the price you give them to install them?
oh by the way, extremely awesome setup. You have expanded my horizon.

ExecutiveLawns
12-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Im really not charging them a storage fee, the boxes were added into the first year invoice and we have the extra room for them right now but down the road i might add like a minimal $25 charge for storage and handling.

Green Finger
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Nice set up. Good example of a LCO. Keep up the good work.

starting out did you finance everything. or did you do a mix. Somethings paid off somethings financed.

question? Did you start out financing?

sorry for going around the bend

Kennedy Landscaping
12-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Man you got it goin on. Do you plan to do any bedliners in those trucks though?

ExecutiveLawns
12-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Nice set up. Good example of a LCO. Keep up the good work.

starting out did you finance everything. or did you do a mix. Somethings paid off somethings financed.

question? Did you start out financing?

sorry for going around the bend

I started out mowing in high school and got a couple mowers financed and paid them off in the following year then mowed for a couple years full time out of high school found out its really tough at a young age to compete with the big boys so i gave away my accounts and keep the equipment and joined the Marine Corps, i was in for 4 years learned alot and saved some money with 2 tours to Iraq got out and started my business back up and paid somethings in full and the others are financed.

So for your answer id say half and half

ExecutiveLawns
12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Man you got it goin on. Do you plan to do any bedliners in those trucks though?

No bedliners until i decide to sell them off for new in a few years that way we can cover up any scratches or stains. Also to New Line X bedliner might be a selling perk.

nnj18
12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Looks GREAT MAN!! Love to be there in a few years! And you're 100% correct, it is VERY hard when you're young with very little credit. I try not to think of what I could be doing if I could get a large loan.....:hammerhead:

to the guy above me, I had a 52/21 ferris and LOVED it, but dealer support here was non-existant.

Supper Grassy
12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Sweet shop.
i like how everything is organized

stuntmanlogan
12-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey executive do you have any updated photos of that shop.

ExecutiveLawns
12-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey executive do you have any updated photos of that shop.

Yea Ill try to get some today

stuntmanlogan
12-07-2008, 12:52 AM
K sounds good

ExecutiveLawns
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Here are a few new pics the place is kind of messy right now have been busy with snow but here are a few pics for you guys. The mowers are going to be gone this week sometime when we get a chance to put them in a warehouse we lease space from and hopefully the same with the leaf trailer.

Well here they are let me know what you think.

Right now its REALLY cramped in there.

stuntmanlogan
12-07-2008, 08:42 PM
May i say once again very nice setup

deere615
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
It is cramped, But you have alot of nice stuff.

TXNSLighting
12-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I dont remember, either of those dmaxs?

stuntmanlogan
12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Well also are you ready for the big storm were suppose to have comming tomorrow.

Green Finger
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
May i say once again very nice setup

I second that one.:canadaflag:

americanlawn
12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Very nice! VERY NICE!! Congrats on a very fine operation. I'm sure it didn't come easy -- LOTS of hard work. If you see us, wave -- we'll do the same. Your neighbor in Saylor Township, American Lawn. :waving:

kreft
12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
any pic's of the 1500 crew?

JRSlawn
12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Is that a liquid ice melt setup in the back of your chevy? Can you post some more pics of it I have almost the same truck and I am building almost the same setup. What kind of results have you had with the liquids?

ExecutiveLawns
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys,

My trucks are all gas.

JRSLawn,
Yes that is a Liquid de-icer set up in that truck here are a couple other pics of it and if you would like more detailed with the pump and plumbing let me know and i could get some for you.

JRSlawn
12-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah if you could get me some pics I am building another one. Let me know

JosephLawnCare
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Nice trucks. I like the dark windows. What is on top of the lx665. Is that a bucket for a dingo?

kreft
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I think it is a cover for the heater/ air conditioner?

ExecutiveLawns
12-15-2008, 10:00 PM
I think it is a cover for the heater/ air conditioner?

Yea your right, its the cover to the cab heater. The heater core went out on us during the last snow and i had to replace it.

Good eye

kreft
12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you,.