PDA

View Full Version : how to sell one account?

me.
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
i dont know if this is in the right section or not, but here goes.

i have this one customer in my neighborhood that isnt the best, she is a liabilty issue. (she is elderly) and she always walks up my driveway..and im afraid she might sue me for wrongful something on her yard..(dont have insurance this year)..and im wondering how i go about selling her to another lawn guy.

do i just say, give me $$..and he has to figure out what to charge her, and contact her himself..and WHAT IF she doesnt like the terms, is that my fault? or just move on?! and that guy doesnt get the lawn and i get his $?

thanks for the help

MileHigh
09-01-2008, 11:32 PM
keep the account....

GET INSURED LOWBALLER!!

MowHouston
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
i dont know if this is in the right section or not, but here goes.

i have this one customer in my neighborhood that isnt the best, she is a liabilty issue. (she is elderly) and she always walks up my driveway..and im afraid she might sue me for wrongful something on her yard..(dont have insurance this year)..and im wondering how i go about selling her to another lawn guy.

do i just say, give me $$..and he has to figure out what to charge her, and contact her himself..and WHAT IF she doesnt like the terms, is that my fault? or just move on?! and that guy doesnt get the lawn and i get his $?

thanks for the help

I honestly don't think you are going to be able to sell that account.

1. It is only one account. This type of stuff is usually done with multiple accounts.
2. I would think it a little odd that you are selling me an account that is in your own neighborhood. I'd be suspicious in the first place.

I say just walk away from it if she is thast bad.

I really dont see what the problem is as far as her being a liability. Any customer could say you did something wrong with their yard. You dont have insurance, you are the liability. You could stick a rock into anyone's car/window/kid.

If you really just dont like the customer, tell her nicely that you cannot service her any longer. You could even write up a formal letter and just give that to her.

Grits
09-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Get insurance.
Just drop her if you don't want to service her anymore.