PDA

View Full Version : Im getting a new enclosed...

Lamonicaslawnservice
09-02-2008, 09:59 AM
trailer tonight. Its only a 12 by 6 v nose but its a start. Do you guys buy trimmer and backpack blower racks or just buy stuff from a hardware store to hang up equipment? Any help on this would be great. Any pictures would be great too. I just want it to be organized with everything. thanks

lone wolf
09-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I have a 6'x12' also. I have the HPV and a 55 gallon barrel in the front.
I have a 21" behing the barrel. And the ZTR behind the 21". Back pack blower
on the left side wall. And I have the trimmer and stick edger hung on the roof
with heavy duty hooks on the right side above the ZTR. I built a 3'x5'x3' steel toolbox that I mounted on the tonque. It works excellent. If you have questions, let me know

GreenAcresLC
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Here is a pic from the inside of my 6x12 v-nose. I plan on changing around a few things as the season comes to an end: rebuild trimmer racks, spare tire rack, fuel can securement, paint, etc... Since this pic was taken, I built a rack in the drivers side rear to hold shovels, rakes, etc. Inside the nose are 2 shelves, top is for gas cans (currently), bottom is for blowers and extra parts/pieces. Along the drivers side top is a shelf mounted with 12" angle brackets secured to the steel studs and bolted to the roof. this shelf houses extra oil/parts, hedge trimmer, chain saw, shears, loppers, wrench set, socket set, battery powered impact. Right side is home of the trimmer racks. In front is 36" exmark WB on left, 21" on right, both tucked underneath the bottom shelf of the front. In the back is my 52" ZTR, backed in to help move the weight toward the front of the axle. Backing in helped with weight distribution, and was easier to get on/off mower. Hope this helps. Oh, inside the side door is my fire extinguisher and first aid kit, both good things to keep on the trailer.

Lamonicaslawnservice
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
that looks good. Thanks for the pic. I brought it home tonight so im going to start organizing and hanging stuff up tomorrow. I love it tho. I will get a pic of it tomorrow and post it on lawnsite. anyone else have any pictures of the inside of their trailers?

jimithing31
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I too just got a 6x12 V-nose. I made my own trimmer/edger/hedger and blower hangers. Used hooks and 2x4's to reinforce them to the wall. I will post pics tomorrow. I am going to build a few shelves into the nose this weekend and some setup for rakes, shovels etc.

I like the setup in the pic.

jimithing31
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
GreenAcres do you have any other pics of the inside?

GreenAcresLC
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I've gotta unload some of the equipment later today to service, I'll take some better, closer pics then.

jimithing31
09-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Here are some pics of the setup so far. I am building some shelves in this weekend and other odds and ends.

I got the hooks at Home Depot. Works pretty well and cost me $22.00 total

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Looks good,boy your grass is green lots of rain.lol

Frontier-Lawn
09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
don't forget getting some bungee cords to keep the stuff on the hooks. 1 good bump in the road and your equipment goes flying around.

N.H.BOY
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
don't forget getting some bungee cords to keep the stuff on the hooks. 1 good bump in the road and your equipment goes flying around.

Yes that is what I was going to say also, they will slid back and fourth as well. Ive used huge spring loaded claps to go around the shaft and onto the hooks.

GreenAcresLC
09-03-2008, 09:37 PM
GreenAcres do you have any other pics of the inside?

Here ya go. The overall pic doesn't differ much from the other one. The next one shows the box and the tool rack. Next is a close-up of the front shelves. - The doors are 1x6, hinged with a sliding lock on either end, drilled hole in side wall for the lock to slide into. Next is pic of modified open trailer trimmer racks...this is probably gonna be changed a bit this winter...The bottom is an air pump, slid out to work as a towel rack...If i need the pump, unscrew handle, slide off towels, go to work. Last is the pic of side box, built just big enough to fit my MS270 saw in and barely shut. Also in the box is hedge trimmer, extra oil, belts, tools, etc. Hanging from the back of the box is discharge chute for Exmark WB, extra saw chains, and a whisk broom for my grass covered legs. Oh, and the blue stuff hanging from the trimmer rack is my rain gear, pants and jacket...haven't needed them for ages here in KY, but I keep them there just hoping.......

Seems like I've got tons of stuff packed into this little trailer. Lots can fit if organized properly.

Oh, by the way, does your trailer have brakes? Mine did not when I got it, and I quickly wished it did. For about $400, I installed brakes, a breakaway kit, and controller in my truck. Well worth it, since this 3500 lb rated trailer is pushing about 3750 now fully loaded. Just my .02

JW - Green Acres Lawn Service, LLC.
Owensboro, KY

GreenAcresLC
09-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh yeah, forgot one.:cool2:

BUBBA ARMY!!

Juvenile, I know.

jimithing31
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Yes that is what I was going to say also, they will slid back and fourth as well. Ive used huge spring loaded claps to go around the shaft and onto the hooks.

They seem to be very stable on the racks. My mower slid forward today during a hard braking, I had the brake on and the hydros restrict tire movement as well. The trimmer and edger did not budge. And it would take a SERIOUS bounce to get them off the hooks. They are pretty high and curve in.

We'll see:drinkup:

jimithing31
09-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah, forgot one.:cool2:

BUBBA ARMY!!

Juvenile, I know.

OH SHITE, FTE!!!!! What's in your Rattler bag??:) Man I've been listening to Bubba since 1994 when he was on Power Pig in Tampa!!! I've got Sirius Stileto with the headphones on all day while I'm working.

shade tree landscaping
09-04-2008, 12:02 AM
bubba army!!!!!