PDA

View Full Version : Quick Price Check

GravelyGuy
09-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Just curious what would guys would charge to cut this small tree down and remove the stump and mulch ring in prepartion for grass? It's only as tall as the pic. Maybe 30-35 feet?

This is a full service customer that relies on me for everything.

dura to the max
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
150 if i could fit it all on one trailer, then have a tree man do the stump. let him charge w/e and add that to the bill.

ericmcj31
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
three hundred bucks or so--you're gonna have to haul it off and stuff I assume?? and add whatever stump grinder guy costs ya! Just remember that you're gonna have a CRAP load of mulch when the grinder is finished!

GravelyGuy
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I have to haul it off and it will fit on the trailer in one load. I would have about $85 into it with grinder rental and dump fee.

Without really thinking, I was going to say 300-325. It's really not going to be to bad at all.

mikewhit1010
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
650 to take it down. Haul it off and clean up the mess around it and organize someone coming over to stump grind.

LB1234
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Doubt you will fit that on one trailer unless you have a machine to mash it down. You have I'd say a half days worth of work for cutting it down, placing everything in trailer and hauling it away. That's 400 right there...Stump grinding that is gonna run about 175-200. Then to cleanup the mulch bed and the like is gonna run a another few hundred.

GravelyGuy
09-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Doubt you will fit that on one trailer unless you have a machine to mash it down. You have I'd say a half days worth of work for cutting it down, placing everything in trailer and hauling it away. That's 400 right there...Stump grinding that is gonna run about 175-200. Then to cleanup the mulch bed and the like is gonna run a another few hundred.

What? I'll have this cut down and into sections big enough to fit on my trailer in less than an hour. I can have it hauled to the dump and have the stump ground out in four hours or less.

I don't want to come off as a know it all because I know I asked the question, but this I know.

I think the pics make it look bigger. Either way I'll gross 8-10k off of this customer this year so it doesn't hurt for me to give them a deal.

I priced it at $325 and this does not include the reseeding of the area.

Ric3077
09-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I'd be around $600 or so all said and done...tree work is expensive...do not do it for cheap

LB1234
09-06-2008, 01:49 PM
What? I'll have this cut down and into sections big enough to fit on my trailer in less than an hour. I can have it hauled to the dump and have the stump ground out in four hours or less.

I don't want to come off as a know it all because I know I asked the question, but this I know.

I think the pics make it look bigger. Either way I'll gross 8-10k off of this customer this year so it doesn't hurt for me to give them a deal.

I priced it at $325 and this does not include the reseeding of the area.

You asked what would everyone else charged and I answered.:confused:

I'm not an arborist nor a "tree guy" by trade. We do take down small trees...as the one you have. I run 80 per hour for chainsaw work. At three hours thats 240 bucks in labor. Remove ALL that tree you are looking at at least two hours in travel time and unload time. I charge 40 per hour for general labor. Now its at 320 in just labor. I'll say somewhere between 50 and 75 at our tree cycle place for a trailer load. Therefore I'll stand behind my number of 400 JUST for the tree removal.

Sorry but I can't see how at $325 you can get the tree down, removed, and stump ground down and come away with a legit profit. I don't know you expenses or your overhead but it seems awfully low. If you tell me 325 for the tree removal, yes I could see that.

Not trying to come off as a know it all either, but what are your overall expenses on this job? Distance of travel, fuel, dump fees, equipment rentals, etc.?

I know what you are thinking as far as a good customer and spend a lot of money. I believe in giving a slightly better deal to good customers, but you still are in the business to make money.:waving:

Tyler7692
09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I could easily net 250 in 4 hours at his price.... (of course, I'd actually have to see it to be sure) I've done this a million times.... that tree could be down and hauled away in 1.5 hours easy.

LawnVet
09-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I could easily net 250 in 4 hours at his price.... (of course, I'd actually have to see it to be sure) I've done this a million times.... that tree could be down and hauled away in 1.5 hours easy.

Agreed! Also helps to have your own dumpsite. We do a job like this every month or so - $325 is a good price if you ask me.

Michael J. Donovan
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I saw this thread and thought you might be interested in continuing your discussion over on our new forum - www.treeservicessite.com

GravelyGuy
09-19-2008, 10:58 PM
I just got around to finishing this job the other day. It took me about 45 minutes to cut the tree down and into sections + 15 minutes to load on the trailer.

I picked up the grinder on the way back from the dump to take out the stump. It ended up taking me a little longer than expected to get the stump out because it kept getting clogged with mud from all the rain.

The whole job including reseeding (billed separately) took about 5 hours all drive time included.

kayakn
09-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I got a big pine tree taken down in my lawn and stump ground and tree removed for around $700.

LB1234
09-20-2008, 08:44 PM
I just got around to finishing this job the other day. It took me about 45 minutes to cut the tree down and into sections + 15 minutes to load on the trailer.

I picked up the grinder on the way back from the dump to take out the stump. It ended up taking me a little longer than expected to get the stump out because it kept getting clogged with mud from all the rain.

The whole job including reseeding (billed separately) took about 5 hours all drive time included.

so what did you wind up billing them less the seeding?

Kglenn04
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
how bout pricing on bush jobs whats a good way to handel that??

georgiagrass
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
I agree with your $325 for the labor. I would have priced it at that plus the dump fee and stump grinding, which I would have subbed out.