PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat s250 and s205

mrsops
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Does anyone own a bobcat s250 with inverted rims to get it down to 68'' wide? My local dealer is having a big sale on 2008 s250 and I'm thinking about trading in or selling my older s205 to purchase one of these its almost to good to pass up.. Question is they look like they would rub being inverted on a s250 im hearing mix reviews on this. Advice needed on this one i need the machine to be as small as possible

bobcat_ron
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
You know.....a Cat 262C is already 66" across the wheels, no modifications needed.

Just tossing that out there...............

mrsops
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
You know.....a Cat 262C is already 66" across the wheels, no modifications needed.

Just tossing that out there...............

yeah i know that ron thanks anyhow.. but a 262 aint gonna go for 28,500 :)

bobcat_ron
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Well not yet..........give them time. :laugh:

mrsops
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Well not yet..........give them time. :laugh:

ron let me ask you a few questions i know you know alot about this stuff because you are limited to the machine being a certain size as well...

i have an s205 66'' wide if i buy this s250 i can make it 68'' wide 2'' aint a big deal at all because i already have my other s205 set at 60'' wide... ron 2005 bobcat s205 with 1400 hrs gold package i can get 19,500 you think thats a good number? Then i can purchase the s250 for 28,500. you know whats getting me thou it may be tuff still grading in tough spots with the s250 even with the inverted rims.

bobcat_ron
09-03-2008, 09:33 AM
ron let me ask you a few questions i know you know alot about this stuff because you are limited to the machine being a certain size as well...

i have an s205 66'' wide if i buy this s250 i can make it 68'' wide 2'' aint a big deal at all because i already have my other s205 set at 60'' wide... ron 2005 bobcat s205 with 1400 hrs gold package i can get 19,500 you think thats a good number? Then i can purchase the s250 for 28,500. you know whats getting me thou it may be tuff still grading in tough spots with the s250 even with the inverted rims.

There aren't any S250's here that use inverted rims, just because you would really have a bull in a china shop. That's one nice thing about the Cat C Series, their frames are narrower than Bobcat and that gives them an edge.

But oh no, now KSSS is going to chime in and tell us both to look at the simply amazing power tan Series 3, their frames are narrower too, so they can be used just as well as any other color can. :laugh:

Honestly, I'd keep the smaller frames for the tight jobs, an S250 has an enormous ass on it and that's going to require some serious turning radius, who knows, it might even cost more money in the long run if one of your employees nails something hard enough with it just due to it's size.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
size matters? more lube i guess or is that cash?

ksss
09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
There aren't any S250's here that use inverted rims, just because you would really have a bull in a china shop. That's one nice thing about the Cat C Series, their frames are narrower than Bobcat and that gives them an edge.

But oh no, now KSSS is going to chime in and tell us both to look at the simply amazing power tan Series 3, their frames are narrower too, so they can be used just as well as any other color can. :laugh:

Honestly, I'd keep the smaller frames for the tight jobs, an S250 has an enormous ass on it and that's going to require some serious turning radius, who knows, it might even cost more money in the long run if one of your employees nails something hard enough with it just due to it's size.

Right on cue: I have the rims on my 440 flipped. It keeps my wheel width at 66". Flip them out and it goes to 72". A couple inches less makes a big difference, just as BCrons girlfriend.:cool2:

mrsops
09-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Right on cue: I have the rims on my 440 flipped. It keeps my wheel width at 66". Flip them out and it goes to 72". A couple inches less makes a big difference, just as BCrons girlfriend.:cool2:

couple inches makes a huge difference i feel the same way that's why I'm always inverting the rims on my machines

Gravel Rat
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
You guys do know that puts more load in wheel bearings and wheel assemblies that were never designed for that load.

Another question why are you guys working in conditions where your only playing with inches of space to work with. If the job requires a smaller machine use a smaller machine. The homeowner is paying for it so if it takes longer with a smaller machine so beit.

ksss
09-03-2008, 10:13 PM
You guys do know that puts more load in wheel bearings and wheel assemblies that were never designed for that load.

Another question why are you guys working in conditions where your only playing with inches of space to work with. If the job requires a smaller machine use a smaller machine. The homeowner is paying for it so if it takes longer with a smaller machine so beit.

This post is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin. So I wont.:walking: