PDA

View Full Version : trying to get out there for myself

greenviewlandscaper
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
so I got a little advice from my boss at the company I work at and he told me to charge a rate of 35.00 a man hour cause im just starting out, not at yard care but on my own do any of you guys think I should charge more or less? another question another guy told me to add a material fee along with the bid and another told me just to charge the hourly flat rate what do you guys think? what I would like to do is to just charge what was applied on the yard pesticides, fert, ect.

nobagger
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Dude I have absolutly no idea what the hell you just said :dizzy:

greenviewlandscaper
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I need help bidding a yard have any advice?

MileHigh
09-02-2008, 11:49 PM
oK Lets see if I got this right.

You need help bidding on a job that you told us nothing about.

And your obviously applying fert without a PESTICIDE APPLICATORS LICENSE.

Always charge extra for materials...are you joking?...If you dont want to have them see that your charging them for the materials(which is rediculous) you just tack it on to your hourly price.

$35 per man hour sounds way to low for landscaping in california. (I assume it's a landscape job since you have to purchase materials) In Colorado guys get at least $60 per man hour. I'm sure it's more in California.

I don't like charging per hour...just gives me incentive to work to damn slow. I charge by the job...sometimes you make out like a bandit in no time, and other times you learn how not to bid!

TCS Landscaping
09-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Wow. How much is the job costing you to do? Have you even figured it out yet?