PDA

View Full Version : Ride on CAT kids truck

Hollowellreid
09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Made this from scratch for a co-workers son

Probably perfect in size for a 7-8 year old or so. I can just barely fit in it at 5'10". Not very comfortable.

24 volt electric drive system, power Up/Down bed and Power Up/Down plow with manual angle. Runs about 2 hours on a charge and is fairly strong, can push and level little piles of dirt and stone. The bed will dump a heaped load of gravel, got lucky on that one. Total "CAT" theme as you can tell.

All lights, tail lights, flasher, etc work. Took me a while to do, but it was always what I wished I had as a kid!

Pictures are before I finished the seat upholstery and such, but you get the idea... Sorry for the phone pictures...

bobcat_ron
09-02-2008, 10:06 PM
That's sooooooo cute, I'll bet it's going to be a blast in the winter!

CAT powered
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Looks like Jr. is going to be plowing the driveway this winter. Or at least the sidewalk.

Junior M
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
ok so when are you sending mine over? I need something to drive to school!! haha that thing is pretty awesome!

Scag48
09-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Right on, that's just what Jr. needs. Welcome to the big leagues and running REAL iron. It says Cat on it, it'll definately outwork that Bobcrap 331 you keep renting. Haha

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Right on, that's just what Jr. needs. Welcome to the big leagues and running REAL iron. It says Cat on it, it'll definately outwork that Bobcrap 331 you keep renting. Haha
for one we dont get snow in SC!!:p and when I get mine I am goin to have to hide it in the garage until I get it painted white and orange and put some bobcat decals on it!!

Oh and scag we dont rent a 331.. we have no use for that little toy we need a big mini excavator we rent a 335!!:weightlifter: (btw if you ever forget what we rent or own look at my name its Jlm335 deeduhdee I bet you never got the connection between the two!)

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:03 PM
331, 335, same thing. Both are under 10,000 pounds so I couldn't care less. :drinkup:

mrsops
09-02-2008, 11:04 PM

bobcrap lol another member of the tag along crew mean while this guy was telling people a year ago bobcat made an excellent machine lol

mrsops
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
331, 335, same thing. Both are under 10,000 pounds so I couldn't care less. :drinkup:

its gotta be over 10,000 for you to consider it real iron?

CAT powered
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh yea. You know... Your Bobcat mini. It's a REAL machine.:rolleyes:

Call me when you learn real controls and run a 40k+ pound excavator.

Next purchase on my list!

*DRUMROLL*

A CAT 330!

That's about 7x your little Bobcrap.

CAT 330: 73k pounds
Bobcrap: 10k?

mrsops
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Oh yea. You know... Your Bobcat mini. It's a REAL machine.:rolleyes:

Call me when you learn real controls and run a 40k+ pound excavator.

*DRUMROLL*

A CAT 330!

That's about 7x your little Bobcrap.

CAT 330: 73k pounds
Bobcrap: 10k?

i know real controls big guy thats if your talking to me i own a cat 305c cr i use it on cat or bobcat controls

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:13 PM

*DRUMROLL*

A CAT 330!

I can't remember if you mentioned this or not, but do you have a lowboy already? You going for a new 330D?

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
hey I tried to run a 320 cat once but they through me off of it cause i was freakn useless.. but i think that was more the machine anyway! darn cat never seems to get nothing done! :laugh: oh yeah and scag the 335's dry wieght is 9170 and that is straight from bobcat.com.. so it is pretty darn close to a 10,000 pounds.. and no the 331 and 335 arent the same thing.. the 335 has more reach and power, break out force, basically it is a whole lot bigger machine!

and mrsops he is talking to me because i cant run cat controls..

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:19 PM
hey I tried to run a 320 cat once but they through me off of it cause i was freakn useless.. but i think that was more the machine anyway! darn cat never seems to get nothing done! :laugh: oh yeah and scag the 335's dry wieght is 9170 and that is straight from bobcat.com.. so it is pretty darn close to a 10,000 pounds.. and no the 331 and 335 arent the same thing.. the 335 has more reach and power, break out force, basically it is a whole lot bigger machine!

and mrsops he is talking to me because i cant run cat controls..

You know what's hilarious? I lifted 3 ecology blocks with a triple choker, stretched over the side and down a slope that weighed more than that baby excavator. :laugh:

The reason you couldn't run that 320 was becuase it was just too productive for you. You got so much done it made your head spin.

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
ahh scag so what!! :laugh: I love my machine! it works and plus it is a BOBCAT!! haha

and I doubt I was productive.. I couldnt even freakn get the boom out! darn kitty controls! :laugh: but I am goin to learn soon and when i do you better watch out cause i am goin to hit stuff and dig to deep and not get anything done!! :laugh:

CAT powered
09-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I already own a lowbed, but a newer heavier lowbed is next after the CAT. Currently I have a 99 Eager Beaver 35 ton NGB. I'm looking for like a 50 ton Rogers. 04 or 05 probably.

I'm looking at like an 01 or an 02 with under 7 or 8k hours for under 100k. I found one at Milton CAT who is only a state away.

And I was talking to little JLM over there not you mrsops.

A CAT 330 usually has a 1.75 yard bucket on it. That's more dirt than you can move in an hour with that Bobcrap of yours, JLM.

mrsops
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I already own a lowbed, but a newer heavier lowbed is next after the CAT. Currently I have a 99 Eager Beaver 35 ton NGB. I'm looking for like a 50 ton Rogers. 04 or 05 probably.

I'm looking at like an 01 or an 02 with under 7 or 8k hours for under 100k. I found one at Milton CAT who is only a state away.

A CAT 330 usually has a 1.75 yard bucket on it. That's more dirt than you can move in an hour with that Bobcrap of yours, JLM.

hey cat you must be staying busy over there in ct?

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
One of these days, when you learn real excavator controls, you'll get a chance to run a real excavator and won't look back. Ah to be young and ignorant again. I'd be a liar if I said Cat built the best excavator out there, I know they don't, but they are good hoes. I've run a lot of hoes, at least 45 different Cat excavators ranging in size from 3 tons up to 30. Run Komatsu, Kobelco, Hitachi, Deere, Yanmar run damn near everything except Volvo. After all that, I still think Cat makes a good hoe, even though I have other favorites. Bobcat, on the other hand, fails to deliver in my book, I just don't like them whatsoever.

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:33 PM

hey I aint little!!! and It depends on what bucket I have on the 335 at the time depending on how much dirt I can move!

this is goin to be a dumb question but how many yards or what part of a yard would a regular 3 foot bucket move.. It is just a standard cheap bucket that you get from bobcat or cat...

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:33 PM

Nice, Rogers builds a nice trailer. 330CL's are pretty solid machines, I haven't heard a whole lot of negative press with them. They're fairly productive when compared to other brands and last just as long, I see a lot of 330's out here with 9-12K hours on them.

CAT powered
09-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I've got more work than I can do.

Right now I've got a guy running a TD25G Dresser dozer which is the equivalent of a D8 CAT full time. Somewhere around 40 hours a week. Give or take 5 hours depending on what's goin on.

Then I've got a guy making at least 1 walking floor trip per day of old pallet wood. Then I've got a lot of other stick wood laying around. The CAT would get used with a wood shear and a grapple for feeding a tub grinder which I also have to get still.

I'm making money on both ends of the wood deal so it's a good deal for me. And another plus is the wood is going to a huge client of mine that I've been doing work with for 13 years or so.

mrsops
09-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I've got more work than I can do.

Right now I've got a guy running a TD25G Dresser dozer which is the equivalent of a D8 CAT full time. Somewhere around 40 hours a week. Give or take 5 hours depending on what's goin on.

Then I've got a guy making at least 1 walking floor trip per day of old pallet wood. Then I've got a lot of other stick wood laying around. The CAT would get used with a wood shear and a grapple for feeding a tub grinder which I also have to get still.

I'm making money on both ends of the wood deal so it's a good deal for me. And another plus is the wood is going to a huge client of mine that I've been doing work with for 13 years or so.

good for you man

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:36 PM
scag we posted at the exact same time!! that is the second time that has happened to me!! personally I just like bobcat more it is just my opinion.. and for large excavators and dozers and backhoes you cant beat cat but I just dont like there compact equipment.. just my opinion...

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
this is goin to be a dumb question but how many yards or what part of a yard would a regular 3 foot bucket move.. It is just a standard cheap bucket that you get from bobcat or cat...

Not much, maybe 0.10 of a yard at best.

How can you not like Cat compact equipment? You've never run any...

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:38 PM
holy crap look at the times of the posts my last one is at 11:36 and from there it goes one by one down to mine and scags post at 11:33.. that is just freakn creepy!!!

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Not much, maybe 0.10 of a yard at best.

How can you not like Cat compact equipment? You've never run any...

oh i was just wondering.. and I have ran cat mini excavators and I just didnt like it.. and I personally am not sold on the whole undercarriage thing on the cats.. it has its advantages until you hit 1500 hours.. but I would like to run one.. (i am not goin to diss there power or break force and stuff like that because of never running one I am goin off what I have seen with them)

crap I forgot about there new line of ctl's... ok I am going to shut up now.. but they do look pretty heavy built.. that is one cat I wouldnt mind running..

Hollowellreid
09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
does CAT cool beer better than bobcat?

CAT powered
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Yea. I've only had this current business going for 2 or 3 years now.

I had a business going for 28 years or so with my twin brother. Unfortunately we couldn't see eye to eye on a few issues and he crapped his pants over everything and took all the equipment and I took the land.

Right now I've got a fair bit of stuff.

2 Dresser TD25G dozers (D8 CAT equivalent)
1 Dresser TD7H dozer (D3 or 4 CAT equivalent)
1 Deere 490E excavator
1 Dresser 530 loader (3 yard bucket)
2 Ford roadside mowing tractors 1 with an over the rail one with a mid mount flail
1 Ford 2120 with loader frame and bush hog
1 McCloskey 512R screen
1 CAT 236B skidsteer
1 JLG manlift w/60 feet of reach
1 1990 Mack CH613 truck tractor
1 1999 Eager Beaver 35 ton RGN lowbed
1 198? tandem axle dump trailer w/tarp
5 assorted walking floor trailers with 100 yard capacity
1 1992 Peterbilt triaxle rolloff w/tarp
1 1987 Mack DM triaxle dump w/tarp that I bought new in 87 then the company sold in like 91 or so and I bought it back this year
1 198? International triaxle dump w/ oversided body, tarp
1 2006 F350 w/ 6.0L diesel, service body, dual rears
1 1985 GMC dual rear wheel w/mason dump
1 1948 Farmall M that is my baby

Not too bad for 2 or 3 years in business huh?

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:53 PM
that is awesome!! I would own it if it had like a 320D or maybe d6 with a dozer painted on the side..

CAT powered
09-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Yea. It's old iron, but it still gets the job done.

RockSet N' Grade
09-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Cat Powered......you have peaked my interest with the '48 Farmall M........would love to see a shot of that

ksss
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM
that is awesome!! I would own it if it had like a 320D or maybe d6 with a dozer painted on the side..

Jr. when you get to school tomorrow (on the short bus), I want to report to the nurses aid station or whatever you have in SC. I want you to tell the nurse you have Attention Deficeit Hyper Disorder. Tell her you need 300 mg of Paxil, IV feed into your skinny little arm 3 times daily. You remind me of the squirrel in "Over the Hedge".:clapping:

RockSet N' Grade
09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Wish I had Juniors energy and wish I was more naive........all I am becoming is older and more cynical......maybe I should try the Paxil? Does that go good with beer?

Junior M
09-03-2008, 07:03 AM
ok.. I am not sure what to say... ksss you used way to many big words that I dont happen to have in my vocabulary...

deere615
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
That is sick! I wished I had that as a kid too. I could have been plowing snow at 6 years old! You did a great job building it!

dozerman21
09-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Jr. when you get to school tomorrow (on the short bus), I want to report to the nurses aid station or whatever you have in SC. I want you to tell the nurse you have Attention Deficeit Hyper Disorder. Tell her you need 300 mg of Paxil, IV feed into your skinny little arm 3 times daily. You remind me of the squirrel in "Over the Hedge".:clapping:

:laugh:Haven't seen "Over The Hedge", but maybe the squirrel in the "Ice Age" movies is what you meant? Funny little dude...

ksss
09-03-2008, 11:43 PM
:laugh:Haven't seen "Over The Hedge", but maybe the squirrel in the "Ice Age" movies is what you meant? Funny little dude...

Yea it is like the squirrel in Ice Age, but you have to see Over the Hedge. It has Jr. written all over it.

Junior M
09-05-2008, 07:15 AM
:laugh: yeah I dont think so ksss.. that movie is funny though..

AWJ Services
09-05-2008, 07:56 AM
ksss you used way to many big words that I dont happen to have in my vocabulary...

Boy that education thing just keeps coming back and smacking you in the face doesn't it.:)

Lazer_Z
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Boy that education thing just keeps coming back and smacking you in the face doesn't it.:) :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Junior M
09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Boy that education thing just keeps coming back and smacking you in the face doesn't it.:)
It does every freakn time!! darn lower education high school;)