PDA

View Full Version : contracts

ProCut_48
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
I was just wondering if any one did this and if soo how important and a sample of what one should look like and inculed.

Flatop
09-03-2008, 01:55 AM
I use contracts, makes my business more credible. Met a few that were not interested in a contract but yet I get phone calls to cut there lawns occasionally. I give them the pitch that with a contract, I can offer discounts but still some hate the idea of signing a contract that binds them to pay X amount of $$ per month.

Roger
09-03-2008, 06:55 AM
.... but still some hate the idea of signing a contract that binds them to pay X amount of $$ per month.

Or, as a contractor, hating the idea of having signed a contract with somebody you don't want as a customer, and want to drop them -- but, you signed the contract to do the work.

Blunt
09-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I only sign contracts if I can pay upfront and the company is well known to me. Since I don't want to end up in court for lack of service after I fork over a yr. or 3 worth of payments. I love paying in cash its just so green :) or at least it used to be :(

shade tree landscaping
09-03-2008, 09:08 AM
just have a clause in your contract that either party can cancel the contract for any reason with 2 weeks written notice. Thats what I did and people love that, because then they are not bound to the contract, neither am I. And by the way, have never had a customer cancel it just gives them peace of mind. Also word it as a SEASONAL AGREEMENT, not a contract, this way it doesnt sound so bad to a home owner.

Roger
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
just have a clause in your contract that either party can cancel the contract for any reason with 2 weeks written notice. Thats what I did and people love that, because then they are not bound to the contract, neither am I. ...

Why bother if nobody feels bound to anything?

ALC-GregH
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Why bother if nobody feels bound to anything?

this is a great question. My best guess would be that either party will cancel service in a professional manner by signing the contract.

I would like to eventually have all my accounts signed up to a 12 month plan and offer a variety of maintenance programs at different levels to accommodate anyones budget.

I have a customer right now that told me to come by next week and she'll pay me. I told her that this was the 4th cut and she said it was the 3rd and that after she pays next week for the "3" cuts to not come back! I never had the chance to say much since her whole family was sitting in the living room and she told her sister to close the door so she shut the door on me. I called her last Wednesday and told her due to the weather I wouldn't be there. I normally cut on Thursday so I showed up today and cut it. After I was finished and knocked to collect is when she acted stupid. I wanted to dump her anyway. She pretty much set me up. I hope she doesn't pay, I'll pin it on her house. She probably won't be living there long since I saw a tax issue posted on her front door from the IRS.