PDA

View Full Version : Random Iron shots

Hollowellreid
09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Dad owns a High end Design/build Landscape Company.

Some random shots from this season.

The shots in the field are at our rental properties (Side business, but what really pays the bills)

305ccr is a rental...had 3 hours on it when i picked it up, very nice.

TK 016 finally got a coupler and some real buckets. So nice.

mrsops
09-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Dad owns a High end Design/build Landscape Company.

Some random shots from this season.

The shots in the field are at our rental properties (Side business, but what really pays the bills)

305ccr is a rental...had 3 hours on it when i picked it up, very nice.

TK 016 finally got a coupler and some real buckets. So nice.

nice pics... so you like the cat 305c cr??

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:26 PM
wow!! you guys have alot of equipment and a good mixture of brands to! do you guys do nothing but landscaping or do you do some light excavating every now and then?

I just went back and looked at the pics again what the crap is with the entrance on the tak? that thing is totally freakn bassackwards on the entrance!! :confused::eek::help:

Scag48
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I just went back and looked at the pics again what the crap is with the entrance on the tak? that thing is totally freakn bassackwards on the entrance!! :confused::eek::help:

Jr. you're just so green it's not even funny. Tak's smaller excavators have hydraulic disconnects on both sides allowing entry from either side. Kubota does it too on their KX-41's I believe. Nothing out of the ordinary. Unless the Tak in the picture is seriously messed up, which I doubt it is, that's perfectly normal.

What does look strange on that Tak is the fact that blade is much narrower than the tracks.

EDIT: Looks like it might be an adjustable gauge machine, I'm almost positive it is now that I look at it. Judging by the width of the tracks compared to the carbody, I'd say it is. Hard to see, but I'd put 10 bucks that the little wings for the blade are folded in. I think I can see the pins. See there Jr., you just learned something else.

Junior M
09-02-2008, 11:49 PM
thanks for the insult!!:laugh: I didnt know.. bobcat and cat's little excavators like that are like a normal one, I thought it was maybe a grey market machine.. I didnt know..

oh and scag your so green its not funny!! ::P: :laugh: from the angle of the pics it kind of looks like the tracks go in and out.. and the machine is small enough it might which therefore would make the blade only as wide as the narrow track setting. Bobcats little excavator's blade has sides that almost hinge.. I have never seen how making the blade wider actually works but the blade does get wider on the bobcat...

Hollowellreid
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
We do high end landscapes and hardscapes but really end up doing just about anything our clients can't find someone else to do.

jhollowell.com

He has in house carpenters, masons, etc.

The Cat 305 was rented as we had to install some engineered footings to a depth of 10' in a super tight space- no one else would do it. It was a very nice machine but I felt it was kind of unstable given the size- I would presume as a result of the zero tail swing. Little TAK seems more stable size for size.

Yup, the tracks go in and out on the excavator. Finally got around to putting a little thumb on it today, should work nicely.