PDA

View Full Version : Surface Washer attachments

SiteSolutions
09-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Who makes a good-un?

I have seen a 12" Nylon-body for around $200, and a 12" stainless for around $500...

First real PW job; I've got 16,000 sq ft to do and maybe a few jobs a year of a decent size down the road, especially if I don't screw this one up too bad.

So, what I really want to know is... Will the nylon unit hold up or will I regret it by the end of the first job?

FCPWLLC
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
What is the flow of your machine? Whisperwash makes great Surfacers.

The classic is a 19 inch good for 4-6gpm machines.

Check here..... http://www.pressuretek.com

SiteSolutions
09-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Right now I am running a 5hp, 2.5 gpm / 2600 psi machine.

If I get more business in this line I will consider moving up to a real industrial pressure washer, but 1200 bucks is a lot of loot right now so I need to make the most of what i have for the immediate future.

CCPC
09-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Right now I am running a 5hp, 2.5 gpm / 2600 psi machine.

If I get more business in this line I will consider moving up to a real industrial pressure washer, but 1200 bucks is a lot of loot right now so I need to make the most of what i have for the immediate future.

Your machine does not have sufficient GPM's to run a surface cleaner.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
09-05-2008, 09:42 PM
nope,you don't have enough pw to run a surface cleaner,upgrade to a big hot water machine and get a stainless steel surface cleaner they will out last you,get the whirl away......

SiteSolutions
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
upgrade to a big hot water machine and get a stainless steel surface cleaner

I'll PM you my address and you ship me one of each... I'll send money when I've got a few jobs done.

Seriously, tho, I am going to rent a whirl away for a couple days, because it is cheaper than buying anything. My big question was whether the cheap-o plastic surface washers would last for more than a few hundred sq ft. but I think I have decided to get a steel unit with casters, and if I make enough doing pressure washing, I would love to upgrade eventually.

btw, would anyone care to comment on the stuff sold by Northern Tool & Equipment? They have whole trailers with everything for like ten grand... which if i had ten grand, I wouldn't need to take on side jobs like pressure washing.:rolleyes:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
09-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Itz like this the bigger hot water machine will get the job done,i know you are trying start off with a small machine,itz not easy to drop a chunk of cash,but hot water and chems is what you will need,now back to the post i have seen small 12 inch surface cleaners,i don't no if you have enough machine,might try to rent one.......

CCPC
09-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I'll PM you my address and you ship me one of each... I'll send money when I've got a few jobs done.

Seriously, tho, I am going to rent a whirl away for a couple days, because it is cheaper than buying anything. My big question was whether the cheap-o plastic surface washers would last for more than a few hundred sq ft. but I think I have decided to get a steel unit with casters, and if I make enough doing pressure washing, I would love to upgrade eventually.

btw, would anyone care to comment on the stuff sold by Northern Tool & Equipment? They have whole trailers with everything for like ten grand... which if i had ten grand, I wouldn't need to take on side jobs like pressure washing.:rolleyes:

Your machine is not adequate for running a surface cleaner. :hammerhead:

SiteSolutions
09-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I appreciate all the replies.

I'll report back if any of you were right.

Grits
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
:laugh:I appreciate all the replies.

I'll report back if any of you were right.

:laugh: They are right. Your machine will not run a surface cleaner. IDK about a 12" though. But I cold probably go that fast with just a wand!

SiteSolutions
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
We got the job done, the little pump did run the 19" surface cleaner but I am sure it would have been a lot more productive with a big machine behind it.

Thanks for everyone's input.

tinman
10-19-2008, 11:42 PM
these guys have been good to me. Ships to me in GA from Florida.
http://store.spraymallstore.com/sucl.html

yard_smart
11-06-2008, 02:05 AM
THERE IS NO WAY IN H*LL YOU DID 16K SQ FT WITH A 19 INCH USING A 2.5 GPM MACHINE. . . thats like 1.25 gpm coming form each nozzle it would have taken you weeks

yard_smart
11-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh wait it did:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SiteSolutions
11-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Yeah, it took the better part of a week. How fast could a 4.5 gpm machine have done it? Maybe with a 30" surface cleaner?

That guy will have another job soon.

louisgeorges
12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
:laugh:

:laugh: They are right. Your machine will not run a surface cleaner. IDK about a 12" though. But I cold probably go that fast with just a wand!

Me too, I never use them.

To avoid cramps in my hand, I put a tennis ball in the handle, I can go all day.

yard_smart
12-05-2008, 12:56 AM
I can do 2k an hour easy . .. thats cleaning and then rinsing . . .

FCPWLLC
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Me too, I never use them.

To avoid cramps in my hand, I put a tennis ball in the handle, I can go all day.

Did you write that guide in your signature?

There is a whole lot of misinformation on that site.

yard_smart
12-05-2008, 05:21 PM
$65 an hour, PRESSURE WASHING A ROOF!, The best universal product for tough jobs is muriatic acid.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: What a joke :nono:

Russ Spence
12-07-2008, 11:55 PM

I have a 20 inch whirl a way I will sell you if you are intrested, it is a stainless model, We switched to all 28 Inch Whisper wash surfacers and I just have this stuck in the garage, I am in Prattville, Alabama so we are not that far apart. I will be glad to help you anytime as well with any info you need on power washing