PDA

View Full Version : Trying to put the pieces together

Hobson
09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm looking into starting up a lawn care business, but when it comes to equipment I am honestly clueless when it comes to brand names. I'm looking to see what everyone likes & doesn't like. I have no problems spending more for equipment if it's going last. What's good out there, and what should I keep on the truck?

Flatop
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
There are a lot of good name brands to be had but do not just go and buy one because of word of mouth. Try all the gear out then decide which one suits you the best. Also try doing a search on this board. You may/will find a lot of information on some of the equipment you are interested in. As far as what to keep in the truck, anything smalll that you do not want stolen out of the trailer, tools, maybe some spare parts if you do not have a back up equipement, trimmer lines, extra fuel/oil mixtures, saw, cutting tools, gloves, trash bags, etc.

punt66
09-03-2008, 05:23 PM
The best advice anybody can give you would be to visit your local dealers and find out which ones most helpful and buy there. try out the lines they sell to see how they fit you. All commercial equipment is good no matter what brand as long as you maintain and not abuse.