PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have one of these?

Dunn's
09-03-2008, 11:51 PM
http://www.tattletalealarm.com/

Just wondering how well they work.

newz7151
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Yes, and depends on your conditions and what all you want to protect. No alarm is really any good if you've got a fast thief that can be gone with the stuff before you can get out of bed with the Iron.

Dunn's
09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
how does it work. Does it call you or something along those lines.

This would be mainly to stop vandalism.

Not gonna be alot of problem with theft. Only one way in. and a few heavy gates to get through not to mention a two 180 pound snowballs.

unfortunately it is a big area and we still have vandalism out on other parts of the property where the snowballs can't get to and it would cost a small fortune to fence the entire property.

newz7151
09-04-2008, 02:16 AM
How far away are you needing to monitor things? It has a 2000' "clear sight" range. How you use it depends on WHERE you use it.

If you're going to use it at a remote location, then you would want to have the monitoring service and have the service call you or the police when an alarm is tripped.

If you are planning to use it to monitor locally, put the base unit in the house or somewhere and locate your sensors around the property. If you are using it as a stand alone unit, you don't have to subscribe to the monitoring. There are also outdoor remote siren and strobe units that you can put outside to have the alarm noise and light outside also to maybe help scare somebody off when they set off the alarm.

Dunn's
09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
This is at our business property. it is a completly different property from where we live.

We where probably going to get the service so that it could call us.
We are about two miles from the property. We probably wouldn't have it call the police because the gat is locked on the road and their is no way around it except by foot and four wheeler. It is surrounded by creeks on all sides

Do you know if they charge you per time the alarm gets set off like ADT or any of the other alarm companies

Thanks for the info so far

Runner
09-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Wow I like that. I have the benefit that my shop is right behind my house, but it would be NICE to be roused out of bed in the middle of the night. When I step out,...I'm armed.
I have a friend that's a cop. he has a way cool system on his truck that pages him if his (silent) alarm goes off.

Dunn's
09-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah I think we are probably going to get one of these.

newz7151
09-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah I think we are probably going to get one of these.

Oh yeah, just make sure you have good cellular service where the base unit will be as it uses a digital cell system for the call.

And to the other guy.. if you also purchase the remote outside siren/strobe (or you will have the base unit located such that you can run a cable straight from it to the outside you can use the wired one) and install it and a prowler or what have you trips the alarm, he'll likely not stick around long enough for you to get out there. I accidently set the remote siren off while I was checking to see how it all connects, and .... it should wake up any neighbors within about a half mile of it. But if you want to be able to get the drop on somebody, use the outdoor and indoor motion detectors and have the base unit in your house where the alarm cannot be heard outside. That way it will go off and the burgular will not be able to hear it and know the jig is up until you've got the barrell pointed at him.

kleankutslawn
09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
this is the 1st time seeing this,i will look into it