PDA

View Full Version : Where Have All The Good Threads Gone?

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Man! This forum has been nearly stagnant lately! With the exception of people's hopes/fears of Ric's demise there hasn't hardly been squat lately!

How am I supposed to ignore my wives if there's nothing good on lawnsite?

mngrassguy
09-04-2008, 12:49 AM
"Wives"? Here we go again. You UT guys are too much!!!

turf hokie
09-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Bobbyge sapped the life out of them for a little while I think.

Real Green
09-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Man! This forum has been nearly stagnant lately! With the exception of people's hopes/fears of Ric's demise there hasn't hardly been squat lately!

;) oh boy....

PHS
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM

Maybe you could get back to work like the rest of us :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've been on maybe once in the last month and I noticed too that I haven't missed anything. I was expecting there to be pages of stuff to catch up on. Maybe it's time for a good troll to stir things up...TrueBrown sucks!!! Spraying lawn chemicals kills animals!!! Sarah Palin's a hottie!!! There's a couple topics to get things started again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

larryinalabama
09-04-2008, 11:43 AM
We have acouple of good threds going with your new Duelly and all.

Hope we dont see your 14 wives on TV complaning that your not servicing them.

rcreech
09-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Funny this post got started...because I was just thinking to myself a few days ago that there was not much going on here!

Maybe it was just because I was newer to Lawn Site, but it seems like there used to be a lot more info on here when I first came on.

My addiction to Lawn Site needs to be fed! :laugh:

I liked it better when we had "Mystery Machines" and "Magical Organic Products" to talk about! :laugh:

RigglePLC
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks Gustav--finally rain--6 tenths of an inch so far!
Sara palins is hot, but can she bring down fert prices? And John McCain is old. What would happen if...

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Sara palins is hot, but can she bring down fert prices? And John McCain is old. What would happen if...

Easy. She'd do a sexy dance and get whatever she wanted!! I hope she has pure motives.

larryinalabama
09-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Moose on every table

ted putnam
09-04-2008, 02:01 PM

There'll be more Riggle. We've had 6 inches of rain here in the last 2 days. Iwas starting to see Army Worms here last week(Just one more thing to go along with high fert prices and all the other struggles). About 3 out of 10 bermudas I did last week was infested. I'm thinking they may have drowned over the last 2 days:rolleyes: At least that's what I was hoping!:laugh:.. Everything's too wet to work today. Maybe tommorrow. This weeks been pretty much a wash out! Just bought a ton of fert. $2/bag more.:cry: JD's getting smart. No "heads up" this time because they didn't let the employees know in advance.:nono:

PestPro
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Easy. She'd do a sexy dance and get whatever she wanted!! I hope she has pure motives.
How do you get those pretty lines in the yard? My wife would like to know

PestPro
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
;) oh boy....
Maybe we need a forum for pictures of not just grass, mowing equip. and ugly things like us men. :):):)

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-04-2008, 11:13 PM
How do you get those pretty lines in the yard? My wife would like to know

The stripes on the lawn in my signature?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
09-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Sarah Palin's a hottie!!!:

:)I'll second that!:clapping:

mngrassguy
09-05-2008, 01:30 AM
:)I'll second that!:clapping:

Barrahcuda anyone?

PestPro
09-05-2008, 03:30 AM
The stripes on the lawn in my signature?
yes..that is the one

easycareacres
09-05-2008, 04:28 AM
crickey, now ya got a topic, send that fluff my way.

rcreech
09-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Barrahcuda anyone?

HELLO DREAM WOMAN! :waving:

ted putnam
09-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I knew I was a registered Republican for a good reason!

LawnTamer
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Having seen your 14 wives, I'd think they'd be easy to ignore. You can only stare at a car wreck so long before the macabre fascination fades.:laugh::laugh:

What we need is a good debate.

larryinalabama
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Having seen your 14 wives, I'd think they'd be easy to ignore. You can only stare at a car wreck so long before the macabre fascination fades.:laugh::laugh:

What we need is a good debate.

Tamer how many wives u got?

LawnTamer
09-05-2008, 09:54 AM

Just one, but sometimes, one can seem like 14.:laugh::laugh:

Whoop actually only has one too, but she is tall, so I guess she could maybe count as 1 and a half. Despite my teasing, Whoop is a lucky guy in the marriage dept. It amazes me that any woman would marry a guy, what with the body hair, the smells etc. If I was a chick, I'd be gay.

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 10:00 AM
yes..that is the one

It's simply a technique of "leaning" the grass on each mower pass. The sulky I ride on behind my mower drags about 1.5" off the ground. The lighter colored stripes are leaning one way, while the darker colored stripes are leaning the exact opposite.

It gives those of us who mow something to set ourselves apart from the competition. AND it's fun to do, keeps us engaged.

rcreech
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Just one, but sometimes, one can seem like 14.:laugh::laugh:

Whoop actually only has one too, but she is tall, so I guess she could maybe count as 1 and a half. Despite my teasing, Whoop is a lucky guy in the marriage dept. It amazes me that any woman would marry a guy, what with the body hair, the smells etc. If I was a chick, I'd be gay.

I actually think I am a lesbian! I love women! :laugh:

DeepGreenLawn
09-05-2008, 11:16 AM
It's simply a technique of "leaning" the grass on each mower pass. The sulky I ride on behind my mower drags about 1.5" off the ground. The lighter colored stripes are leaning one way, while the darker colored stripes are leaning the exact opposite.

It gives those of us who mow something to set ourselves apart from the competition. AND it's fun to do, keeps us engaged.

that was always a goal of mine when I did maintenance... see how good I could make the lines.

Going around trees and having it still look good was always the hard part. One day I was just cutting the grass for a new customer not paying as much attention due to the difficulty of the grade... got done and was standing on the hill and the customer comes out "MAN... that looks GOOD!" I turn around and am amazed with myself. It was PERFECT! And there was about 5 trees in about 2k so it was not easy either...

tremor
09-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Where's all the do-gooder anti-pesticide nuts we used to fight with? Even these new organic bridge guys are using chemicals.

How are we supposed to keep entertained if we all tow the same line?

Is anyone voting for Obama?
Does anyone LIKE paying $900/ton for urea?
Since Ric's not dead we need something else to complain about.

cod8825
09-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Where's all the do-gooder anti-pesticide nuts we used to fight with? Even these new organic bridge guys are using chemicals.

Is anyone voting for Obama?
Does anyone LIKE paying $900/ton for urea?
Since Ric's not dead we need something else to complain about.

Why won't my customers make their mind on lawn renovations. There you go tremor!

phasthound
09-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Even these new organic bridge guys are using chemicals.

Hey, it's called IPM.
Hit me. :hammerhead: :)

PestPro
09-05-2008, 06:43 PM

What do you mean Leaning on the edge? And can a normal homeower like me learn how to do it or do I need to hire a pro

PestPro
09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Barrahcuda anyone?
Hey...are you hiring? ;)

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
What do you mean Leaning on the edge? And can a normal homeower like me learn how to do it or do I need to hire a pro

The mower needs to drag weight of some sort behind the deck. It's really that simple. Some people use chain, some use an array of wheels, I use my sulky (the little chariot I ride around on behind the mower). Then all you've got to do is learn to mow in perfectly straight lines. Repeat the same pattern a couple weeks in a row and you'll get it.

DeepGreenLawn
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
as you cut the lawn in different directions the blades will "bend" the blades as you go, you can typically stop and look back and see lighter and darker shades from the different directions you go. Just make paths back and forth, keep your cutting path as close as possible, don't overlap your paths. You can put a roller down, or drag something like whoop said. It won't take much, just drag something over the grass the width of your cut while you go.

turf hokie
09-05-2008, 07:58 PM

You cant be a pest pro and a homeowner thats an oxymoron.

turf hokie
09-05-2008, 08:00 PM

I think tamer and whoop share, they know way too much about each others body hair and smells ya know.

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I think tamer and whoop share, they know way too much about each others body hair and smells ya know.

We live on a compound together where we indoctrinate the feeble minded about the glories of lawn care and riotous living.

turf hokie
09-05-2008, 08:04 PM

Is anyone voting for Obama?I'm leaning toward the Palin/Mcain ticket after her speech
Does anyone LIKE paying $900/ton for urea?I love it
Since Ric's not dead we need something else to complain about.Almost spit out me beer:hammerhead:

What about Rudy patting himself on the back telling everybody that he gave a good speech? Or Mayor Bloomberg gonna change the term limits on being mayor? Gotta be some political something to yell at each other about.

turf hokie
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
We live on a compound together where we indoctrinate the feeble minded about the glories of lawn care and riotous living.

You know I thought those were pretty high walls behind those mythical stripes in your pic.

DeepGreenLawn
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM
OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT!

I want to sit on my a$$ and do nothing and have the govt take care of everything for me. When he gets elected I am going to stay home, have the gov't bale me out of my foreclosed house, pay for my insurance, and give me all the food stamps I need. Then give me a rebate for cost of living that I am not paying for in the first place. :D

He is the messiah after all...

DeepGreenLawn
09-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I think that might do it...

PestPro
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
You cant be a pest pro and a homeowner thats an oxymoron.
Now what is that suppose to mean...huh? >)

turf hokie
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Now what is that suppose to mean...huh? >)

Well, uh, I mean, uh, nothin?

rcreech
09-05-2008, 08:50 PM

:laugh:

Now that's funny! Did he now reread his post?

PestPro
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Do all you Lawn care guys like to talk in riddles...maybe the chemicals that you are not licensed to use is getting to your head

LawnTamer
09-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Do all you Lawn care guys like to talk in riddles...maybe the chemicals that you are not licensed to use is getting to your head

Many of us are pest pros too. The purpose of this thread is to combat boredom, so there is a lot of nonsense. Don't worry about it. It's been a long hot season and we are all looking forward to the fall wind down.:waving:

PestPro
09-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Many of us are pest pros too. The purpose of this thread is to combat boredom, so there is a lot of nonsense. Don't worry about it. It's been a long hot season and we are all looking forward to the fall wind down.:waving:
The key word is "Pros" here. And I try and act like one at all times. If the business is slow, then I suggest getting out and looking for new business. Instead of wasting there time at home or office on the computer

If I offend someone then I will be the first one to say I am truly sorry. As a real Pro

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 09:40 PM
If the business is slow, then I suggest getting out and looking for new business.

That just means more PITAs! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

rcreech
09-05-2008, 09:42 PM
The key word is "Pros" here. And I try and act like one at all times. If the business is slow, then I suggest getting out and looking for new business. Instead of wasting there time at home or office on the computer

If I offend someone then I will be the first one to say I am truly sorry. As a real Pro

I agree...we shouldn't be on Lawn Site at 9:41 pm on a Friday night....as we should be out looking for new customers!
Do you think they will be pissed if we get them out of bed to see if they need any lawncare services! :laugh:

rcreech
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
That just means more PITAs! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't want anymore of them!

Was just talking to a very good friend today about how much more fun this would be without customers! :laugh:

PestPro
09-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I have to agree with that one...I can think of LOTS more things I would be doing on a Friday nite, but if I posted it...I would probably get kicked off :)

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I have to agree with that one...I can think of LOTS more things I would be doing on a Friday nite, but if I posted it...I would probably get kicked off :)

Would it include you hiring "a professional"?

cod8825
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM

PestPro:

I will post it. Having movie night with the wife. Tonight is espically fun we are watching Dr. Quinn medicine woman.:rolleyes:

PestPro
09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Would it include you hiring "a professional"?
hahahahahahahahaha....no comment

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
PestPro:

I will post it. Having movie night with the wife. Tonight is espically fun we are watching Dr. Quinn medicine woman.:rolleyes:

Are you just watching the doctor, or will you be playing doctor?

PestPro
09-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Good nite, Sweet dreams and you all have a good weekend..I am going to bed :)

LawnTamer
09-05-2008, 10:02 PM

Nah, so long as you don't use naughty words, and keep it clean we are pretty easy going here.

People don't just come here to get and share info, we come here to blow off steam. I hardly ever help anyone. Many here probably don't know that I am a lawn guy.

LawnTamer
09-05-2008, 10:06 PM
PestPro:

Jane Seymore... Grrrrrr. If my wife still looks like that in her 50s she will probably leave me, but at least she would look good walking away.

Dr. Quinn medicine HOTTIE. I about gagged when my wife told me that she is the same age as my mother-in-law, AKA Whoops ma. Now Whoop will have some funky dreams:laugh::laugh::laugh:

treemonkey
09-05-2008, 11:07 PM

In the spirit of the old saying "Those who can, do. Those who can't teach"........have you ever noticed that products or services that are "lacking" in one way or another over-use the marketing phrase "professional strength" or pro? You know, the professional strength fertilizer one buys at Home depot vs. the industrial products supplied by your jobber.

Did you notice how many times PestPro needs to reinforce his status "As a real Pro"?

Just a casual observation and stirring the "boredom" pot a bit. No intent to offend!

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-05-2008, 11:17 PM
No intent to offend!

LOL!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

treemonkey
09-05-2008, 11:40 PM
At wikipedia, I noticed that prostitute (screwing people in exchange for money) and professional both start with and qualify as "pro".

Wikipedia's definition of pro includes:

- requires certain types of SKILLED work

- highly educated

- economic security

- commonly engaged in creative and intellectually challenging work

- required to possess a large body of knowledge derived from extensive academic study

- self-regulating, in that they control the training and evaluation processes that admit new persons to the field (this defines low-ballers, in the landscape industry)

- expected to utilize their independent judgement and professional ethics.......you know, like professional politicians.

- a professional does mainly mental or administrative work, as opposed to engaging in physical work (oh, yes, that describes us to a "T").

- not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, such occupations ........are more generally thought of as trades or crafts.

HMMMMMM. Are we professionals? Or maybe tradesmen or craftsmen. Or, in rcreech's self inflicted label, a craftswoman/lesbian?

I don't know about you guys, but those "definitions" clearly leaves me out as a pro!

And, hey, if you can't laugh at yourself.........

LawnTamer
09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
I could have gone pro, but I broke my spraying arm. I was slated as a 2nd round draft pick.

rcreech
09-06-2008, 07:27 AM
HMMMMMM. Are we professionals? Or maybe tradesmen or craftsmen. Or, in rcreech's self inflicted label, a craftswoman/lesbian?

And, hey, if you can't laugh at yourself.........

Tree,

Good to see you! Hey don't make fun of me...I was born that way! :laugh: