PDA

View Full Version : spraying ICT Turf 1,2,3 out of a z spray.

ant
09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
any of you guys use a z spray?

phasthound
09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
any of you guys use a z spray?

Hi ant,

I just sent you message on your regular email.
But I'll let Bill reinforce it.

wallzwallz
09-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I use a boom for spraying tea and ICT, do you know your max liquid you can put down per 1000?

ant
09-05-2008, 05:38 PM
1/3 gal per 1000 sf

wallzwallz
09-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I will let Bill give you the official word on its use. I have applied at 1 gal per 1000sq ft, I usually do 2gal/K, but it was raining and I was in a rush. If you applied at that rate ,1/3 gal, it would need to be irrigated in or applied in the rain.The smell increases the less water is used, but if you live in Jersey it should smell better than most of Jersey,LOL it is a little oceany but fades quick.

ant
09-06-2008, 08:02 AM
but if you live in Jersey it should smell better than most of Jersey,LOL it is a little oceany but fades quick.

lol:drinkup:

phasthound
09-06-2008, 08:18 AM
The smell increases the less water is used, but if you live in Jersey it should smell better than most of Jersey,LOL it is a little oceany but fades quick.

Yeah, and all my friends in New England tell me I have an accent.
Yo, you gotta problem wi'that? :cool2:

Dooger54
09-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Ant-

Can't you change the nozzles to get more gals per 1000??

ant
09-06-2008, 09:27 AM
yes i can but that means more trips to the truck to fill up.
if i go to the 1 gal. per m tips i can do around 18,000 sf. per tank.

ICT Bill
09-06-2008, 09:36 AM
You guys are too funny, a buddy of mine say WADA instead of water, in fact on his water bottle that is how he spells it too.

The mix rate depends on the equipment being used, the application rate stays the same, we like to see 1 ounce of #2 compost tea and 1 ounce of #3 accelerator per 3000 sq ft. On transition properties we like to double the rate and apply every 2 weeks, 3 application, then move to the inoculant rate of once a month

In Ant's case he is applying at 1 gallon of water per 3000 sq ft, so the mix rate would be 1 ounce per gallon, the typical application rate, of course depending on the equipment used, is 2 gallons per 1000. so the mix rate would be 1 ounce per 6 gallons.

The fish in the mix can smell a little strong at low dilution rates but it goes away quickly

If you were able to get it down before this tropical storm went thru great

As a foliar application like 1 gallon per 3000 sq ft you will see a nice green up that should last 3 to 5 weeks, this is from all of the fish, kelp, humate and micronutrients that we add, the beneficials will coat the leaf surface and do their thing but the mycorrhizae will not get down in the soil profile, they will be stranded on the surface unless you ask the client to water in after application or apply before it rains.

We have several companies that have called to tell us they now have something to do on rainy days, instead of going home they go apply compost tea on properties, nice ! generating revenue when you are normally not working

wallzwallz
09-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I am glad the Jersey people saw the intended humor. My brother lives there and we have fun w/ it. We are chowda heads here or bunch of Massholes as the tourists call us.:drinkup:

ICT Bill
09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Ant-

Can't you change the nozzles to get more gals per 1000??

We get asked this question all the time. The only answer I have is to consult with the manufacturer, there are so many different types of machines and tips we can't possibly reference them all.