PDA

View Full Version : t-190 for sale

sunray237
09-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm going to sell my T-190 with gold package- 424 hours 2005 and wide tracks.
Dirt bucket with teeth , trencher , forks , grapple bucket , stump grinder
new 7x18 carolina trailer 7 ton
I was thinking 55000.00 what do you guys think?
The business is way too slow.

bobcat_ron
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I know of a few people in English Bay that might be interested in it, they are Captains of large ocean going freighters, catch my drift!! http://deephousepage.com/smilies/eusa_dance.gif

That's not a bad deal BTW.

Junior M
09-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Do you have any pics? and how much would you sell it for with out the trailer?

ksss
09-05-2008, 08:59 PM

I think that would be a great number for you, but I doubt you will get that.

Assuming that the T-190 is HF and in good condition I would expect it to bring 20-22K.

HF trencher 3500-4000
grapple bucket 1500-2000
HF stump grinder 3500-4000
trailer 4000
bucket and pallet forks 1000.

I come up with a solid 35K. At 55K your pretty much new price on everything. It will be tough to find someone with 55K burning a hole in their pocket when they could buy new and get new warranty and new finiancing. The T-190 portion of this is not an easy hurdle to get over either but thats my opinion. If this is a low flow machine with low flow attachments that would be a major deduct to the knowledgable buyer. The trencher and stump grinder performance is an issue with under 20 gpm and only 60 hp give or take.

Junior M
09-05-2008, 09:15 PM
If they are bobcat attachments ksss he shouldnt have a problem... and that price is pretty steep for here.. (he is only an hour or less east of me he probably goes to the same Home depot my bro works at) I can buy a new t-190 with wide tracks and no cab with a bucket and forks for about 39k.. I know a cab costs around or a little more than 3 thousand dollars..

sunray237
09-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the quick replys, they are all bobcat attachments.
Everything is in top notch condition and I'm the only one to ever run it, nobody tearing it up when I wasn't around.
It is a high flow machine and I would take 52000.00 without the trailer.
I'm sure there are some better deals around but you know how it is, you never want to ask rock bottom to start and sometimes those better deals are few and far between.
Again I want to say thanks for the replys and no I don't have current pics right now.

YardPro
09-06-2008, 11:07 AM
that is pretty high for that unit.

we just bought a t-200 and were looking at the t-190's as well.
we almost bought a t190 that only had 600 hours.... gold package....
$21K....

MTL's loose a ton of money when you sign the papers....

grassmanvt
09-06-2008, 04:25 PM
I think that would be a great number for you, but I doubt you will get that.

Assuming that the T-190 is HF and in good condition I would expect it to bring 20-22K.

HF trencher 3500-4000
grapple bucket 1500-2000
HF stump grinder 3500-4000
trailer 4000
bucket and pallet forks 1000.

I come up with a solid 35K. At 55K your pretty much new price on everything. It will be tough to find someone with 55K burning a hole in their pocket when they could buy new and get new warranty and new finiancing. The T-190 portion of this is not an easy hurdle to get over either but thats my opinion. If this is a low flow machine with low flow attachments that would be a major deduct to the knowledgable buyer. The trencher and stump grinder performance is an issue with under 20 gpm and only 60 hp give or take.

That sounds more like it and honestly, I think thats a little high.

qps
09-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I think you'll be sitting on it for awhile...

LyaecS175
09-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Top dollar for used equipment--no thanks.

Nothing turns me off from a seller than them asking nearly new prices for their used stuff.

sunray237
09-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the replys, it won't be the end of the world if I don't sell it, just a little tight.
As far as a seller asking nealy new prices for used stuff, it has 424 hours on it, in my book that's nearly new even if it is a 05.
Nobody ever gave me anything and I don't think I will start giving my stuff away at this point.
I would bet when you sell something you don't start with your rock bottom price either,you should always have wiggle room if you so choose.
Sometimes it helps to bounce ideas off of others to get the right prospective, from the sounds of it I will just tighten my belt and keep on going.

Junior M
09-06-2008, 08:55 PM
yeah we understand that you arent goin to give it away but come on.. I live an hour east of you and our equipment prices are low as hell here.. But if you ever come down farther pm me.. I would be happy to take it off your hands depending on your price of course

LyaecS175
09-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the replys, it won't be the end of the world if I don't sell it, just a little tight.
As far as a seller asking nealy new prices for used stuff, it has 424 hours on it, in my book that's nearly new even if it is a 05.
Nobody ever gave me anything and I don't think I will start giving my stuff away at this point.
I would bet when you sell something you don't start with your rock bottom price either,you should always have wiggle room if you so choose.
Sometimes it helps to bounce ideas off of others to get the right prospective, from the sounds of it I will just tighten my belt and keep on going.

Yea, its new except it has 424 hours on it and its been sitting in your yard for 3 years. I'd hardly call that "new". New is <10 hours and the current model year, with a full warranty. You might command a slight premium over other machines in that model year because of the low-ish hours but you're sure not going to get nearly new prices.

It's not a matter of starting out at rock bottom, its a matter of starting at a reasonable price slightly above what you'd take for the machine. Nobody forces you to take an offer, I don't see what the benefit of starting way high is unless you're hoping for some idiot to come along and pay full sticker.

If I were in the market for a used T190 and I saw your ad I'd think to myself "This guy is unrealistic" and not even bother calling--it's not worth my time.

Scag48
09-07-2008, 03:01 AM
424 hours, in my book, is 25% used up. Let's face it, nobody really runs these machines much past 2,000 hours. Why would anyone pay almost full new price for a machine with no warranty, no new machine financing, and has over 400 hours on it? I sure as hell wouldn't. You'll be sitting on it for a long time at that price. Even if times were good, which they aren't, nobody would be willing to pay that. There's so much iron on the market right now it's not even funny. I'm trying to pull a rabbit out of my hat to come up with 20 grand to go buy a mini only because the deals that can be had are ridiculous. Good luck with the sale.

grassmanvt
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
424 hours, in my book, is 25% used up. Let's face it, nobody really runs these machines much past 2,000 hours. Why would anyone pay almost full new price for a machine with no warranty, no new machine financing, and has over 400 hours on it? I sure as hell wouldn't. You'll be sitting on it for a long time at that price. Even if times were good, which they aren't, nobody would be willing to pay that. There's so much iron on the market right now it's not even funny. I'm trying to pull a rabbit out of my hat to come up with 20 grand to go buy a mini only because the deals that can be had are ridiculous. Good luck with the sale.

While I agree is way overpriced, 424 hours is no where near 25% used up. Like anything else, don't destroy it, change the oil and I have seen many a skid with 3-6000 hours still bee in pretty good shape. I have even seen two in the 9000 hour range that drove surprisingly well, and others with 1000 hours that were beat up and unsafe to drive, let alone work.

meets1
09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I rented a T190 due to muddy/sand conditions I was in. It was an 06, 621 hours, gold pkg, dealer was asking $18500. He was really pushing me to buy but I really don't need another skid - now my boys would llove to have a tracked machine but guess who has to pay for it!! This dealer has alot of used on the lot due to the farm prices in my area and all the farmers are buying new stuff even if there machines are only a yr or two old. This is a BOBCAT/Kubota dealer.

ksss
09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I would do this. Go to IronPlanet.com and look where the MTL market is. Most machines are CAT but there are some BC machines on it. You can also query for a specific machine. If you are familiar with what these machines cost new, do the math and see how big a hit these machines take in the first couple years. I have seen some machines sell for 12-14K that are 1000 to 1500 hours. No one is suggesting giving anything away, but you have to be realistic as to its value. If things keep getting tighter in the equipment market values will continue to fall.

Junior M
09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I rented a T190 due to muddy/sand conditions I was in. It was an 06, 621 hours, gold pkg, dealer was asking $18500. He was really pushing me to buy but I really don't need another skid - now my boys would llove to have a tracked machine but guess who has to pay for it!! This dealer has alot of used on the lot due to the farm prices in my area and all the farmers are buying new stuff even if there machines are only a yr or two old. This is a BOBCAT/Kubota dealer.
that was a deal!! I wouldve jumped all over that! there must have been something wrong with it..

meets1
09-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Nothing wrong with the T190 I rented for a couple days. I have a two other BC's as well but I was in slimmy mud and putting base on top for a large concrete pour and needed more than wheel spinning so I called the BC dealer and he had one out within an hour.

Nice machine. Solid and very well taken care off. The dealer is pretty aggressive whem it comes to trading/purchasing but for me to own a track machine at this point doesn't make much sense for me to purchase.

What cat machine is relevant to an S205 2 speed and to an S300?

I have a cat rep here in town and would really like to try/buy one but my BOBCAT/Kubota dealer is awesome to work with.

Scag48
09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
What cat machine is relevant to an S205 2 speed and to an S300?

To compare to the S205, the 242BII compares across at 2100 ROC, 56 horses and is vertical lift. The 242B's are junk, IMO, not enough horsepower, surprised Cat still produces that pile. The 226 has the same powerplant and is a much smaller machine. The 236BII comes in at 1950 ROC, 71 horses, and it's radial lift. And the 246C has 2150 ROC with 73 horses.

The S300 competes with Cat's 272C that runs a ROC of 3250 and 90 horses, the 272C will chew up and spit out an S300. The 262C has 2700 ROC and 82 horses.

RockSet N' Grade
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Equipment is a funny animal. When times are hot, you could have got pretty close to what you want. When times are cold, you will get less than you are willing to take. Plain and simple, the prices fluctuate in the extremes and it doesn't matter if it just walked off the lot new or is in near new condition......expect to take a beating. Equipment is a high ticket item and not many folks want to write a check in a down economy for something that is basically a dead horse.

sunray237
09-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I agree with you Rockset , equipment prices are are way down and I will most likely be keeping mine.
Hind site being what it is , I should have rented when I needed one but that's life live and learn.
At least I can afford to keep it, although it would be nice to have that money freed up.
I was talking to one of the rental companies the other day, they think it's going to keep slowing down for another year to year and a half, what do ya'll think?

meets1
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I think it depends were ya all are located. In my little part of the world, things are good. I had my best year yet although my fiscal year ends in Oct and things could change but I am booked solid until either the frost sets in or we get snow cover. And even at that, I have a few odd jobs lined up b/c I can't bank on snow removal.

Scag48
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
The economy here has flat-lined, I don't think it can get any worse. I say that, I mean things really could be worse, but I think we've hit the bottom of this and hopefully start climbing out of it next spring. At least that's my thoughts for the greater Seattle area, I know there are places in this country much, much worse off than we are here. I count my blessings that things aren't worse than they are, but things could certainly be better.

My crew has work to do, but the weather typically slows us down. We schedule a lot of rainy season work to keep the crews busy during the winter. I suppose we still have some of that, but it's less than in years past. I worked 60 hours last week and am looking forward to another 60+ hours this week with the good weather we're supposed to have. I'm in a little different boat though, we're working on a huge commercial job, so things are still plugging along.

RockSet N' Grade
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
State funded/Government work/infrastructure is a whole nother animal. From where I sit, the public has less spendable discretionary income and it is showing. Is the storm over? I have been through two of these before and this feels no where near a bottom.....this feels like the first wave has hit, we are getting a resbit and then another shoe will drop. There is not blood in the streets yet, people have not adjusted their spending habits dramatically, too much debt public/private that has to be resolved. Too much inventory in the housing market, the weak ones have not been thouroughly weeded out yet. "Things" are always propped up before elections, so I generally see this as a false positive.........give it some time after the changing of the guard to see the real direction.

Junior M
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Work wasnt bad here in the beginning of the summer but after june it went down hill from there like it always did.. but this year it has just flat lined.. Many of the people I know build pools, like us, and do landscaping.. and they didnt have any other work than there regular cleaning pools and cutting grass.. There is a guy here that has been an operator for over 40 years and when he broke his hip a month back people would call asking him to do something and he told them to find someone else they said nah I will wait.. and He is almost caught up as of last tuesday when we saw him fueling up in town. Now this man has never complained about having work, he had work out the a$$ when other guys were begging for it back in march and april and has always had a suffiecent amount of work and he is saying he know's his winter and fall is goin to be dead.. But hopefully it will pick up so I can spend the summer working with him so I can learn how to dig pools and just learn how he operates.. He has taught me alot just from watching him dig a couple pools.

mrsops
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM

i have had good luck on ebay with machines you should give a shot. I think you could get 35,000 for everything..

Junior M
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
If I could work something out with my father and the bank I would try as hard as I could to jump on that for 35,000.. especially if you could wait until the spring of 09 so I can see where the work is going..

mrsops
09-07-2008, 10:16 PM
If I could work something out with my father and the bank I would try as hard as I could to jump on that for 35,000.. especially if you could wait until the spring of 09 so I can see where the work is going..

hey jlm if i new you wanted a t190 i would of sold you mine last month :)

Junior M
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
you sold the other one you had? darn!! but the advantage of this one is its only an hour down the road and my bro lives in the same town so it would work out for me...

I thought you kept the other t190.. so why did you buy a new one?

Oh yeah and its a little to early for us to buy one right now.. But as of right now we are thinking of buy a piece in the spring but I am kinda rethinking this because we arent sure how much work we will have and plus I dont want to buy a machine because if we buy what are we going to do with it if we dont have any work? It definetly cant set here at the house we got enough crap here that isnt suppose to be here already,,,

mrsops
09-07-2008, 10:24 PM
you sold the other one you had? darn!! but the advantage of this one is its only an hour down the road and my bro lives in the same town so it would work out for me...

I thought you kept the other t190.. so why did you buy a new one?

The main reason why was because bobcat had great specials going on.. I got a real good trade value on it. Also i like to upgrade every 3 years

Junior M
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
oh... did you get any other options on the new one that you didnt have on the old one? and how do you like the new dash? and could we maybe get a pic of it?

mrsops
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
oh... did you get any other options on the new one that you didnt have on the old one? and how do you like the new dash? and could we maybe get a pic of it?

few different options i got the sound package on this one and i did get the new dash setup yeah i will post pics tomorrow of it

Construct'O
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I agree with you Rockset , equipment prices are are way down and I will most likely be keeping mine.
Hind site being what it is , I should have rented when I needed one but that's life live and learn.
At least I can afford to keep it, although it would be nice to have that money freed up.
I was talking to one of the rental companies the other day, they think it's going to keep slowing down for another year to year and a half, what do ya'll think?

I would check out machinerytrader and see what others have their machines listed for.Take the highest and the lowest and go for somewhere in the middle.Also spend sometime looking at the shape their machines are in compared to yours,as to see if yours has an advantage over theirs as in value.

Might also decide which attachments you are using the most and having the best returns as in making money.Then sell off the ones that isn't paying there way.Hopefully that would free up some of your money problems.

I have sold off equipment at times to help make it through to better times.It is tough at times,but makes a better business person out of you in the long run.It will humble you that is for sure.Been there!

Good luck:usflag:

Junior M
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
few different options i got the sound package on this one and i did get the new dash setup yeah i will post pics tomorrow of it
what radio comes in it? is it the jensen radio like the one they sell at the dealership?

mrsops
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
what radio comes in it? is it the jensen radio like the one they sell at the dealership?

no jlm the sound package is not the radio its all the foam padding they put in the cab of the machine and on the inside of the back door to make the machine quiet and it works real good

Junior M
09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
no jlm the sound package is not the radio its all the foam padding they put in the cab of the machine and on the inside of the back door to make the machine quiet and it works real good
yeah I know I thought of it after I posted it and by the time I did it was to late to edit it... But did you put a radio in it?

mrsops
09-07-2008, 11:08 PM
yeah I know I thought of it after I posted it and by the time I did it was to late to edit it... But did you put a radio in it?

no i don't have a radio in it.

Junior M
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
That would drive me nuts not having a radio in a cab.. I ran a cat 430d backhoe this summer for the landscaper I work for and I was doing nothing but moving dirt like two hundred yards and It was a really boring job and I about went nuts doing nothing but setting there with my foot on the pedal... I couldnt hear the motor real well so I couldnt really tell if i was over revving and there was no radio..
and I wouldnt even think of opening the cab up as dusty as it was out and I loved the a/c with it being like 100 out....
but talking about a boring job!! But I had never ran a backhoe before so it was fun for the first couple hours then I just got bored...

Scag48
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the world of operation Jr.. Try doing the same task, day in and day out for about 6 months and let me know how you feel. I'm not talking about running the same piece, no, but the same piece doing the same task. Oh yeah, most equipment owned by the larger companies don't have radios. I know one company out here actually takes them out of the machines they come standard in. And A/C is a luxury, if the machine has A/C and it works, you're lucky. Out of 4 Komatsu hoes on the job I'm working on now, only 1 of them actually has A/C and I've been told it's less than average when it comes to performance. Excavators aren't too bad, just open everything up and roll with it.

Get some ear muffs with radio in them, that's what I did mowing lawns. I'd like to take my pair of Peltors to work but it's not allowed.

Junior M
09-07-2008, 11:35 PM
when mowing I listen to a crappy mp3 player i got from my brother.. I dont mind running an excavator with a cab and no radio because you need to open it up anyway so you can get a better view of what your doing but that depends on what your doing to.. and I wouldnt mind having a radio in a skid with open rops but if it had a cab I think I would go insane.. But running that backhoe was boring! I couldnt look at my bucket and see how much dirt I had or look at my bucket to see if dirt was sticking so I could get out and scrape it out as an excuse to hear the engine.. But if that backhoe was an open rops machine I dont mind not having music because I can listen to the motor and actually listen to the motor to hear if something is going wrong and/or if it is spinning out where it was hard to feel in the cabbed machine..

Scag48
09-07-2008, 11:50 PM
You can remedy all those issues with experience. You don't need to hear anything, if something goes wrong, you'll definately hear it even in a cabbed machine. Your ear must not be tuned very well, I can hear an 80 horse backhoe more than I would like even in a cab, I wear earplugs in a cabbed machine as well as ROPS machines. You were in a 430, definately has some balls behind it, I'm trying to figure out how you couldn't hear it spool up. Even then, you should be running the machine by feel and not by what it sounds like. Maybe your school needs to introduce a listening class because it seems you're falling short there as well.:laugh:

Junior M
09-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I could hear it spool up but I am just so use to listening to the machine but like you said I need to learn and that was the first time I had ever ran a machine with the cab fully closed... and I just like being able to hear.. we each have our preferences.. and I was running the front end by feel it was just hard to feel it spin in sand because it has no like idk what you call it umm backbone.. it is just soft it will keep spinning and you couldnt feel because they just kept digging.. but I still just like being able to hear the motor because I could listen to hear it bog when it did spin..

But it might of been I was just so happy to be in a/c and to be running a backhoe for the first time I wasnt paying attention real well.. But hey I got expierence either way..