PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket CTL Tracks

dozerman21
09-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I need some new tracks for my Deere CT332, and I wanted to see what brands you guys have tried and what your impressions were. It came with Bridgestones and they have held up well. I would buy them again but they are expensive. I had planned on buying the Solideals, but more than one place won't sell them now because they've had several problems with them. I checked into the new McClarens and they are salty too. So... I'm now looking at a track called Landmaster. Anyone heard of these? My Deere dealership sells them and so far so good. I haven't seen them yet but have heard they are similar to the Bridgestone track. Anyone seen these around?

bobcat_ron
09-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I have never heard of LandMaster tracks, but their tread pattern looks like the type on the Hitachi ZX27 I run. Bridgestone tracks are built a little different than others, they have more metal and rubber where the rollers ride due to Deere's triple flange system on the idlers/rollers, so using another name of track may not have the extra metal and rubber in that area.

dozerman21
09-05-2008, 10:48 PM
The rollers are triple flange but the idlers are double flange. I have not heard of Landmasters either until recently. I've only seen them on a PDF on some website.

I have not heard that the Bridgestones have more steel in them than others. That could be why they cost more. I know it's important to have a continuous belt, but I think most have that now.

Construct'O
09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Dozerman what have you heard about the solideal tracks that was bad.I liked the looks of the tread design better then the Bridgestone.

Just heard the name of the ones you are looking at, but never seen them.What is the experiences of the tracks your looking at through the Deere dealer? Have they sold any before? if so how many ?

I still have a ways to go with mine,but let me know what you get and how they turn out.Good luck:usflag:

AWJ Services
09-06-2008, 08:49 AM
I will be due for some next summer on my Takeuchi as well so I would be interested in any availble info.
I would want my tracks too at least last as long as the orginals.

ccstrebe
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Reminds me of a saying I saw in a Snap-On tool advertisment 30 years ago. "Buy only the best and cry only once"

I have always had the opinion of using OEM when it comes to replacement parts.

dozerman21
09-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Reminds me of a saying I saw in a Snap-On tool advertisment 30 years ago. "Buy only the best and cry only once"

I have always had the opinion of using OEM when it comes to replacement parts.

I would usually agree with that, but not in this application. Just like tires on a wheeled skid, I don't think you have to have OEM for the bands. It's not like it's a Deere part, it's Bridgestone and it's used on several other makes. I would go with the Bridgestones but they were the most expensive at around $4,400 (no installation) plus tax.

Construct'O- The Solideals have had problems I believe with the steel in the rubber coming detached from the track at low hours. That's just what I've been told, but it must be bad because my Deere dealer stopped selling them as well as an aftermarket company I use for dozer U/C parts. They have had problems with the warranty as these went out at low hours. Again, this is just what I was told and I haven't seen any in person. I will say that both places were pushing these tracks hard when they first came out... now they won't sell them. I also had planned on buying those until now.

Since several of us need or will need tracks in the near future, this would be an ideal time for someone to step forward and give a little bulk Lawnsite discount!:cool2::drinkup: With all of the CTL owners on here, somebody could cash in.:usflag:

RockSet N' Grade
09-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I will be needing a set in the not too distant future for skid and hoe.......if we could do a bulk deal, I would be in on that one. The cost for my hoe was $5k a side....

P.Services
09-06-2008, 09:26 PM
i believe i have solideals on my machine and i love them. the only problem i have had is chunking them out when i get into the woods mowing.

they work real good in the snow and mud and are all around great, i believe what makes them better is the fact that they have multiple leading edges on the ground at once to provide superior traction.

ksss
09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
"Buy only the best and cry only once"

I like that quote.:drinkup:

ccstrebe
09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I like that quote.:drinkup:

I learned that valuable lesson in high school when I had a '68 Firebird I was fixing up in auto shop.

After buying 2 rebuilt alternators that both failed almost to the day after their 3 month warranty was up, I realized while I was buying a third one, that it was costing me more than a new one would have costed not to mention the aggravation of getting all dirty and busting my knuckles replacing them. I saw that quote about the same time I was going through all that and the logic of it hit me like a bolt of lightning.:drinkup:

JDSKIDSTEER
09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I need some new tracks for my Deere CT332, and I wanted to see what brands you guys have tried and what your impressions were. It came with Bridgestones and they have held up well. I would buy them again but they are expensive. I had planned on buying the Solideals, but more than one place won't sell them now because they've had several problems with them. I checked into the new McClarens and they are salty too. So... I'm now looking at a track called Landmaster. Anyone heard of these? My Deere dealership sells them and so far so good. I haven't seen them yet but have heard they are similar to the Bridgestone track. Anyone seen these around?

????????? I have sold many sets and have seen no problem, including the set Picasso is using.