PDA

View Full Version : power washing drive ways

dmaxman
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
any of you guys power wash drive ways as an additional service?

1993lx172
09-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I do, but not very often probably only two or three a year

thegreek
09-26-2008, 08:44 PM
how much u guys charge a driveway?

1993lx172
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
I charge a minimum of $40, it only takes me about an hour to two hours and like I said i offer it but don't get a lot. I think I had about three this year but it's not a big deal. I offer the service but don't put much emphasis on it.

Happy Frog
09-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I charge $0.10 to $0.22 per square foot depending on condition (rust stains).

Barry M
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I charge a minimum of $40, it only takes me about an hour to two hours and like I said i offer it but don't get a lot. I think I had about three this year but it's not a big deal. I offer the service but don't put much emphasis on it.

Are you serious? An hour or two of work is worth $40 to you? Wow, is the lawn care mentality really that bad?

Seriously man, I don't know you but I guarantee you are a good worker and you are worth more than that. IMO you are selling yourself short and don't give me that "well like I said I don't do it that often" crap because you did it 3 times too often this year.

Come on guys really $20 an hour gross is NOT good money.

Grits
11-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Are you serious? An hour or two of work is worth $40 to you? Wow, is the lawn care mentality really that bad?

Seriously man, I don't know you but I guarantee you are a good worker and you are worth more than that. IMO you are selling yourself short and don't give me that "well like I said I don't do it that often" crap because you did it 3 times too often this year.

Don't lump all lawn care guys in with this statement. I about crapped myself when I read $40, too.

Happy Frog
11-08-2008, 12:11 PM
What's wrong with $40.00 :confused:
Beer is not that expensive... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1993lx172
11-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Most of the the driveways I do are about the length of a compact car and probably two cars wide, as for time I could probably do it faster but my dad taught me early on that whenever you do work make sure you do a through job. I charge what is profitable for me, and I believe I said a minimum of $40, meaning that $40 is a Starting Point! for a PW job.The longer the driveway the more I charge:hammerhead:. I understand completely what Barry M was saying and apologize for not being more specific.

FCPWLLC
11-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Here is how we clean Driveways...

Pressure Washing Lexington KY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SERKIbqaX5M)

That was $100+

moose203
11-10-2008, 10:45 AM
hey man you live in the fastest growing and wealthiest county in TN. time to up your rates. they can afford it

Jason

Spikie
11-24-2008, 03:52 PM
:oI like the Lexington process - where'd you get that pressure washer/scrubber tho?

FCPWLLC
11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
:oI like the Lexington process - where'd you get that pressure washer/scrubber tho?

I buy my equipment from Bob at Pressure Tek

http://www.pressuretek.com

8gpm Cold Water Beltdriven

28 inch Big Guy Surface Cleaner

louisgeorges
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Its so easy to clean a driveway.

I just shower the whole thing with fresh chlorine, I let it soak in for ten minutes and then I pressure wash the driveway going down.

At the bottom I push all the dirt in the grass to make sure that the owner doesn't drive over it and put it back on the driveway.

Also don't forget to rinse off the chlorine in the grass on each side of the driveway.

That's it.

Russ Spence
12-07-2008, 11:08 PM
first thing to remember is to be responsible when using chemicals, you need to neutralize chems properly when finishing a job, simply rinsing them into the grass is not a good idea, animals and kids can get into them. The best course of action is to try to clean with hot water, our machines are all hot water and will clean at 248 degrees, then you dont have to worry about environmental issues or chemical liabilities either, if you need to use the proper knowledge is a must in this industry.

Here are a couple of pictures of our equipment

divine190
01-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Here is how we clean Driveways...

Pressure Washing Lexington KY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SERKIbqaX5M)

That was $100+

Hey that looks neat, you can charge 100$ for that.

lifetree
01-23-2009, 05:36 AM

Ditto ... !!!

FCPWLLC
01-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey that looks neat, you can charge 100$ for that.

Yes ... Everyday.

JPsDuramax
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
If you are not currently in the pressure/power washing business you need to check with your local laws. In Georgia, you must have a seperate business license and follow local watering bans. Since we have had the extreme drought the past few years the state has really cracked down on companies just adding pressure washing as an additional service. If it is not the primary way you make money than you cannot perform the work. So, I would say check the laws and make sure you don't have any crazy rules because of drought situations.

ooo
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I rent those scrubbers for under $20, but if your doing several a year, might as well buy one. Works quite well.

slowleak1
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
first thing to remember is to be responsible when using chemicals, you need to neutralize chems properly when finishing a job, simply rinsing them into the grass is not a good idea, animals and kids can get into them. The best course of action is to try to clean with hot water, our machines are all hot water and will clean at 248 degrees, then you dont have to worry about environmental issues or chemical liabilities either, if you need to use the proper knowledge is a must in this industry.

Here are a couple of pictures of our equipment

yall have an awesome setup!:cool2: thats my ultimate goal is to have a trailer set up just like yours

CCPC
03-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Here in Jacksonville, FL we Pressure Wash driveways (http://www.ccpressureclean.com) all the time. Concrete cleaning is probably one of our biggest add-on services.