PDA

View Full Version : Best Phone For A LCO

jsullivanlw
09-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Iphone? Blackberry? Palm? Is there anything that can link with quickbooks from the field?

Lawn-Sharks
09-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Bro, I got the low rent Metro Pcs service, the package i bought came w/ 2 phones w/cameras & unlimited everything including Internet for less then $100.00 a month. The service is in the business name and shows up on caller id's as Lawn Sharks.. It works and it's cheap!

b121774
09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I get the cheapest phone I can get to meet my needs as I go through them every 6 month's or so. Between blowing, answering the phone while hands are covered in mud and the dirt that accumulates in my pocket's, they get trashed! I go through credit cards really fast as well as the dust get's in my wallet relly bad and wears the magnetic strip off the back.

jsullivanlw
09-06-2008, 11:52 PM
HA Im working with metro right now too and love em. I even have a few shares of stock in metro but I want a phone that can get me to the estimates faster. Google maps or gps navigation. And also sync to my pc

JFGLN
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I just picked up an iphone yesterday. I like the visual voicemail. You can pick which voicemail you want to listen to without going through them all.

Lakewlc
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
i got the lg casio gz one. its great. cant kill it, and waterproof

J&R Landscaping
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I have sprint/nextel. I had t-mobile but had to many issues with poor service. I have the Motorola i-510. Its not fancy by any means but it takes a beating. It's been dropped, run over by the truck a few times and all that and is still doing ok. Its a little over 15 monthes old. It will be replaced soon but I got my use out of it.
The previous phones I had from t-mobile would hardly last 8-10 monthes. I don't abuse the phone but its on my belt and stuff happens. Thats one reason I switched to nextel was due to the heavier duty phones. Plus, the walkie talkie is great IMO.

DBL
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
we have sprint nextel 3 phones....i dont mind but my brother cant stand them and wants a blackberry (not from sprint) or the iphone

Grits
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I just want something that I can check email from.

jsullivanlw
09-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Yea I looked at the iphone and I wanted to hate it but it kinda lives up to the hype.

DaughtryLC
09-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I use BB and LOVE it!

railman
09-08-2008, 01:28 AM
i have the xv6800 from verizon. it is designed for a business phone. email, internet, gps for estimates, mp3, camera.:dancing:

Ric3077
09-08-2008, 01:43 AM
I just got an At&t Tilt smart phone...seems to be pretty cool so far.

LushGreenLawn
09-08-2008, 08:22 AM
If your just looking for a phone to get you to estimates faster, then I would not use the phone at all. I used the VZ Navigator for about 3 days before I bought a Tom Tom. I only paid $125 for it and the difference is night and day as far as navigation. I can type in an address in less than 10 seconds, and it tells you everything you want to know about your route.

jsullivanlw
09-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I played with the tilt for a good half hour and felt like i didnt even scratch the service. What all does it do for you?

jsullivanlw
09-09-2008, 12:51 AM
If your just looking for a phone to get you to estimates faster, then I would not use the phone at all. I used the VZ Navigator for about 3 days before I bought a Tom Tom. I only paid $125 for it and the difference is night and day as far as navigation. I can type in an address in less than 10 seconds, and it tells you everything you want to know about your route.

Thanks im heading to ebay now:walking:

Kennedy Landscaping
09-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Personally I have the LG Voyager by Verizon. It is basically I Phone's big brother and it will do alot, but I like writing my things down on paper better. If I drop the phone in water and it won't even turn on then what do I do. Just lost 4 potential clients contact info. Just my two cents.

getthenet
09-09-2008, 01:41 AM
I buy cheap phones on 2 year agreements. I have 4 lines and my wife has one phone, have one phone, and 2 of my guys have their own phones but on my lines. That means I have 1 upgrade per year for me and my wife and they usually buy their own phones every 6 months or so used. As far as navagation goes, I just got a garmin nuvi. It works off of sattellite instead of my phone service. My phone will loose service in some of the outlying areas here and it want help me. I also got back up service through verizon so if something happens i still have my contacts. I also have verizon wireless internet on laptop so I can take the internet with me. It is slow though.

mgray10
09-14-2008, 01:23 PM
I have been using the Nextel brick for about five years. Mud, wet saw smeg, puddles, thrown against walls, and the speaker phone still out volumes everyone else around me. Chirp, Chirp!

http://www.phonedog.com/r/c/992-1112-167-175-250x275.jpg

For internet, I have a dual use contract and a wireless card for my laptop. I used to have a mogul which was the biggest pain in the ass I have ever experienced. Now, I can check any webpage I want, print invoices, proposals, yada yada yada.

tradeyouraccounts
09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I too like the visual voice mail on the iphone and the text history is pretty neat. Down side for me is that you canít stream music from the iphone to a blue tooth head set other than that itís all good and good battery life compared to the Motorola Q which I needed to carry 3 batteries and a generator to get through the day with it.

jsullivanlw
09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
So I went with the Mogul from sprint and... its a nightmare! Its going back monday.

Lazer_Z
09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
js, Look into the LG Dare from Verizon. That is going to be my new phone when my contract is up in January.

mgray10
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
So I went with the Mogul from sprint and... its a nightmare! Its going back monday.

:hammerhead:

Horsepower Lawns
09-15-2008, 12:42 AM

Whats wrong with it? I have one and it was fine, but Sprint gave me another Touch for $50, so I have 2 Touchs (& the Mogul) now.

You may want to look at the Diamond that came out today or the Touch Pro comes out on Oct. 19th.

dura to the max
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
sprint nextel....i like the walkie talkie, the fact that i can have the phones set to just allow walkie talkie use for my guys, and the the phones seem pretty durable...i love my brick...

jsullivanlw
09-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Whats wrong with it? I have one and it was fine, but Sprint gave me another Touch for $50, so I have 2 Touchs (& the Mogul) now.

You may want to look at the Diamond that came out today or the Touch Pro comes out on Oct. 19th.

Evreything! I cant see the screen outside for one.

Jake
09-16-2008, 01:18 AM
I just got a blackberry curve. Seems to have all the things I need. But I am scared about it getting broken. It is awesome to get my email....

cgaengineer
09-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I just got a blackberry curve. Seems to have all the things I need. But I am scared about it getting broken. It is awesome to get my email....

I also have the Curve...I love it!! Take a look at these for protection http://www.otterbox.com/

KCfireman
09-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I have the Verizon LG Envy. It real nice. Its orange.

Allens LawnCare
09-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I use a palm treo...love it

Big C
09-21-2008, 03:44 AM
I use a palm treo...love it

Me too!!!!!!

02DURAMAX
09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
I have an Iphone when i need to find something and a nextel when i want walkie talkie!!!!

AdornTreeService
09-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Iphone is the best.

You can download a estimate / invoice on you iphone, while working with the customer you can enter the information, go back to the truck, sync to your laptop and then print everything from your truck.
This can be helpful for getting paid on the spot for a one time job.

tamo
09-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Iphone is the best.

You can download a estimate / invoice on you iphone, while working with the customer you can enter the information, go back to the truck, sync to your laptop and then print everything from your truck.
This can be helpful for getting paid on the spot for a one time job.

Hi Adorn. I have an iphone too. Just curious, how do you work with estimates/invoices on your phone? What software program do you use?

thanks