PDA

View Full Version : Labor rate for flower bed

Flatop
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM
This will be my first time performing landscape for flower bed. Property owner would like to replace current plastic edge with bricks. Attached is a picture of the flower bed and the two type of brick (undecided which she wants to use) The total measurement is 26’ 7”. Need help in determining the labor hours it would take a professional to accomplish this task with just one person. I don’t want to charge them more than what it would normally cost for labor since I will be going slowly to ensure I do a thorough job. A step by step procedure would also be appreciated.

Hardscaping
09-07-2008, 05:34 PM
brick type A will take longer as it will need cutting and the brick type B will not require as much if any cutting depending on indside radius used. you would have to determine the block to be used first as one is easier to install then the other one.

I did a flower planter the one pictured in one day including planting and cutting everything start to finish only had to go back the next day for clean up. Total time including me picking block and plants up and deciding on the plants at the nursery and the clean up it took 14 hours. this includes planting and taking my lunch and everything.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/bboyfrost_7/DSC00136.jpg

Hardscaping
09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
it was 50 feet of blocks and i had to cut about half of them and there was a 4inch base of 3\4" clear stone under the blocks. the blocks are two high al the way across.

Flatop
09-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Hardscaping,
The flower bed looks good. Still waiting for the couple to confirm which bricks they would like to use. They would like it to be 2 bricks high and in some areas it will be 3 or 4 high due to the slope of the yard. Still seeking a quote on the man hours require for this task.

Hardscaping
09-08-2008, 12:59 AM
well you need to know how many blocks you will be using to figure the man hours. you also need to figure how many times you will step up from the bottom layer this takes extra time as well.