PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean up or Turf enhancement

Grasskeepers
09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I was thinking of strarting to call my spring clean ups a Turf enhancement Program. i'm finding spring clean up a little misleading. For $200 I dethatch, trim, mow, aerate, and fertilize. I quote these over the phone, if i get there address i know the average size of the lawn. I get to some yards and the grass is knee high, or full of dog ****, or they never raked one leaf from the year before.

Should i advertise Turf enhancement Program or Spring Clean up?

What should be extras?

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I like the Turf Program, We call our lawn maintenance, Turf Management Services

nnj18
01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
A spring cleanup and what you're offering are two totally different things. A "cleanup" is blowing off the lawn of any leaves, all branches and sticks removed, beds edge and 1st mowing. What you're doing is more of a turf enhancement or renovation almost...

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 01:12 PM
What Are you including in a Spring Clean-Up, with our clean ups we go craxy we ever overseed if needed.

nnj18
01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
What Are you including in a Spring Clean-Up, with our clean ups we go craxy we ever overseed if needed.

are you talking to me?? if so read my last post, I listed what I include in a "Spring Cleanup". Now if the customer wants it aerated, overseeded and dethached, I consider it a lawn renovation. But combining it sound like a good idea, might be easier to upsell it.......I'll have to try it out this year and see what people say...

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
 Inspect Landscaped/bedded Areas
 Remove dead, damaged and diseased portions of plants
 Rake or power blow clean bedded areas of debris
 Cut off last years flower stalks & dead foliage, remove fallen branches and debris from beds, trim shrubs and cut down ornamental grasses
 All leaves debris and clippings will be disposed off site
 Small Trees will be pruned of crossing, damaged, weak, diseased portions to all new growth
 Power edge landscape bedded areas
 Lawn Areas to be blown and raked Clean
 Gravel in lawn by road will be removed
 Beds Around Trees will be edged
This is some of what we do in our clean ups Average selling price $600-$3500 depending on size

nnj18
01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm gonna have to try that out, sounds like an easy way to get people to sign up for more services....I've been finding it harder and hard to get people to have me aerate and overseed the lawn here....

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Up selling is everything, People dont know that they need to have there lawns aerated educating your clients is everything. If you need more advice on up selling Id be happy to help you

NEWGUYRI
01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Do you guys aerate in the spring? Also is it commonly expected to dethatch

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
We aerate Spring and Fall, and Dethatch or power rake as we call it for the spring clean-up

nnj18
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
green, yah man any help would be great.....pm me

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Here my work Number, 970-333-9034. My company Doses 35 Million A yr. Id be more than happy to help ya out

nnj18
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
OK, thanx man!!! What time is good for you?

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Any time, You can Call me around 6 PM Colorado Time

GreenAssociates
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Where in NJ are you out of?

Valk
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Overseeding in the Spring AND pre-emergents don't go well together as you all well know...something to consider if they have chemical lawn treatments done by another company. Training customers with regards to reasonable expectations is a key element to customer contentment. :rolleyes:

Tyler7692
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
No offense, but I find the term "Turf Management Services" funny as hell. Everybody is looking for a "more dignified, professional" term for what they do.

Cutting grass isn't rocket science.

Actually, I sometimes get irritated with the way people view the complexity of their "business".

Just a half-drunken rant here....

GreenAssociates
01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Your right cutting grass is not rocket science, We dont just cut grass, We manage there turf and landscape, Maintenance is defined as keeping something the same, Management is always improving the area. We go above and beyond mowing lawns when we take care of landscapes I get at least $150- for 10,000 s.f.
As to the overseeding comment, If a lawn is in such bad shape that we are overseeding in the spring we don't use pre-emergence we wait.

nnj18
01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm in Rockaway, I'll call you tommorow around 2 or 3 if that's cool with you??

GreenAssociates
01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
nnj18 that works for me look foward to speaking with you torrmow

Kennedy Landscaping
01-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll be doing a cleanup on the 17th of March and here is the list of whats goin down:
-Removal Of Leaves
-Trim All Hedges
-Remove All Brush/Sticks
-Rake/Blow All Beds
-Rake/Blow The Lawn
-Mow The Lawn, Edge and Trim As Well
-Blow Sidewalks and Whatnot and Go To The Next Job

BeautifulBlooms
01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Lawn and Landscape spring cleanups are two different things.

I am thinking of addng a spring tine raking in the spring to get the lawn perky after the snow melts, break up any snow mold that might actually be there, and also remove the leaves that may have been in the thatch layer. This of course would be extra to a simple mowing customer.

As for the landscape a spring cleanup is removing of the leaves and debris from all beds, any pruning necessary from winter damage, and we also include a fertilizer app to all shrubs and perennials areas, as well as an pre-emergent herbicide treatment to all beds.