PDA

View Full Version : New Bobcat Toolcat???

bobcat_ron
09-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Do my eyes deceive me or did Bobcat make a major design change to the Toolcat and renumber it to the 5610?

Looks kinda neat, and that goofy dump box is finally gone!

http://www.bobcat.com/utility_machines/toolcat/toolcat_5610

KCfireman
09-07-2008, 05:57 PM
are you doing some reconnaissance work behind enemy lines Ron????:laugh::laugh:

ksss
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
are you doing some reconnaissance work behind enemy lines Ron????:laugh::laugh:

You might be on to something. We never heard what brought him to the local Power Tan Super Store either. I think he is up to something.

Bleed Green
09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
looks more like they tried to make it like a tractor to me, seeing as though you can pull attachments behind you with this toolcat.

ksss
09-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Looks like you need to buy a box for it if you want to haul something or pull a trailer. That might make some unhappy.

RockSet N' Grade
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
BoobCat Salesman dropped a 5600 Tool Cat by the Ranchette here last week or two ago and let me "demo" it for an entire weekend. I really kinda liked it, especially the two person seating arrangement in the cab. I moved some dirt, drove it around (very tight turning radius) and then sent it on its merry way.........for $40k it is a bit spendy for a ranch run-about.

ksss
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
BoobCat Salesman dropped a 5600 Tool Cat by the Ranchette here last week or two ago and let me "demo" it for an entire weekend. I really kinda liked it, especially the two person seating arrangement in the cab. I moved some dirt, drove it around (very tight turning radius) and then sent it on its merry way.........for $40k it is a bit spendy for a ranch run-about.

This one has the PTO and three point arrangement you were asking about.:cool2:

Green Team Landscaping
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Whats the point of those? I dont really get them. Like what makes that better than a regular Bobcat?

RockSet N' Grade
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Yea Ksss, got hydraulics and pto to the rear.......it would make a nice little run around for some one's "estate" or on a working ranch or horse operation. I liked the ride, had some power to it, cruised up and down the road at 20mph or so, and was pretty darn stable. It's not really a skid, its more like a working gator or whatever those things are that are bigger than 4 wheelers. We had 4-5 folks drop by and cruise in it.....kind of a novelty right now....

bobcat_ron
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
You might be on to something. We never heard what brought him to the local Power Tan Super Store either. I think he is up to something.

Mu-ha-ha-ha, and I am making a stop over at the Takeuchi dealer's lot after I pick up a bucket from DAEQUIP on Tuesday. But I'll never tell.........:nono:

But back to the Toolcat, they want to make it more "tractor" like, I know of a few orchard and berry farmers that want a fully enclosed cab on a tractor for their 3 point implements, but they don't want the massive height of a tractor, I can see one of these making a major debut in the Valley here.

Tigerotor77W
09-07-2008, 07:27 PM
It's in addition to the 5600... but apparently runs a bit more expensive for the rear 3 pt. and PTO.

RockSet N' Grade
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
The 5600 and 5610 have lots of buttons inside. One controls the wheels and steering system: it can either be just front wheel turning or "presto-chango" both axles turn creating a very tight turning radius. The motor is mid mounted so it is not front/rear heavy. The loader arms in front do not come off. I moved some dirt and pushed a pile or two and it will lift the 1,500 pounds or more that they say it will. I had the salesman in with me and asked him about side sloping with this machine....he didn't know what I meant so I demonstrated and asked him if he knew what the tip over angle was.......we did not find out on that little trip.....If I had to choose between a small tractor to run my place or a tool cat, I would lean towards the tool cat if the price were a tad bit more reasonable.

Junior M
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
That would be awesome to have! but I would like to have the use of a bed though.. But I bet that the three point is a b!tch to hook up!

I could see that being alot of use on the family farm in ohio and even like hunting in ohio instead of dragging our deer out..but you would have to have the bed for that.. I think that is the one thing that wouldnt sell me on that..

YellowDogSVC
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I have a Toolcat and really like it. I have 26gpm at 3000 psi so I can run some high flow attachments but not my mower. It is only rated at 1500 lbs but easily lifts and places my 2300lb mulcher on my flatbed. I also use it's grapple and 4n1 bucket often. It digs post holes better than my skids and the dump bed is great. Will quickly dump dirt, debris, whatever. We have used it for demo haul off, working in tight locations, and soon I will add a small chipper to the front for fence line clearing. I have the PTO on the rear but not the 3pt because mine is a B series and has the dump bed. I also have the A/C which rivals my truck A/C and it has enough lights to work at night. I also like it's AWS. It ran my sgx stump grinder just fine even though Bobcat said it wouldn't.

Cons: very low ground clearance, crappy tires (8 ply), rough ride, and the doors are horrible. Other than that, it's useful around the ranch and fun to take on the road to visit the neighbors. It kept me in business when I didn't have my big machine because I could still drill holes and stack brush for neighbors. If I had to do it over, I probably would have skipped it and just kept my s300 which I sold to buy this but for people that are in other than land clearing and site work, this machine is great.

mrsops
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a Toolcat and really like it. I have 26gpm at 3000 psi so I can run some high flow attachments but not my mower. It is only rated at 1500 lbs but easily lifts and places my 2300lb mulcher on my flatbed. I also use it's grapple and 4n1 bucket often. It digs post holes better than my skids and the dump bed is great. Will quickly dump dirt, debris, whatever. We have used it for demo haul off, working in tight locations, and soon I will add a small chipper to the front for fence line clearing. I have the PTO on the rear but not the 3pt because mine is a B series and has the dump bed. I also have the A/C which rivals my truck A/C and it has enough lights to work at night. I also like it's AWS. It ran my sgx stump grinder just fine even though Bobcat said it wouldn't.

Cons: very low ground clearance, crappy tires (8 ply), rough ride, and the doors are horrible. Other than that, it's useful around the ranch and fun to take on the road to visit the neighbors. It kept me in business when I didn't have my big machine because I could still drill holes and stack brush for neighbors. If I had to do it over, I probably would have skipped it and just kept my s300 which I sold to buy this but for people that are in other than land clearing and site work, this machine is great.

yellow how is everything working out with your s330?

Junior M
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I was about to ask the same thing.. and hey how come your the only one, yellow, that can buy new iron talk about it for two weeks and then never post pics? come on man! I would like to see the beast with the mower on it setting on your trailer behind your ford!

kreft
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Same here!

YellowDogSVC
09-08-2008, 10:21 PM

I really like the machine. Have all the bells and whistles, high flow, hand controls, ride control, etc. and like it a lot. Much sturdier than my 272c was and though I stripped the wheel weights, rear door weights, and put smaller tires on, it is still quite steady.

YellowDogSVC
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I was about to ask the same thing.. and hey how come your the only one, yellow, that can buy new iron talk about it for two weeks and then never post pics? come on man! I would like to see the beast with the mower on it setting on your trailer behind your ford!

CUZ I was about broke and been working like a dog! I got a new blackberry that takes good pics. Will take some pics. Got a new truck (new to me last Thursday). My cousin called me, he's a car salesman, said he just got an '08 F350 CC DRW 4x4 lariat and only wanted $36,500 for it. Had 11k miles so I jumped on it. I am against buying new vehicles and hadn't planned on it until I had a lot of issues this year with my '05 6.0 Ford. Glad I did it. Though I haven't put a flabed on it yet, I can still pull my chipper or the s330 or toolcat on the factory hitch which is a class V.

I will surely post ya'll some pics. The S330 is already got a lot of scratches from the woods. That's cedar for ya!

YellowDogSVC
09-08-2008, 10:36 PM

check out my website at www.brushchipping.com. I have a picture of the s300 with mower. It's identical to the s330 except the 330 is a little cleaner and has a bigger motor in the back.

Junior M
09-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I thought you used a gooseneck? I dont know maybe I just thought that up somewhere, I am not sure, but that was a good deal on the truck.. Why are you going to put a flatbed on it? I am just curious.. Oh, and what motor does the '08 have in it? I cant remember what it comes in it...

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I run a flatbed so I can go home and switch attachments. If I need to run something to the shop, I don't have to take the trailer. Nowday's with the GVWR of trucks, you need a CDL to pull an empty gooseneck.

I will have to put a flatbed on the truck. It's a real shame. That thing is a cadillac inside and out but it can't make as much money for me as is. The flatbed is very versatile. I can make it a few months with the stock truck since my other flatbed is running for now.

bobcat_ron
09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Nice website!!

CarterKraft
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
YellowDog, I thought I warned you about the Ford's?:confused:

Did you still not listen?:hammerhead:

Just messing with you but seriously did you get another diesel,

how's the MPG on that baby. :cool2:

Junior M
09-09-2008, 03:10 PM
that is a nice website yellow, so you do run a gooseneck?

CAT powered
09-09-2008, 04:13 PM
The 08 diesel is a 6.4 liter. Sounds like a slick rig, Yellowdog.

How much did that chipper run you?

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM
YellowDog, I thought I warned you about the Ford's?:confused:

Did you still not listen?:hammerhead:

Just messing with you but seriously did you get another diesel,

how's the MPG on that baby. :cool2:

I couldn't pass on that price and my cousin vouched for the truck. The Dodge and Chevy dealer couldn't touch it price-wise and though I really, really liked the allison duramax combo, the truck is only 12k GVWR. It's components are lighter and smaller than Fords. Here in the hills, trucks get roughed up on. It's the 6.4.

So far, my wife is driving the truck. I took it to about 70 miles and it got 12.5 mpg. Sucks bad.

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 05:09 PM
that is a nice website yellow, so you do run a gooseneck?

used to run goose about 9 years ago. Switched to cab and flatbed then crew cab and flatbed with 16' 12k trailer. Hauls everything I need. I switch easy to the chipper and my 12' dump trailer (wish I would have gotten a longer one).

I work in a lot of tight areas clearing under trees and powerlines etc. Having the ability to haul my attachments to the Bobcat without dragging a trailer is a plus. In a perfect world, I'd have a nice pickup but I'm a one man dog and pony show so I need the versatility of a flatbed. My startup costs are so high, though, everytime I get a different truck. Tools, flatbed, compressor, fuel tank. I believe in redundancy. I have gotten burned too many times by not having backups or a backup plan. I just wish I could clone myself. I have 3 girls and no friends :dizzy:

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
The 08 diesel is a 6.4 liter. Sounds like a slick rig, Yellowdog.

How much did that chipper run you?

If I had to replace that chipper it would be just shy of 100k. I've seen a used one for about 46k and I'd like to have it as a back up but can't justify that plus I'm running out of covered space. That chipper really has helped me supplement my income. I only have 1000 hours on it over 5+ years but I get $125-150 hour and up on a few select jobs. I just don't use it all that much unless the job is right. Seems I make a better income with the Bobcat and grapple or Bobcat and brush mower but the extra $20-30k a year that thing brings in helps. If brush mowers weren't so popular, I'd be using it more but people don't mind paying for a brush mulcher which is slow as heck compared to this thing. Even when you factor in shearing and stacking, it is still faster than any skid steer brush mower on chipping large trees. I can do a 30' -15" tree in less than 2 minutes and often faster. I can do 20' x 20" tree in about 2.5 minutes and sometimes faster if chip chute don't clog. I can chip two 10" trees or three 6" trees at the same time and really crank up the feed wheels. I'll have to get a better video. Problem is, I am always out in the woods by myself and I almost never take breaks except to move to another pile. I'll try and remember to get one, though. If someone takes the time to learn the loader joysticks, a machine like this can make some money on a land clearing job.

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
here's a pic of the truck and the toolcat for jlm

Lawnworks
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
That toolcat is sweeet! It is like a tractor and rtv in one... I love it.

Junior M
09-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Dang!! I dont like fords but that thing looks good!!

What kind of mulcher head do you use?

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Dang!! I dont like fords but that thing looks good!!

What kind of mulcher head do you use?

I have a CAT mulcher. It's a CAT branded FAE. I love it though I wish it was lower profile and thus lighter.

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 09:27 PM
That toolcat is sweeet! It is like a tractor and rtv in one... I love it.

it really is a neat machine. I got a heck of a deal on it so I jumped on it.

RockSet N' Grade
09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
YellowDog....now that you have had the toolcat for awhile, what are it's negatives.....I for one, really like the idea and concept.

CarterKraft
09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I couldn't pass on that price and my cousin vouched for the truck. The Dodge and Chevy dealer couldn't touch it price-wise and though I really, really liked the allison duramax combo, the truck is only 12k GVWR. It's components are lighter and smaller than Fords. Here in the hills, trucks get roughed up on. It's the 6.4.

So far, my wife is driving the truck. I took it to about 70 miles and it got 12.5 mpg. Sucks bad.

I was pulling your leg.

I have had a Ford diesel since 1995, I have owned every rendition except the 6.X liter series, and I never will. When I had my 02' my father in law sold his 01' and bought a shiny new 03' and has cussed ford ever since.

They ended up buying the truck back pre Lemon lawsuit and sold him a 06' King Ranch, which he recently traded for a 08' Dmax/ALLi 3500.

I still have my 02' PSD Excursion and as long as I can see I will still have it.

There aren't many more died in the wool ford diesel fans but I hate to say it... not anymore.

Good luck though.

YellowDogSVC
09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
YellowDog....now that you have had the toolcat for awhile, what are it's negatives.....I for one, really like the idea and concept.

At least through C series (I have a late B).

cons- rough ride, crappy door (no roll down window), radiator prone to clog if you mow, B series lift arm rollback is so weak it's dangerous (they supposedly fixed that on C series), did I mention rough ride?, low ground clearance, and not much leg room on driver side and passenger side due to wheel wells, too much glass, and low lift height (but I can load my flatbed just fine). Maintenance and lubing requires either a midget or ramps.

Pros, narrow width makes fence line work easy, fast travel speed, two speed, aws, quite a bit of hp and hydro flow for a small machine 26 gpm at 3000 psi with 56 hp kubota. Cold A/C, built in Roof protector, easy to use, powerful and fast response dump bed, fast respone loader arm and good hydro flow. I would like to have seen it a bit wider and with different suspension. D series fixed the suspension and I think C and D moved the motor around. It's tough to service as is. I had to repair a hydro line to the lift arm. Took a day and a half to get the seat out, get to the control valve and feed the line up to the cylinder. I imagine the 2nd time I do it I can have it done in about 4 hours if I work hard and remember what I did last time.

I can't really complain. just pointing out some cons which Bobcat obviously addressed in later models. It really is cool. Though I don't use it the way I thought I would, nobody on the ranch wants to get rid of it and get a 2nd Bobcat. They love it that much and I haven't even started collecting attachments for it and it's pto. I'm thinking rear pull behind pto mower, winch, generator, pump, wood splitter for the front, and maybe a winch to hook into the rear receiver. The possibilities are endless if you think about it. I saw one converted to a flatbed fire truck..no crap. a little brush truck! Has the hydro to run a pump and can haul some weight in the bed. It's rated at 2k but can handle more i'm sure.

bobcat_ron
09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
And just for the record, even though I despise Bobcat, I have always thought the ToolCat is one of the best innovations they have come out with, that would be 1 Bobcat product I wouldn't hesitate for a second to purchase if I had a large property to maintain.

CarterKraft
09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I aggree with the coolness but I the price is wohoo expensive.

We got a Kubota RTV 900 when they first came out and really love it. They have the new one out now and I wonder if you coudn't do allot of that stuff with it instead of the tool cat.

Of course there aren't any loader arms or 3 point as far as I know but it does have limited hyd capabillity that all the other attachments might be used on and did I mention the price! $13k is allot less than $40K.

If you have to have the loader or higher flow rate then you are kinda stuck.

Junior M
09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree with the buying thing and it being a really good idea, ron, but I also think the A300 with the steerable wheels was a great idea.. has anyone ever ran one?

BrandonV
09-10-2008, 04:12 PM
I own a toolcat and I like it a lot, with the usually bobcat problems... sensors not working, leaking cylinder, sensor not working again. but its a a great design (the original) I'm not crazy about this one because I don't think the balance is right... look how far off the back that implement is, and I'd bet to run anything w/ weight you'd have to predominately have a load on the front as well. I assume all this because I have a german made tractor that is essentially the same thing (can't remember the manufacture off hand, but we call it the moonbuggy) we have front and rear pto/3pt hitch and we've used it to spray because it is difficult to mow w/ because the wheelbase is so short a heavy bush hog or etc really affect the steering. I'd bet this would perform similarly.

BrynBaily
09-10-2008, 05:03 PM
The college where my wife goes has a few of these they use for snow removal, grounds maintenance , and mulching/top soil jobs etc.. I suppose for the right person they would be the ticket but for our family farm I don't think it would hold up to the abuse we dish out.

YellowDogSVC
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
just wait 'till bobcat unveils its 2 seater, compact versahandler with 90 hp, high flow, and a 15' reach aws and crab steering.

okay. they aren't working on that but it would be a neat machine for jobsites especially if you can train an operator and move people around.

Tigerotor77W
09-11-2008, 12:15 AM
I got a new blackberry that takes good pics.

SWEET! What BB? I absolutely love mine... it's arguably the first purchase in a long time that I have no qualms about whatsoever. (though I probably just jinxed it)

YellowDogSVC
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I got the little curve. So far, it's pain with my big fingers. I can at least take quality pics and email them from a job site.

RentalGuy
09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree with the buying thing and it being a really good idea, ron, but I also think the A300 with the steerable wheels was a great idea.. has anyone ever ran one?

I have operated the A220 and the A300 on various jobs related to parking lot sweeping and landscaping projects over existing grass. They are awesome machines.

Junior M
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Nice I wouldnt mind owning one but I need tracks.. do they still make them?