PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to have any type of license to do pressure washing?

T.Brandon
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
If so what is needed? looking to start power washing and do my lawn care on the side? Do you think power washing is worth getting into? let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Todd

Lawn-Sharks
09-07-2008, 11:46 PM
If you have a occupation license now for lawn & landscaping, that should be good enough if not maybe a handyman's license???? :confused: Anything thats in demand and pays money is worth doing.

T.Brandon
09-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I am in the process of getting my Lawn license and Getting insured.
Thanks for the info man

CCPC
09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
It really depends on what your specific state requires. Some states require a handyman's license to preform pressure washing and roof cleaning services, while others, Like my company here in Jacksonville, Florida, have no state licensing requirements to operate a pressure washing or roof cleaning business.
You also need to check with your county and/or city which may require a occupational license, etc.

Most importantly, you need to inform your liability insurance company that you will be offering pressure washing services, as lawn insurance and pressure washing insurance are two completely different animals.

Lastly, do your homework on how to clean exteriors THE RIGHT WAY. I would suggest spending quite a bit of time at a few of the pressure washing forums that can easily be found on the web. They will save you time, hassle, and money as you begin your endeavor. Good Luck!!!

T.Brandon
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks alot man! I have been reading this forum quite a bit. The thing im a little sketchy with is the chemical and what to use it on, Im looking to spend about 6k pressure washer with a enclosed trailer. Im looking to do parking lots,driveways, and office buildings because I hear alot of folks ***** about this and that on siding on homes