PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care company for sale, equipment and customer accounts in AA Co. Maryland

Aaron's Lawn Care
09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm beginning the process of selling my lawn care company. I am looking to talk to SERIOUS buyers only. I can no longer continue working in this industry because of health reasons and am going to be finding a new career. My company provides lawn mowing, landscaping, snow removal, services for my customers. I also do aerating and misc. lawn care jobs such as trimming hedges.

Here are some details. Of course, I will discuss a lot more in depth with a serious buyer:

Business founded in 2004
60+ residential customers (80% of those in the Severn, Hanover, Gambrills, Arundel Mills area), with many of these accounts next door to each other where you can do anywhere from 2-8 lawns in one stop. Last week I did over 60 lawns and drove about 70 miles for the week. I do not have contracts for any of them, I just never went that route with them. Avg lawn is about $42 for 1/4 acre houses.
2 commercial customers

2004 Ford F250 (just bought 2 months ago), 40k miles, 4x4
16' landscaping trailer with racks for blower/trimmer/edger
1 year old 60" Gravely ZTR (less than 200 hours on the mower)
4 year old 36" Yazoo Kees walk behind mower, with Velke stand on attachment
Redmax weed eater (2 years old), blower (1 year old), edger (4 years old)
Redmax hedge trimmer (2 years old, only used maybe 10 times)

There is still plenty of work to be done this year, $10k+ to be made between mowing until November, leaf cleanups, and snow removal. Then of course you can start things up in the spring, YOUR WAY. I will help the buyer (the extent of help such as just turning the business over to the new owner, or maybe going to each and every lawn with them, will be outlined in our sale contract).

I am willing to sell everything in 1 of 2 ways:

1. All of the equipment, truck, and customers together.
2. All of the equipment and customers together.

I won't part out the equipment because if I don't have a buyer, I need to maintain the accounts until I find a buyer. The equipment/truck is valued a little over $30k. I am putting a value on my accounts of $25k. I have heard a number of different ways to figure the value of accounts and that is what I have come up with. I have run this business as a solo op. and grossed almost $60k last year with minimal extra jobs (landscaping, spring/fall cleaups, aeration, etc.) and am on pace to make more than that this year. You could make more than that with these accounts if you have a larger company and could push bigger jobs. I don't have the equipment/man power to get those kind of jobs done.

Please PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested since I don't think you can post email addresses on here.

Aaron's Lawn Care
09-22-2008, 07:39 AM
I am now willing to sell just the customer accounts by themselves and sell the truck/equipment seperate.

yellowcody
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Hello,

I was just seeing if you still had your company for sale.

Thanks for your time, Dean

HBLandscaping
03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Let me know if and when you sell you accounts and still have the equipment.

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Hello,

I was just seeing if you still had your company for sale.

Thanks for your time, Dean

Yes it is still for sale.

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Let me know if and when you sell you accounts and still have the equipment.

Will do, thanks.

Kensington Handyman
03-16-2009, 01:48 AM
hey Aaron, I might be Interested! I have purchased two other companies accts. in the past. As they were closer to my area, I am not sure how to proceed with this. How does one get in touch? I will be watching this site for a reply. thanks!

Marek
03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
AAron is a good guy, I met him last fall. He has a nice set up with a tight route.

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
hey Aaron, I might be Interested! I have purchased two other companies accts. in the past. As they were closer to my area, I am not sure how to proceed with this. How does one get in touch? I will be watching this site for a reply. thanks!

Sorry it took so long, but I haven't been checking the site lately. You can contact me at 443-995-7528 or email at aaronslawncare@gmail.com.

AAron is a good guy, I met him last fall. He has a nice set up with a tight route.

Thanks!

Aaron's Lawn Care
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
BTW, everything is still for sale. I've lowered my asking price for the accounts after talking to a few different people and realizing I might be asking a bit much. I will discuss $ amounts with anyone who is seriously interested.

Allens LawnCare
03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Any chance you have a JRCO rake

S&WLawn
05-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Still have everything for sale? What is the asking price now? Would you be willing to make some sort of arrangement where you still retain certain rights and a profit % until everything can be taken over or paid for?