PDA

View Full Version : Unilock Concord

JimmyStew
09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
For all of you Unilock fans, I think there is a dealer about an hour from me and I'll give them a call tomorrow, but in the meantime...

are the Concord wall stones sold on mixed pallets, or can you buy specific sizes?

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I had a chance to call the dealer this morning. Turns out, they are sold as individual units which is good. The bad...I was quoted a price of $9.50 per unit - that works out to over $30 per face foot! Are you guys paying that much???

zedosix
09-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Never used the concorde block, is it new?

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't think so. I found it in last years catalog and it didn't say it was new then. But to be honest with you, I am very unfamiliar with the Unilock line. I received some literature from a dealer that started carrying it last season, so I have yet to try any of the product.

zedosix
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I use unilock about 60% of the time, and I've never heard of concorde, possibly you mean "copthorne" ???

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.unilock.com/products/product.php?prodid=0000000071

zedosix
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Nothing there on concorde.

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.unilock.com/products/product.php?prodid=71

is this any better?

zedosix
09-09-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.unilock.com/products/product.php?prodid=71

is this any better?

I see the website, what I mean is there is NO information that I can see on "concorde". Maybe I'm missing something.

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 03:44 PM
The links I posted where supposed to be to the Unilock product page for Concord Wall.

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Here is a pic from the website...

zedosix
09-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Thats pisa stone with revers-a-cap. Old stuff, didn't think unilock sells it. Very solid product but the capstone may have to be hand split.

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Different strokes for different folks...

We are talking about the same product. If you go to the Unilock website, they ask you to select a region. I am in the northeast US where that product is apparently sold as Concord. In your neck of the woods, Ontario/Quebec they call it Pisa2. Having said that, lets go back to my original question. Does $30 a face foot sound right for pricing??

wurkn with amish
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM
No that's way high for pisa 2. or Risi stone. never heard it called concorde wall.
that stuff retails for max $8.25 double unit.
you have to bust them apart to get that rough face.
corner units are roughly double in price.

JimmyStew
09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
No that's way high for pisa 2. or Risi stone. never heard it called concorde wall.
that stuff retails for max $8.25 double unit.
you have to bust them apart to get that rough face.
corner units are roughly double in price.

So are you saying that one unit is actually two pieces that haven't been split yet. So I'm actually paying 9.50 for 2, thus $15 per face foot. I think I'll have to plan a trip to the dealer to take a look at it.

PatriotLandscape
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Unilock being a national seller has a few different names for their products. One reason for it here in the northeast is that they sold the rights to the mold to Ideal Concrete Block which markets the block as Pisa 2 and Roman Pisa. Now that Unilock is selling in the north east they needed a new name for the product.

It all depends on your location as to what the stone is called. Thats also why on the website you need to pick your region before you get the information.

And yes on the concord/pisa you have to split your own stones.

Total Landscape Solutions
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
At the Uxbridge, MA Unilock plant the Concord Wall block now comes pre-split.

They are still sold as a "double unit" but they are split on the skid.

They have corners too.

zedosix
09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
So are you saying that one unit is actually two pieces that haven't been split yet. So I'm actually paying 9.50 for 2, thus $15 per face foot. I think I'll have to plan a trip to the dealer to take a look at it.

Just fyi it takes 3 blocks of pisa to equal one face foot. Or 1.5 units. Thats too cheap to go for a sq.ft. of pisa installed.

PatriotLandscape
09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Pisa or concorde wall should run about 10-14 a square foot

zedosix
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Pisa or concorde wall should run about 10-14 a square foot

You gotta be kidding

PatriotLandscape
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
You gotta be kidding

He is asking for a material cost. at least thats what I thought.

zedosix
09-10-2008, 09:59 PM
He is asking for a material cost. at least thats what I thought.

Ok thats better, phew!

JimmyStew
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
The dealer quoted me a price of $9.50 per double unit so this would be $14.25 per face foot which seems in line with other styles. I'm a bit confused about the need to split the units myself. Anyone with insight on why this would be??

And yes, I'm talking about material costs only.

zedosix
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
The dealer quoted me a price of $9.50 per double unit so this would be $14.25 per face foot which seems in line with other styles. I'm a bit confused about the need to split the units myself. Anyone with insight on why this would be??

And yes, I'm talking about material costs only.

Its been that way for as long as I can remember. Thats why I try to buy the roman pisa, its pre split. I guess its just one less thing the manu. needs to do, less waste and quicker packaging.

AztlanLC
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I use to do a lot of that wall but is a pain and expensive, I like a little better roman pisa but that is the most expensive wall in my area unless the customer don't mind the price.
Is not that is a bad wall is just that there are much more installer friendly products out there for less price.
The real pain is splitting the units (in my area there is no pre-split blocks) if doing staircases you have to account for corners which are priced almost double, + the fact that for many years unilock hasn't being able to correct the difference in thickness in relation to the wall and you have to shim every corner, trying to do build a vertical wall or build pillars, then you have to notch half of the upper lip.

zedosix
09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
the fact that for many years unilock hasn't being able to correct the difference in thickness in relation to the wall and you have to shim every corner, trying to do build a vertical wall or build pillars, then you have to notch half of the upper lip.

So true, we use butyl tape to counter the difference.