PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a nice sized corrugated board for a liftgate sign?

stevaside711
09-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Looks like Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, Home Depot don't even cary them. I found a few sites online but seems you always have to buy them in bundles. I just need one (maybe 36" x36") and I plan to buy some stick on letters to make my own sign or if I can find somewhere to make a custom sign at a decent price for me I might do it that way.

Any info would be appreciated -if anyone could tell me where to get stick-on letters for cheap too preferably with a nice selection of fonts to choose that would be great.

Steve

LushGreenLawn
09-09-2008, 07:29 AM
One of those boards that you are talking about will blow right off your liftgate. The wind gets under them like a mattress and rips them right off. I would consider checking places like Lowes or Home Cheapo for a piece of aluminum.

Also, check your local sign shops, the price might not be as bad as you think, and home made signs never seem to come out looking professional.

CustomKare
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
If you are going to display it when you are a a stop go with a Banner. I got mine made at Bannershalfprice.com for $20 Otherwise get a magnet at stickerz.com. Great quality on both.

tedfrk
09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
besides that i dont think it would hold up to the weather

stevenf
09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I ordered 50 H-wire signs from supercheapsigns.com. I used two of them on my trailer, one on each side. I recommend them! Nice quality

kleankutslawn
09-10-2008, 12:43 AM
go to your local sign shop

Puddle of Oil
09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
if ur going to put an ad on ur lift gate then slap a thing of ply wood on the back. if u cant find someone to write up ur companys name (our ur to lazy to do it ur self, lol) on the plywood then take a look at buildasign.com. they have a huge variety of signs. never ordered plywood from them but they make some good signs. wonder how they would mail plywood, usps. lol

stevaside711
09-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks everybody. Yeah I think I'll definitely go with the plywood. Gotta make sure that MF is secure though, I just got my first trailer...lost the tag on the 1st day, made a temporary "lost tag" and just lost that too!!! I used 2 small masterlocks but guess me hauling ass on the highway yesterday ripped the cardboard right off. Oh well.

Steve

LushGreenLawn
09-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks everybody. Yeah I think I'll definitely go with the plywood. Gotta make sure that MF is secure though, I just got my first trailer...lost the tag on the 1st day, made a temporary "lost tag" and just lost that too!!! I used 2 small masterlocks but guess me hauling ass on the highway yesterday ripped the cardboard right off. Oh well.

Steve

If you want to look like Jed Clampett, Go with plywood. If you want to look professional, and save a little money in the process, go with aluminum.

ALC-GregH
09-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Aluminum would be your best bet..... you can find them on just about every street corner. Alittle cutting and sanding and your set. :laugh::laugh:

AI Inc
09-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Steal a homeless person house?