PDA

View Full Version : Couple jobs weve done this year

chevytrucks84
09-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Ive never posted pics of my jobs on here but thought I would see what you guys thought of a couple that we have done so far this year. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Patrick

chevytrucks84
09-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Heres a couple more from another job

mrusk
09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Here is some advice. Don't run a boarder paver where the patio butts up to a cap unit.

Next stop building 12" tall raised patios!!! They are unnecessary and a hazzard. Either add another step from the house are grade up to patio with dirt.

Junior M
09-09-2008, 07:12 AM
mrusk, How are they a hazzard? I am just curious why you say this..

neversatisfiedj
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
What type of slab steps are they going up the hill >?

How did you attach the handrails to the caps ?

Lite4
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Looks nice. Are those Belgard products?

TLS
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
mrusk, How are they a hazzard?

People can fall off and hurt themselves.

Sounds silly, but I've personally seen it happen.

Just as silly as people walking into sliding glass doors and patio screens.

I'm not a fan of the soldier course up against the cap either.

Work looks great otherwise!

chevytrucks84
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
The steps going up the hill are a product made by mysticrete (www.mysticrete.com) they only weigh 80 pounds. It is made to mimic natural stone but if you had natural next to this product you could definitly tell the differnece but most HO's wouldn't be able to and the savings in labor and equipment is huge!

I didn't put the railing on but i did mount the system to the caps for it to be installed it is hard to explain but basically i ran a 7/16 bolt though the cap and then the fence company had these metal brackets that kinda look like something you would use to roiterssery (spelling i know but im in hurry) and i bolted them on before i mounted the caps and put as much adhesive on there as would possibly fit. And it is solid as a rock now.

Everything is Allan block walls and paverlock pavers

Thanks for the replies I appreciate the criticism keep it coming

Patrick

zedosix
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm not a fan of the allan block, and especially the larger capstones on the curves, its not that nice to look at. Putting a border up to the caps is ok in my mind because it takes away from the sharp edge that you get from cutting. Personal choice there. Material choice makes a big difference and your work would improve visually by changing to a better block system.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Why is the wall in pic #2 look like its running down hill? Not a bad job, this just really caught my eye.

iowa
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Don't like that block or caps at all...

LB1234
09-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Whats with the circle...or 'squished' circle in the first pic. Was it an afterthought? Why not build the radius of the wall to match the circle...just curious.

Baseballer1100
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Whats a hazzard?

Mike33
09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I used ab for years now switched to cornerstone. Wall # 2 is not level, if that was the tolerance on a 75' wall it would be fine but not that short distance. I guess you used the courtyard for the double sided wall? They are a pita to work out. I have never seen couryard laid on top of a regular ab block before. How did it work for you?
Mike

Hardscaping
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
yeah either the house is unlevel or the wall is. lets hope the house is unlevel.

westernmdlawn
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey Mike... So why after all these years did you switch to Cornerstone? Is PM&C a dealer for them still? How does it compare to EP HENRY?