PDA

View Full Version : is this guy on Ls? Is this anyones equipement?

roscioli
09-09-2008, 08:22 AM
This guy has equipment listed in the vermont section of craigslist. I asked him how much, and his prices were basically the prices as new. I said "not discounting it much" and he replied "how do you know what it was new? got to start someplace". Asked him if he had papers, said he bought it all off a guy in a bar one night. Equipment includes a scag ztr with bagger, a 16', a 10, misc handhelds, and a gravely wb I think.
Seems suspicous. I told him no papers, no sale.

roscioli
09-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Well he swears its not stolen, yet will not talk about paperwork. He started getting wise as soon as I asked about it, here is his response after I told him I wasn't interested in stolen equipment, " Never said no paper work.
You really should find something else to do.
Replying to ads that request SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY means
people that really wnat to buy something.
Remember the phone number I gave you so we could meet,,,
Oh yeah !!! Who's the dumbass?????
You and your friend TJ ought to go get a job.
Leave craigslist for serious people not dreamers that will never have a pot to piss in.
Put up or shut up!!!!!"

:dizzy:

09-17-2008, 02:23 AM
sounds stolen to me.

STIHL GUY
09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
probalby stolen

carcrz
09-27-2008, 11:40 AM
ask for serial numbers.

kleankutslawn
10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
don't touch it,it may burn you!

rlpsystems
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, Sounds kind of suspicious to me. Any news yet on that stuff?

topsites
02-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Oh yeah sure, just so happened the guy had 10 or 20 thousand dollars cash on
him that night and lo and behold if there wasn't that fellow at the bar selling
just the equipment he was looking for :p

And that's all good but the thing I don't understand...

Now it really don't matter that much but I wouldn't be playing around with folks who use Craigslist,
that ain't no kiddie corner, there's some awful crap going on there.
Crack cocaine dealers, pimps, prostitutes and sex slaves, the federal agents investigating
the garbage so loaded guns and criminal records can be assumed, yes sir, probably some
stolen equipment too.

It's serious enough MSNBC mentions it in their documentaries about crime in America, yes, Craigslist.
Which is how I found out about it, and it's not isolated, it's all over the USA, not all of the ads by a long shot.
But certain ads have specific code words which to the everyday person don't mean a thing, but if you're a special
type of person looking for special merchandise then you know what it means, crap like that.

To call someone about a piece of equipment is one thing, but it sure isn't the type of crowd I would want to fool with,
say to call and see if I can find out if it's stolen, which even that's all right because you need to know for yourself this,
but then if I think it is to go ahead and start pursuing the issue :nono:

BQLC
02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
There are some adds you can highlight and there will be a message that is wriitten with a white font the way I found it was i was going to copy it over to word to save it because my printer was broke I believe it is used for all kind of shady activity

MileHigh
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
wheres the link?