PDA

View Full Version : The New guy

hustla3008
09-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi lawn-site community!!

I would like to introduce myself to everybody on this site. So how does a guy like me with no money and no clients really profit from this line of work..i already have some fliers i printed up for free..i would like to go from residential lawn care to commercial. what tips can you guys offer me to help me build a solid foundation to my personal business. any marketing advice or business advice would really be appreciated. thank you

:usflag:

lawnwizards
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
my advice would be to enroll in college and forget about lawn care. people assume since its a low cost start up, that anyone can do it. those who are ignorant of the ins and outs only hurt those existing companies that have busted their butt to get a solid price for their work. if you insist on lawn care, atleast enroll for a few business classes. goodluck.

mowerbrad
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
^^^I agree, enroll in some business classes to help teach you how to run a successfull profitable business. But like all businesses you have to start from the ground up. Start with just residentials for a few years. Advertise to get some customers and continue to advertise. If you do quality work you will notice that your customers will pass you name off to their friends and you will get even more work through your existing customers. Once you have been doing residentials for a few years start going after some small commercials to get a "feel" for them. From there you can then go to larger commercials. Upgrade your equipment as needed, especially if a larger mower will help to gain more accounts that you have lined up. If you do good work and make a name for yourself then you should be quite successful in this business. However it will take a lot of work and determination, it won't happen over night, you will need to really work at it. Best of luck to you!

rnd
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
advertise at the curb with lawn posting signs when you service your customers lawn. www.rndsigns.com offers cost effective posting signs.

hackitdown
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi lawn-site community!!

I would like to introduce myself to everybody on this site. So how does a guy like me with no money and no clients really profit from this line of work..i already have some fliers i printed up for free..i would like to go from residential lawn care to commercial. what tips can you guys offer me to help me build a solid foundation to my personal business. any marketing advice or business advice would really be appreciated. thank you

:usflag:

I suggest reading LawnSite.com