PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil Pricing for Lawn Care Companies!!

AmsoilPower
09-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Everyone that owns a lawn care company or any time of business for that matter is eligible for a Amsoil Commercial Account. The only stipulation is you must be the end user. These accounts are free and will not cost you a penny to have a account number. Also, you receive the best prices Amsoil has to offer. Yes, even better pricing than me the dealer!!!! No minimum purchases or quotas to fill. If you buy 1 quart of oil every 5 years------no problem!!!!

All I need to sign you up is your name, business name, mailing & shipping addresses, phone and email. Below is the current commercial price list that details everything you need to know as far as product pricing and shipping costs. If you ave any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. All commercial accounts are accepted!!!!

AmsoilPower
09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
BUMP for the new viewers.

Turf Dawg
09-23-2008, 12:48 AM
I am thinking about switching to Amsoil two-stroke mix. Do you recomend 80:1 or 100:1. Also what size bottles do I need to get to mix 2 or 2.5 gallons at a time? I hate to measure so I like the one time bottles.

AmsoilPower
09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
I am thinking about switching to Amsoil two-stroke mix. Do you recomend 80:1 or 100:1. Also what size bottles do I need to get to mix 2 or 2.5 gallons at a time? I hate to measure so I like the one time bottles.

I would go w/ the 80:1. This allows for some "mixing errors". You will need the 3.5oz bottles for 2-2.5 gallon cans.

mowranger
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM

I made the switch to Amsoil and very pleased with the results, we burn about 30+ gals a week in 2 stroke fuel. I am a little gun shy to go to 100:1 so I use the 80:1 ratio with no problems. It has a funny smell when it burns something like a race engine exhaust gas would smell like. It seems to burn cleaner with less carbon buildup which means better performance. I have tried many different oils all of them done what they were designed to do, but some had more of an issue with carbon buildup which sucks! Hope this helps

Lawn-Sharks
09-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Where do i sign up at??? here or your website???? I have just bought my second case of saber oil and like the performance from my equipment so much i will continue to keep using amsoil synthetic oil & and would like to get a commercial account. Thanks!

freedm2
09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Where do i sign up at??? here or your website???? I have just bought my second case of saber oil and like the performance from my equipment so much i will continue to keep using amsoil synthetic oil & and would like to get a commercial account. Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing.

meets1
09-23-2008, 10:03 PM
What is the cost difference? Does it really add up to changing oil every 50 - 75 hours or 3-4K on a truck? To make up the price difference?

pinto n mwr
09-23-2008, 11:06 PM
amsoil? Good product but the rest is a joke!
My old man is technically a dealer for the product and I cannot buy product thru him because it is more expensive than going to the store. I laugh at the non auto part stores that are an Amsoil dealer because I know that only educated people would buy the stuf and the same educated people would pay the low price versus the price of a dealer.

bare31
09-23-2008, 11:22 PM
I already have a preferred customer account, but would definitely be interested in a commercial account. So where do we sign up?

AmsoilPower
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM

Just PM or email me your name, business name, mail and shipping addresss, phone and email. I will take care of it from there and will let you know when I have your account number. Look forward to hearing from you and everyone else.

AmsoilPower
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
amsoil? Good product but the rest is a joke!
My old man is technically a dealer for the product and I cannot buy product thru him because it is more expensive than going to the store. I laugh at the non auto part stores that are an Amsoil dealer because I know that only educated people would buy the stuf and the same educated people would pay the low price versus the price of a dealer. I don't really see how this is possible. A dealer and a retail store basically have the same cost. A retail store is supposed to sell product at least the minimum retail price. A dealer can technically sell at whatever price he chooses but cannot advertise it. If your dad is selling you product at his price, you should be paying roughly 20-30% less than at the local store. Even if he charges you freight, you should be less than retail.

AmsoilPower
09-23-2008, 11:57 PM
What is the cost difference? Does it really add up to changing oil every 50 - 75 hours or 3-4K on a truck? To make up the price difference?

How much money would you spend in oil changes over a period of 15,000 miles? With Amsoil and the EAO filter you can go that long on 1 oil change.
Here is a very close cost... Keep in mind I am using the most expensive oil and filter available in Amsoil for reference!!!! This would be for a 5 qt. sump.

Normal retail

0W-30 5 qts.= $56.50
1 EAO filter = $31.55
Total = $88.05

Now, that oil filter is very large and by far the most expensive. Most of these filters are between $15-18 each, therefore, your cost is probably around $10-14 less. The filter I used for pricing fits Ford Trucks (03-06) with the 6.0 Diesel.

Go with the commercial account that I keep talking about and the prices are as follows.

0W-30 5 qts. = $43.25
1 EAO filter = $24.00
Total = $67.25

Once again, unless you have a Ford, you probably won't use the filter referenced here, so figure around $10-14 less.
None of these prices include any shipping or tax.

pinto n mwr
09-24-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't really see how this is possible. A dealer and a retail store basically have the same cost. A retail store is supposed to sell product at least the minimum retail price. A dealer can technically sell at whatever price he chooses but cannot advertise it. If your dad is selling you product at his price, you should be paying roughly 20-30% less than at the local store. Even if he charges you freight, you should be less than retail.

going off of his price list it is more than going to the local store for it

AmsoilPower
09-24-2008, 12:11 AM
going off of his price list it is more than going to the local store for it

Then the store has old inventory and hasn't adjusted for the recent price increases. That is why there are some rules to protect dealers like your dad. He should say something to the store because it probably is hurting him in sales.

topsites
09-24-2008, 12:13 AM

In my own experience you can push synthetic oil a lot harder than dino,
but I will not tell you to follow extended intervals or to ever follow anything
but regular maintenance intervals, that is, change that oil every 3,000 miles
just like you would with regular oil, and the same goes for your
equipment, follow the regular maintenance specifications.
Because there are no guarantees.

The savings doesn't come from that, it's that the oil is so much better.
That should you ever forget to check it...
Should you some day not have the time to change it.
Should it ever run really low...
And if those don't apply, running the mowers on an incline certainly does, for most of us...
In these cases of engine abuse, the superior quality of a synthetic should pull you through.
But like I said, no guarantees, you could still seize an engine!
Trust me, I know :p

Yes it is the better oil, hands down.

meets1
09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I use quaker state at the moment. Watch sales and get a few cases for for roughly $.99 a qt or around 12-13 a case. I buy purealator filters - again I watch the sales and buy a few of these as well, usually around $4 a filter.

EX: In my Chevy 6.0 engine, 6qts - with tax around $1.25 total $7.50 plus $4 for the filter. I have $11 - $12 into my oil change. I ususally change around 3500 miles, give or take or if a rain day is sooner than later. 15K miles I have roughly $60 into the oil. All this is done on my time.

Should I ever forget to check oil in mower is like not waking up some morning - which I guess is possibly. The best oil hands down may be so so is drinking water everyday and not soda.

AmsoilPower
10-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Bump.......for those who may not have seen the price list.