PDA

View Full Version : best weedeater line for the $$

ctlc
09-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I guess this is like Ford vs. Chevy everybody has there own opinion.... Howevever I value everyone's It is time for me to order some more line last time I used the gator magnum square .095 however my 3 lb. spool is getting close to empty....Any input is appreciated.... last time I oredered from Mowpart and considering it again...

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I just bought 12 cheapo Home Depot spools (3#) on clearance for $15 each(can't recall the brand name at the moment). It outlasts my Echo, Stihl, Kawasaki, Shakespeare lines. At less than half the price of those others, it's a killer deal.

robbo521
09-10-2008, 12:26 AM
i use Lowes brand and its some good stuff.use it in the graveyard and it last longer.

mississippiturf
09-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I've been pleased with the .105 cyclone. Better than Stihl, IMO

kleankutslawn
09-10-2008, 12:51 AM
what is the difference in the square ane the round line?

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-10-2008, 01:12 AM

The logic is that the square edges will slice through the grass easier.

brandon9996
09-10-2008, 01:20 AM
I use the .105 Cyclone and dont have to change near as often as them offbrand lines. I use it on a stihl trimmer and i like it better than the sthil line that came with it

Az Gardener
09-10-2008, 01:23 AM
We are using some black stuff looks like liquorish. A local dealer recommended it and the guys love it. They say it dosen't get hung up or dig in causing scalp or burn marks. It has a braided look and its black, it looks smaller the the .095 we have always used.

redmax fan
09-10-2008, 02:05 AM

for me i can move so much faster with square than round because the edges on the square are cutting through the blades quicker then the rounded over edge of the round . and i get a way cleaner cut , where as with round there'd be so many times ide go over a spot and the dull edge wouldnt cut it but rather lay it down . i'll never use round string again . and i soley whip the past 8 years doing over 100 lawns per week ,
with my mighty red max weed laser ..................:weightlifter:

tamadrummer
09-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Just stay with the gatorline mag square you already have the best. In my opinion of course.

My experience is with: Husky Titanium, John Deere I-Beam, Grass Gator (the worst of them all), Stihl X-cut and Oregon Gatorline Magnum

None even come close to the last!!

MOWPART_SCOTT
09-10-2008, 12:04 PM
The coupon code 15offsept and ends on the 09/13/2008 and trimmer line is on the 15% off list... Also TAMADRUMMER!!! I have to plug FLUID FILM to you! if you dont have any fluid film we need to get some to you! and here is why! I have been playing drums for 31 years now... and I found that Fluid film in the kick pedal bearings and chain works great... BUT! if you have a cymbol that corroded and tarnished! Like many of us do! JUST SPRAY FLUID FILM ON IT!!! I have used sabian cleaner, brasso, you name it I have used it! sprayed fluid film on one and I could not believe it! It shined like a new penny! no scrubing! DO NOT SPRAY IT ON while ther over the kit though!!!! take them off and out side to do it. spray them and let set for a min or 2 til it stops bubbling then wipe it off with a grease rag and wear gloves cause it works fantastic but stinks like you wont believe! OH yeah! it wont harm the lettering on the cymbal at all...

Kennedy Landscaping
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Myself, I use .105 cyclone for the funeral home that I maintain, edges great. For my Husqvarna trimmer I use .095 Pulverizer in the big spools.

howierd3866
09-10-2008, 12:42 PM
we use the grass gator .155 from home depot holds up good

All_Toro_4ME
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I bought multiple spools of line from Home Depot as well. Its the commercial type, .105. I soaked them in some water and they seem to last longer, break less and overall seem tougher. Pretty good deal for $15/spool (normally $20) compared to $30-$55 for some of the other brands of line.

mowpart rep
09-10-2008, 04:51 PM
We currently have 15% off all parts until Sept 13th just use the code

15offsept

Thanks for your business.

jaybird24
09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Echo Crossfire .95. It's always worked good for us. Of course I bought 25 rolls a few years ago from an LCO going out of business, so I really couldn't say if it's the best, but it works.

lawnboy dan
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
arnold extreme =best

cutbetterthanyou
09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I currently use stuff that i got from the local jd place i have no clue as to what brand but it last a really long time. I spool my trimmer about once a week w/ this stuff,and about 3 xs a day w/ the echo stuff . I know i am being a little over particular but i bought this string because it was dark green and when it breaks off you don't see it in the yard vs the neon color string most use. However, i do wish it was square. If anyone on here knows of good square, dark green, or black string; and where to get it in the big spool, let me known please.

topsites
09-10-2008, 10:19 PM
.080 round.

The square makes a cool 'whir' sound that, at the right rpm,
sounds a little like a light sabre out of Star Wars.