PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing New Mower Need help

Escapeslawncare
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm Looking into getting a new mower My options are Deere, Toro, Yard Shark, and Kabota. I cant make up my mind Im not happy with the cutting quality of my Dixie, my Encore is junk. I need a reliable mower with a good dealership for service, I test drove a yard shark yesterday but I dont know if the dealer is going to stay in business because hes new and the way the economy is right now. Any suggestions

mississippiturf
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Stick with a local dearler you can trust. Buy commercial equipment, not from Home Depot or Lowe's b/c they don't sell the stuff that LCO's define as commercial nor do they have the service to provide parts, etc after purchase.

Just some names I'll toss out, not in any particular order: Exmark, Ferris, Toro, Walker, BOP, Gravely, Scag, and Bad Boy.

Escapeslawncare
09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I plan on buying from a dealer but which one Is yark shark good

metro36
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Never heard of yard shark. If I had to pick from those on the spot I would choose toro but if I were you I would demo one of each and see which you like best.

MONTE
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes Yard Shark is good!

Hawg City Lawns
09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
i saw the yard shark in turf mag not to long ago but nobody seems to like dixion on here but personally i think they are pretty good, dixon is built by the same people as yazoo kees and husqvarna commercial