PDA

View Full Version : Redmax 2610 trimmer?

mhussey
09-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok, I tried to ask this question in another thread. However, the thread kept going into a Sthil vs. Redmax war. I don't want that. I want to know what you guys think of your 2610 trimmer. I need to buy 2 new trimmers and the dealer has these in.

Can get 2610 for 693 out the door, and the 2601 is 640 out the door.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Mike Blevins
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I have both and I would recommend them to anybody. I use each one every other week. I have used other brands in the past but now the only thing in my shop is Redmax. Go and get them. Great equipment.

mhussey
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I have both and I would recommend them to anybody. I use each one every other week. I have used other brands in the past but now the only thing in my shop is Redmax. Go and get them. Great equipment.

Thanks for the reply. I just haven't heard of many people running them being they are new. I need to run down there to look at them, they just gave me a quote over the phone.

Again thanks for the reply.

jaybird24
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I can't remember which one I have of the two, but we love them. I haven't been real happy with a trimmer since the green machines went away in the mid 90's. Tried one of these out and went in and bought 4 the next day. Great power to weight and smooth running, makes trimming not such a drag.

dixiegirl
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
The 2601 and 2610 have both been very reliable in the Oklahoma City market.

Lbilawncare
09-11-2008, 12:33 AM
I love my 2601's. ( Just be sure to use premium gas in them )

dixiegirl
09-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Redmax 2610s $ 309. each and out the door was 672. w/ tax. yes that is a fair price. Hope that helps.
Heather
Central Power
Okc,Ok.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
09-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I bought the 2601 this season it is a powerful trimmer,a little heavy compared to the 2401's we are running.....

retrodog
09-11-2008, 10:43 PM
We are running the 2610's right now, love the weight and smooth running of it. The only downfall I see is that its a pain in the A&^ to adjust the carb's. I think next year all trimmers will have to be hard to access the adjustment due to all the epa guidelines.

mhussey
09-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Redmax 2610s $ 309. each and out the door was 672. w/ tax. yes that is a fair price. Hope that helps.
Heather
Central Power
Okc,Ok.

Thanks,

Most of the time when I call down to my dealer, they don't recognize me. When I get there typically they give me a little better price, and they hook me up with free stuff all the time. Like I had originally said they quoted me like 690 for both out the door.

I am a little afraid of the weight! I can't find any specs to this thing on the Redmax site. I am thinking about getting the 2401's. I like light trimmers, and don't care to have the largest motor on a trimmer.

My brother went by another dealer and got a smoking quote for 2 Stihl FS90's. Something like 570 or something out the door. However, I have never ran a Sthil 4-Mix.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

mhussey
09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
I bought the 2601 this season it is a powerful trimmer,a little heavy compared to the 2401's we are running.....

Do you think the 2401's are great for general trimming? I had a Husquvarna 323L. It was super light and had tons of power. The thing started running like the piston was grabbing the cylinder wall and is starting to lack power. I hate that, because I really liked that trimmer.

mhussey
09-12-2008, 09:06 AM
We are running the 2610's right now, love the weight and smooth running of it. The only downfall I see is that its a pain in the A&^ to adjust the carb's. I think next year all trimmers will have to be hard to access the adjustment due to all the epa guidelines.

Retro,

Is adjusting the carb and on going issue that you have to do with these trimmers? Heck I never done anything to the Husquavarna I have, nor the Robin.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I love the 2401 itz got power and light,i yank the guards off and run 130 line,this stuff never breaks.......

Mike Blevins
09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Retro,

Is adjusting the carb and on going issue that you have to do with these trimmers? Heck I never done anything to the Husquavarna I have, nor the Robin.

Never had to adjust any of my Redmax equipment's carbs? I just buy them and use them. Also I use only 89 octane in all of my equipment. I think when you start using different types of oil-mix is when you get into these problems. I use Redmax 2 stroke oil and have never had any probems. It has fuel stabilizer in it also. My 2601 is going on its 6th year next year and I have a propety that takes me 2 hours to trim by itself so it has some use on it. Redmax trimmer to Redmax oil, kinda makes since to me.:waving:

lonnie
09-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I currently have one and even though I like it. I did like the FS90 I had better. I also just bought a Kawasaki KGT27a and I like the overall feel and power of it better than the redmax but the long term quality of the kawasaki compared to the redmax I do not know. I got the kawasaki for $244+tax.

retrodog
09-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Retro,

I have learned over the past year that alot of 2 stroke equipment needs a little adjustment right out of the box, it should be a standard check for everyone, not just one brand. EPA guidelines are causing 2 stroke companies to be very conservative on carb settings now, and I don't know about you guys, but I like my trimmers to scream and not bog up when trimming. The new guidelines are trying to make it impossible for the carbs to even be adjusted. It used to be a simple screw that could be adjusted while trimming. Last year I purchased 7 pieces of Stihl equipment for our rig, and 3 needed adjustment when picked up. They just weren't reaching the normal rpm ranges, and were running a little rich. Don't let that simple fact steer you away from a good brand, we are currently swapping all of our stihl equipment over to the Redmax due to the guys liking the equpment alot better.

dixiegirl
09-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I currently have one and even though I like it. I did like the FS90 I had better. I also just bought a Kawasaki KGT27a and I like the overall feel and power of it better than the redmax but the long term quality of the kawasaki compared to the redmax I do not know. I got the kawasaki for $244+tax.

The Fs90 has been a great trimmer, alot of power. Kawasaki is also a great trimmer , we just dont have alot of dealers that service and sell them.
Heather