PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Bid package

morning dew
02-01-2002, 04:26 PM
What should a good bid package contain?

I have a hard 3 three ring folder to start with but need some suggestions of what to include as a part of sales. :confused:

Jesse
Michigan

Turfdude
02-01-2002, 05:41 PM
Can you be more specific as to what kind of bid package? If its for maintenance, then the company you'll be proposing to do work for should be supplying you w/ their bid specifications!
Bob

kris
02-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Turfdude
If its for maintenance, then the company you'll be proposing to do work for should be supplying you w/ their bid specifications!
Bob

I agree Turfdude but many don't ... this is a pet peeve with me .. all you can hope is that they are comparing "apples to apples".
I bid on a large commercial property last year ... I was told I was "way to high" ....well ya ...turns out the other company is doing it every 14 days... I told the manager i would like to re-bid but was turned down ... he told me " you can always bid next year".

PAPS
02-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by kris

I agree Turfdude but many don't ... this is a pet peeve with me .. all you can hope is that they are comparing "apples to apples".
I bid on a large commercial property last year ... I was told I was "way to high" ....well ya ...turns out the other company is doing it every 14 days... I told the manager i would like to re-bid but was turned down ... he told me " you can always bid next year".

Gotta love it when you bid a weekly price and they wanted a bi-weekly price and didn't even tell you... what a waste of time.

kris
02-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Thing was Bryan, a assistant told me that it was weekly ( the manager was away on holidays) He also mentioned another large part outside a fenced area ... I watched the property over the course of the season and it looked like that area was done once.

morning dew
02-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Yes I'm talking about landscape maint. Around my area, Oakland Co. Michigan, there are alot of landscape businesses in competition so I want to have something better to offer.

I was thinking about including things like memberships, insurance certificates, customer letters, etc.

What makes a good looking all around commercial bid package?

Jesse