PDA

View Full Version : New Ferris stuff coming out!

TomberLawn
09-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I just got my PRO Magazine out of the mailbox and on the back cover was a Ferris ad announcing some new products coming out soon. I signed up for the email updates. I'll update this thread as I get information from the email updates.

All_Toro_4ME
09-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I thought you were all about the Hustler Super Z. I remember you tried one out and loved it. You on the fence between the two?

TomberLawn
09-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Well, I have a Ferris and the dealer is pretty good to me. Last week, I pulled the mower off the trailer to mow at my church and it didn't have any speed or handling. Checked the hydro fluid tank and it was pretty low. My dealer lives about 1/4 up the road from my church, so I called him and he said to bring it on out to his house and he filled it up with fluid. That's good customer service right there.

Hustler has a great product, and there's a great dealer in my county. I'm personally friends with the Ferris dealer and he's a little closer than the Hustler dealer. If Ferris comes out with some mowers that will rival Hustler in speed, Exmark in cut quality, and keep the ride quality they are known for, that will be a humdinger of a mower. We'll have to wait and see what they're going to do, but it should be good.

jkilov
09-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Any idea what's coming out? Really new stuff or just another stand-on endorsement.

Ferris is in a way known for innovation. They were the first to put hydro's on a mower (not invent, just strap them on) and the suspension. Interesting to see what they came up with. I'd don't like this shrouding, it better be worth the publicity, cause they do fall behind in some areas.

How about a newly designed deck, perhaps an added hydro cooler, shave some weight, maybe throw in a proper belt tensioner.

OSU 09
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Any idea of when it will be comming out? I really like the ferris mowers, they are built to last, and the suspension is nice, i just wish they could get a better cut quality. Don't get me wrong, they do a decent job but compared to say an exmark or toro, they just aren't at that level.

Frue
09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
its a new deck design...... just my 2 cents

luckylawnboy
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
looks tall like a stander to me. A stander with suspension??

ojpent
09-20-2008, 10:29 PM
I asked my dealer on friday if they knew anything, but they haven't heard anything yet.. Whatever it is that there coming out with it better have a new style deck.. i'm waiting to see what it is before I start to make improvements to the deck on my Ferris this winter.... "Warranty is up in oct. so its game on to make all the improvements that I want. I'll probably kill my welderby spring time"LOL

mattfromNY
09-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Everybody is pretty tight lipped about it. My dealer has been asking lots of questions, but not getting the right answers. All he is hearing is 'It is going to revolutionize the mowing industry'.
He was telling he got a dealer POP (point of purchase) kit, with a poster of the new product. Like a kid at Christmas he tore into it, only to find the same picture as is posted on Ferris' website:cry:. Obviously Ferris is trying to keep the hype going, but not letting the cat out of the bag quite yet.

ojpent
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know when their going to announce anything?

luckylawnboy
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I wish they would set a date.

Frontier-Lawn
09-20-2008, 10:52 PM
I didn't know they owned Briggs

ojpent
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I didn't know they owned Briggs

NO, Briggs owns ferris, snapper, Giant Vac, Simplicity, Murray, and Brute power equipment. Briggs bought all these company a few years back..

HighlandLC
09-21-2008, 12:10 AM
NO, Briggs owns ferris, snapper, Giant Vac, Simplicity, Murray, and Brute power equipment. Briggs bought all these company a few years back..

Exactly. The serial tag on the frame also says Briggs and Stratton on it.

js.lawn
09-21-2008, 12:31 AM
I just bought another Ferris and the rep was there we had talked about an hour from what I understand is there well be a 36 twin hydro coming out in the fall or early spring

luckylawnboy
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I hope its more than that. I could see them bringing out a mower with 2 or 3 decks like golf course mowers. small 22inch decks that contour the ground????

Frue
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
its a new deck design I am telling you no surprises!!!!

TomberLawn
09-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I just bought another Ferris and the rep was there we had talked about an hour from what I understand is there well be a 36 twin hydro coming out in the fall or early spring

That makes sense, since Snapper Pro makes a 36" dual hydro and they are both under Briggs and Stratton.

Ryan Anderson
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
It a propane powered zoom. Thats the surprise from what I've heard. Although I know there is at least one commercial lawn company other coming out with the same thing at EXPO this year....

Ryan Anderson
09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.turfmagazine.com/article.php?id=2061 - There is the website. It has a picture if you scroll down. I think it sounds like a decent idea, what about you guys?

ojpent
09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
the propane mower is already listed on there web site, and some dealers are already selling them.. I just hope its and improved deck so I can buy the deck and install it on my '07 1500Z...

Matlock Lawncare
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I just bought a new 19/52 walk behind and I am very impressed with the new deck design it really peppers and throws the grass even wet grass. I was worried about getting the 19hp instead of the 23hp but the 19 really does a great job.

TomberLawn
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Are the Ferris walk behind decks the same as the zero turn decks? A lot of people seem to like the walk behinds, but not the cut of the riders so much. If they are the same, I wonder if maybe the speed is the main thing killing cut quality in certain conditions. I know when I slow down some, it does cut smoother and spray more evenly.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
tomber, i posted about this too last week lol. Everyone thinks its standup models or a new deck design, i cant see that being "innovative". Yeah they could use a little deck design help underneath or something like deeres mulch on demand, but im curious what it is too. Im going to the GIE so ill get to see firsthand and will post the appropriate pictures online again this year for all to see :)

thezaz
09-22-2008, 01:15 AM
I just got my PRO Magazine out of the mailbox and on the back cover was a Ferris ad announcing some new products coming out soon. I signed up for the email updates. I'll update this thread as I get information from the email updates.

Far as my buddy from brigs witch owns ferris they might be bringing out a stand on. I got a 2000z I love it but can be a bit heavy on some of my lawns. I would be happy if they built won like wright. i like there double hand control

ojpent
09-22-2008, 08:06 AM
tomber, i posted about this too last week lol. Everyone thinks its standup models or a new deck design, i cant see that being "innovative". Yeah they could use a little deck design help underneath or something like deeres mulch on demand, but im curious what it is too. Im going to the GIE so ill get to see firsthand and will post the appropriate pictures online again this year for all to see :)

I was hoping to get out to the Expo but doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Look forward to see the pics..

Frue
09-22-2008, 09:07 AM
i heard the deck at least on computer models is the best out nothing even close in the industry. We will see.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-22-2008, 10:46 AM
i heard the deck at least on computer models is the best out nothing even close in the industry. We will see.

yeah but seriously, how can you make an improvement SO great over everyone elses deck model out there? it would have to use 9 blades in a V pattern with a striping roller that acts as a turbine, pulling back up grass for a 2nd set of sickle type straight blades to make a flawless cut lol.

ojpent
09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I wonder if Ferris and Cub have the same deck designer!!! I went to my dealer today for a few backup parts and took a look at the new cub tank decks and the '08 Ferris decks and there's alot of similarities to them, front of the deck is cut out and Ferris has added the baffle wings near the spindles like the Tank has... Just an observation