PDA

View Full Version : weird question....

theWRIGHTcut
09-10-2008, 02:16 PM
i have an account in which the guy who pays me owns his OWN lab accessories company... based in his home... he pays me with company checks... so would it be safe to consider this a commercial account? or should i just call it residential since he lives here, it's his home... but i'd say a good 5-7 people are there working everytime i'm there....

sorry if this is dumb?

Woody82986
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Does it really matter or are you trying to figure this out for some sort of insurance reason or something like that? If this is just for your own bookkeeping, I don't see how it would make any difference. I'd call it a residence, personally. Alot of people run their companys out of the house.

theWRIGHTcut
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
i'm not sure, mostly for self gratification i like to think commercial accounts are a bigger gain for my business... he pays me like 25$ more than a lawn that size should be priced at too... mostly just wondering

NINER
09-10-2008, 02:57 PM
call it what you want. Like you said it pays $25.00 more than others.

jkason
09-10-2008, 03:38 PM
According to the "TaxMan" - if you get paid with a company check, it's a commercial account.

You know damn well he's claiming his home office as part of his business to the IRS.

fishinpa
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Older Italian guy with a heavy accent?

theWRIGHTcut
09-10-2008, 05:58 PM
na that's not him

brandtb1
09-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Call it a good deal. I would consider it residental since it is more than likely zoned residental only. If someone turned him in and he had to move the business, but you kept the yard, it would be residental. I would not have a problem with you saying you cut commercial properties also, but to me it would be residental.

theWRIGHTcut
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
alright, yeah that makes sense... i mean this doesn't depend on anything other than me just wanting to know... so if i want now i can say i have 2 commercial accounts! haha but the first one is truly commercial

ed2hess
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Don't overthink this.....the guy pays with his business checks so he can deduct it as a writeoff on taxes.

topsites
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't overthink this.....the guy pays with his business checks so he can deduct it as a writeoff on taxes.

That's right, which means you better pay yours,
and I'm neither saying you do or you don't but
that's the only thing I would be worried about.

traman
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
its real easy,once he pays you over 600.00 ,he can write it off and send you a 1099 form . if you get a 1099 from him its a true commercial account

theWRIGHTcut
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
you can write off a check for lawn maintenance?

heather lawn sp
09-11-2008, 02:16 AM
you can write off a check for lawn maintenance?

Yea. . .

We are a home based business. The crew cuts the lawn and get a paycheck on a company check. Repairs to machine are on a company check. fuel for. . . you get the picture.

One of our customers owns a gravel pit and has several apartment buildings. His wife has her own rental management business. They get a bill for the lawn, I get a check from him for his lawn from his business name. Another customer has a homebuilding business. His 3.5 acre estate gets a bill to the company for the home office located there