PDA

View Full Version : Has Any One Ever Hit An Irragation Backflow

BUMBLE BEE
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I Think That Is What It Is. You Now The P.v.c. Pipe That Comes Out Of The Ground About A Foot Then Back In. I Was Weed Eating Around One Once And Just Barely Hit It W/ The Line And It Busted. Water Went Up In The Air About 40 Foot. I Also Clipped One W/ A Core Plug Er Once. Now I Stay Away From These Things.

Kennedy Landscaping
09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
No, But I have sucked a pop-up drain and a manifold box cover up and destroyed them. Came pretty close to tearing a sprinkler head off also.

Genlandscape
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
We've taken out several backflow preventers, sprinkler heads, and even valve boxes. If the problem is repaired in a timely manner, there is usually not a problem. When you mow 5000 lawns a year, things happen.

markahurley
09-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I Don't Think So. But Has Anyone Ever Typed An Entire Post Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word? Man, That Is Annoying! :)

Icepuck72
09-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I Don't Think So. But Has Anyone Ever Typed An Entire Post Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word? Man, That Is Annoying! :)
:laugh:

Now that's funny.

BUMBLE BEE
09-12-2008, 11:12 PM

I'M NOT SHORE HOW I DID THIS IT MUST HAPPEN WHEN I USE THE SPELL CHECK. I AM A AFOUL SPELLER.

yamadooski
09-13-2008, 06:32 AM
We break them all the time. Over the course of time I end up replacing them with a thicker scheduled grade pvc pipe, one that doesn't break with a line timmer and then spray Round Up around it.