PDA

View Full Version : work in orlando?

bamafan192069
09-10-2008, 06:27 PM
i just moved to orlando, i had a business in kentucky, but im starting a new in orlando, so if anyone is in this area and could tell me about how many mowings you do a year? when the season kind of starts down here? when is a good time to put in bids on new jobs?? how much people charge down here?? anything helps, thanks?

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Well we mow just about year round.From about oct 1 - mar 1 you mow every other week but I bill for 52 weeks.1/4 ac. for 100 a month or 30 a visit.Most guys start bidding in spring but I pick up most of my work when we get our first rains and then again in mid-late summer when it rains alot.You can pm me for my # if you want

bamafan192069
09-12-2008, 09:45 AM
hey thanks for the info! yeah any info you can give me is great! by the way how do i pm you on here? anything else you could tell me about would be good to, like a good place to get mulch, and plants, things like that.

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-13-2008, 06:18 AM
You click on my name.I keep a list of about 5 good nuseries in a file at all times but I must have 50 price list.You should really consider going to the fnats trade show this month or next.It's the florida nursery and allied trade shows.I would'nt mind giving you any help you need if I can.I will say this,you will have a learning curve due to our tropical plants and just the over all nature of our sub tropical nature.

bamafan192069
09-13-2008, 09:51 AM
yeah thats what i was thinking, it would take sometime for me to get use to all the different kinds of plants and things down here. plus it seems like you would need alot of plants that do well i heat! its so hot down here! but thats ok. so the show your talking about can i find that on a website maybe? or will it be in a paper?
ps i tried to click on your name and i went to your profile but i didnt see anything about sending messages?

freshprince94
09-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Mowing down here is weekly March-October 1st and Bi-weekly October 1st to February 31st for me. All lawns are edged with a metal blade edger as opposed to a trimmer. Most lawns are thick St. Augustine which needs to be cut at 4 inches or higher.

As far as mulch, soil, and sod, the best place for that IMO is Landscape Supply Supercenter on Orange Blossom trail. They have a whole bunch of equipment as well, they are a eXmark Dixie Chopper Stihl Shindaiwa dealer.

bamafan192069
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
awesome thanks! yeah we would mow at 3" im kentucky. and we did use the trimmers for the edges so i guess i will need a normal edger.
thanks for the info!

CkLandscapingOrlando
09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
You can find the fnats on the web.I dont know how to pm so click on my website and email me.I'll give you my number so you have a live contact.I would'nt say landscape supply is the best.If you want the best you'll have to deal with the folks that they deal with.Pebble junction,outdoor living products and so on.They are very good though and for the most part I use the smaller guys like them.As far as when to mow my contracts say the same dates as freshprince.You can mow bahia at 3 but you'll mess up some aug.