PDA

View Full Version : Bid Help

Lawn_Enforcement
09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I know how some of you will respond to this....."it depends on your overhead"
That is true but I need some help on an average situation or to throw some ideas around for an apartment complex.....
It is 4.2 acres, Typical set up several buildings 4 to 5 large green spaces, several islands and a lot of stick edging, weedeating. With those specs can anyone please help a general idea of what to charge ballparks lows and highs please. Your help is appreciated

09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
4.2 acres before improvements? (before the building and parking lot?)

Lawn_Enforcement
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry its an actual 4.2 acres of green areas which includes some islands...

09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
without seeing it, and not sure how long the islands would take, I am guessing ~$200/cut. or about ~$600/month for the whole season, averaging in that some weeks will be skipped.

This is assuming 1 guy can mow all of it in 2 hours, and the other guy can mow the islands, then trim, edge, and blow everything in that same 2 hours. = 4 man hours, roughly.

again, just a guess without seeing it, hopefully you will get more comments also to give you a good range.

Lawn_Enforcement
09-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks..... Another question or comment that you brought up is 6oo a month leveling out threw the summer obviously..... I dont know of any company in my area that charges "X" amount every month is it popular where you are?

Penscape Landscaping
09-10-2008, 08:29 PM
hello if it is about 4 man hours. I would say 200 a cut. I could do it for that. I have been to your city and think it is beautiful there. I new some girls up that way. They went to west jasmine i believe. J. Beumont and A. watkins do u know them? please let me know! Hope you get that job!

09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
yeah a flat monthly is pretty popular. Most places that have been paying per service love when you tell them you can simplify it and just bill flat rate monthly. It makes it easy to set them up so they pay a month in advance also. ex: June's payment is due June 1st for service in June.

Lawn Enforcer
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
No bid help, but nice biz name! (Look at mine)

mownblowllc
09-11-2008, 09:22 PM
i would charge around $600.00