09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Didn't know Bradco's were white?:cry:

If you squint your eyes and turn your head you can see it. lol

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 07:59 PM
nice machine, but........you need a pintle hook and chains brother!:nono:

kreft
09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah Thats a work in progress about the chains. But the pintle hook? Why do we need one?

lawncare18
09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
get the trencher next its unreal how good it is .. we got one for a 185 track machine.. trencher trenches through everything

Junior M
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
HEY!!! I SEE STRAPS!!! I THOUGHT YOU GOT RID OF THEM!! :laugh: now lets alert the guys from the heavy equipment and paving forum and see what they say! I know I got ragged alot for using straps!! Now I dont feel like such an oddball for using them.

But the only problem I can see with that thing is that when you have to move is you are going to have to get off open the door if it will open all the way squeeze in-then squeeze back out-and hope you didnt move to far or not far enough...

I know when we had a 753 you could sit on the hoe attachment and lean back and push back on the sticks (it wasnt a cabbed machine) which was quite nice.. But on the 773 later on you couldnt reach the sticks because the machine was a longer wheelbase machine..

But I have a feeling you are going to have to get off because you got a cab unless you can take the door off like on bobcat's

EDIT--- How wide is your trailer? I am just wondering because you have the fork slots so it must be 96in.

and I would like to know why a pintle? I hate the stupid things they have got alot of slop in them which is aggravating especially when pulling a loaded trailer behind a truck without a cushioned pintle..

kreft
We dont really need a trencher. When we do we just rent.

JosephLawnCare
Yeah Thats a work in progress about the chains. But the pintle hook? Why do we need one?

The weight of your trailer and machine is too much for a ball

Junior M
09-10-2008, 08:20 PM
The weight of your trailer and machine is too much for a ball
WHAT? are you freakn serious? I have a pintle and ball combo with a 2 5/16 ball on the p/u... aint no way it is to heavy.. The only way it would be to heavy if he had a 2in ball..

kreft
09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
JLM- The seat tilts forward. But I'm the only one that can get in the cab.lol. Well, my dad gets in when i'm not available. But when I'm there I'm the only one that moves the machine, load it on the trailer, load it off the trailer and move it to the trench.

We can take the door off but the cab is worth keeping it on.

P.S. Dont tell our HEF Buddies bout this thread. Thats why I posted it here. lol

kreft
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
WHAT? are you freakn serious? I have a pintle and ball combo with a 2 5/16 ball on the p/u... aint no way it is to heavy.. The only way it would be to heavy if he had a 2in ball..

thats what i thought

Junior M
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
JLM- The seat tilts forward. But I'm the only one that can get in the cab.lol. Well, my dad gets in when i'm not available. But when I'm there I'm the only one that moves the machine, load it on the trailer, load it off the trailer and move it to the trench.

We can take the door off but the cab is worth keeping it on.

P.S. Dont tell our HEF Buddies bout this thread. Thats why I posted it here. lol
Oh, so basically you stay on the machine and hoe the whole time? and I dont think the seat tilting forward on the hoe would help but IDK I have never seen a bradco hoe on a skid just on tractors..

Yeah, dont listen to them your good if it works for you then keep using it they dont control what you do...

In reply to the post below I am typing on here so I dont have to post another freakn thread!!

I dont think so... If the ball wasnt heavy enough for a load they wouldnt sell them as a stock item on my 7 ton trailer..

P.S. how do you like the little sticker thingy in my signature, kreft?

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Then your crazy too!:laugh:

kreft
09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
You go in the machine flip the switch for the hydrulic preshure to the bachoe, climb out, put the seat down, sit down, and get to work. :)

kreft
09-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Then your crazy too!:laugh:

Whats the worst that could happen:rolleyes:

Junior M
09-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Whats the worst that could happen:rolleyes:
seriously! I just go to lower education high school its all good!

Kreft I forgot about the new holland not having the seat bar like cat and bobcat...

I couldnt imagine not having one I would probably end up in the floor or breaking my teeth on the door without that seatbar.. But thats only cause I hate wearing a seatbelt in a skid..

kreft
09-10-2008, 08:52 PM
It does get annoying with doing fine gradeing.( 3 pt harness) But I just tune it out. I don't know how tall you are but i'm about 5' 5'' and I doesn't bother me to much besides when I'm loading trucks and fine grading.

P.Services
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
wait until your climbing up the trailer and the weight of the machine pops the trailer off the ball. the trailer will flip up in the air and you will simultaneously crap your pants and scream like a little school girl. it will happen give it time or get a pintle.

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 09:01 PM
wait until your climbing up the trailer and the weight of the machine pops the trailer off the ball. the trailer will flip up in the air and you will simultaneously crap your pants and scream like a little school girl. it will happen give it time or get a pintle.

:laugh: Thanks man, they'll learn sometime. Just trying to give kreft advise, but I forgot he already knows everything

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
It does get annoying with doing fine gradeing.( 3 pt harness) But I just tune it out. I don't know how tall you are but i'm about 5' 5'' and I doesn't bother me to much besides when I'm loading trucks and fine grading.
It has a 3pt harness? oh where i worked over the summer had a ls185 and it had just a seatbelt.. and I am about 5'3'' or 4 depending on what shoes I wear..

and Picasso a pintle could pop off to.. Unless you have one where the clip slides sideways..

CAT powered
I don't own any trailers with ball hitches. My 3 little trailers all have pintles and I don't think the slop is anything to worry about. I hate ball hitches. I had a Hudson deckover with a ball hitch and the dang thing would never let go and I'd end up jacking up the back of the truck with the trailer jack. Yes it can be done. A pintle is a much simpler design and is therefore less proned to having any problems.

And as for straps. Tut tut.

If I was a DOT inspector you'd have a lot of violations there.

You are using straps which is a no-no, but is legal as far as I know.
I don't believe there are enough straps on there to cover your four corners or 50% of machine weight.
If I wanted to get technical there is no rub-rail outside of your tiedowns.

I can't see well enough in the picture, but if there isn't something on the strap where it is on the edges of the bucket there should be. That could cause the strap to get cut. Something that wouldn't happen with chains.

kreft
dude come on. You know thats crap.

Here's a little story thats kind of on subject...

I took the grapple bucket around to the back of the shop, unhooked it, and had to go up a hill to get on the driveway, well I didn't have any attachment on the front. And then the machine went back on 2 wheels! maybe none. All i did was back up and set her down. Looked around to see if anyone saw my dumbass mistake. and went up the hill on a angle. When i got back up front my dad said, "Were you scared", In that sarcastic voice he has. And I said no. He said, "yeah right", and chuckeld. By the way I did have butterflies all the way back. lol.

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:08 PM
My last post was for piscasso.

Cat- there is something on the bucket for the straps. (The white thing)

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey cat what do you mean by no rubrail outside of your tiedowns? I dont understand what you mean by that...

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:10 PM
:laugh: Thanks man, they'll learn sometime. Just trying to give kreft advise, but I forgot he already knows everything

I'm taking note's joseph.

But seriously, I understand. And I thank you and cat for your advice.

CAT powered
09-10-2008, 09:14 PM
There should be a piece of steel on the outside of there that protects the tiedowns in the event the side of the trailer rubs against something.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/maj_massacre/rubrail.jpg

That piece of steel that is on the outermost part of that deck is the rubrail. You would hook your tiedowns so that the rubrail is the outermost part of your platform so that if you rub against something the rubrail takes the abuse and not your tiedowns.

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
our trailer has that. and we hook the chains to the outside of the rail. but i will make that change.

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh yeah I thought you were getting in to something that was technical and a federal law and crap like that.. well I guess we dont hook our straps right.. But hey now I know why you wrap the chain around the stake pocket!

deere615
09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Nice machine, that thing looks like a beast

markahurley
09-10-2008, 09:25 PM

that's hilarious. :)

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
All bashing aside now, that is a sweet setup and kreft has the best of the best.....:cool2:

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:28 PM
All bashing aside now, that is a sweet setup and kreft has the best of the best.....:cool2:
now if it was bobc...:laugh: crap no bashing sorry.. yeah that is a nice setup.. now if he could get some lettering on the 5500 and the skid and then some on the boom of the hoe attachment. it would look even better!!!

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks joesph and deere. But remember guys, it's my dads. I just work for him.

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
now if it was bobc...:laugh: crap no bashing sorry.. yeah that is a nice setup.. now if he could get some lettering on the 5500 and the skid and then some on the boom of the hoe attachment. it would look even better!!!

Thats what i want to do! I keep bugging my dad, he says "we will".:rolleyes:

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks joesph and deere. But remember guys, it's my dads. I just work for him.

JOSEPH - spell check

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:32 PM
sorry, little tired.

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh, trust me I know all about the "we will" part!! My dad is like the king of it! I have heard "We will wash the truck and trailer and finish our tie downs on the trailer" since feburary!

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
don't even get me started about my dad. We should start a whole thread about our fathers. lol

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
don't even get me started about my dad. We should start a whole thread about our fathers. lol
:laugh: yeah we probably could but I am glad he has taught what he has.. I wouldnt be where I am or headed where I am with out him...

P.Services
09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
hey i speak from experience. if that doesn't convince you wait until it pops off and slams clean through the tailgate on the truck. $400 for a tailgate $80 for a hitch. i have lived and learned.

and if that doesn't convince you wait until it pops off going down the highway and the trailer is swinging all over behind you, swings so hard it comes up beside you backwards and hits your door. then your sliding sideways in the ditch with a trailer chained to you.

i had the last one happen to me. about got killed. its not about being tuff and not getting scared or worried its about being safe all the time. being ready for a worst case scenario.

what if u got t-boned? i bet that coupler would pop right off and your trailer would be on the loose swinging around. but a pintle would hold tight and stay strong.

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I thinks he's on his way now to buy a pintle

P.Services
09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
and i think trucks look sweet with a pintle hitch in them, guys know you pull big shat then. it makes a truck look tuff to me. not some boat haulin ball.

Junior M
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
and i think trucks look sweet with a pintle hitch in them, guys know you pull big shat then. it makes a truck look tuff to me. not some boat haulin ball.
I know right!! I think thats the only reason I keep the big ugly pintle ball combo on our p/u!! I love it!! when I get my own truck I am going to stick the old one in it just for looks!!

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
piscasso- theres no bumper on the dump truck.

Thanks for the visual though. :)

JosephLawnCare
09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
If you let me borrow that for a month or two, I'll put a pintle on it and maybe buy you some chains and binders too!!!!!:laugh:

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:46 PM

the 5500 already looks tuff enough. lol

kreft
09-10-2008, 09:47 PM
If you let me borrow that for a month or two, I'll put a pintle on it and maybe buy you some chains and binders too!!!!!:laugh:

nah...:laugh:

RedMax Man
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
If you guys can afford to buy expensive attachments for your skidsteer but can't get your act together to tie it all down Properly then why do it in the
first place?

your just asking for trouble if something should go wrong sometime.

Its pennies comparied to thousands of dollars!

Nice equipment though but its guaranteed to stay that way if its towed and strapped down properly.

talus
09-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Kreft Kreft Kreft Kreft Kreft:nono:. I thought we finally beat you into submission on this. If your straps are so tough and great, why don't they use them on the fork holders on your trailer?:hammerhead: What do a set of forks weigh? A few hundred pounds? Yet chains hold them on. Interesting. As far as the pintle goes,get one. A far as I know a 2 5/16 ball is only rated for 12k. You guys have some very nice stuff. Always nice and clean. I don't want to see any road rash on it.:laugh:

Junior M
09-11-2008, 07:12 AM
the fork holders are sold with the chains... I know what for a fact because I looked in to buying a set..

and wouldnt a 2 5/16 have to be rated for more because a combo is basically a pintle with a ball hitch on it..

talus
09-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes, I don't doubt that they are sold with chains. My point is their is no staps holding them in the holder. I'm pretty sure about the 2 5/16 being rated for 12k. Combo or not it's only 12k from what I understand. Kreft is that a 12k or 14k trailer?

talus
09-11-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm wrong about the 2 5/16 balls. I saw some online 14k and 30k. :hammerhead:

TXNSLighting
09-11-2008, 10:19 AM
It has a 3pt harness? oh where i worked over the summer had a ls185 and it had just a seatbelt.. and I am about 5'3'' or 4 depending on what shoes I wear..

and Picasso a pintle could pop off to.. Unless you have one where the clip slides sideways..

Man theres some short people on this site!:laugh:

TXNSLighting
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
2 5/16 can be rated for up to 26k...

Junior M
09-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, I don't doubt that they are sold with chains. My point is their is no staps holding them in the holder. I'm pretty sure about the 2 5/16 being rated for 12k. Combo or not it's only 12k from what I understand. Kreft is that a 12k or 14k trailer?
oh, and I thought you were saying that chains were better than straps and thats why they had chains on them...

we have a 7ton equipment trailer and it came standard with a ball coupler on it.. I am not sure what our is hitch on the truck is rated for tho.. I am going to guess 12,000 but I am not sure.. I can about guess that it isnt big enough tho..

Junior M
09-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Man theres some short people on this site!:laugh:
so what!! I am only 14 so I am still growing! but I am already taller than my mom so I dont have to worry about getting shortman sydrome!! haha and my bro was shorter than me at 14 and he is pushing six foot tall now.. and he is 21..

fool32696
09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
My 2 5/16 Gooseneck ball is rated for 7k on the ball and 30k gross trailer. Gooseneck is very different from bumper pull, but it's still the same size ball holding all of the weight. I've seen many people haul FAR more than a skid steer with a Gooseneck 2 5/16" setup. The most I've hauled with my gooseneck was 15k gross and the last thing I was worried about was the ball connection.

Junior M
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM
When my dad was in business he used to haul a directional drill with his one ton dodge on a gooseneck and with the mudsystem, a full tank of water, and rack of rods (thats not counting the bags of mud on the trailer and in the bed and all his tools). he was grossing over 15,000 with just the trailer..

sunray237
09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Never short yourself on safety,get chains on all that equipment before you move it again.
You may save someones life and not have to live with killing someone to save a couple of hundred bucks.
Straps are strong but are no match for the steel edge of that equipment.

kreft
09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
very true..