PDA

View Full Version : Apartment complex help

SomervilleLawncare
09-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I received and invitation to bid an apartment complex right near where I live. The complex is 9 mowable acres and requires edging of the entire complex. This is by far the biggest property I have bidded and I'm just looking for some ball park figures on the 9 acres of mowing and then for the edging. They want separate estimates for mowing and the edging per week. I've listed links of aerial maps of the property to get some idea. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/map/511-hampton-lane-nw-grand-rapids,mi_rb/#/homes/for_sale/map/511-hampton-lane-nw-grand-rapids,mi_rb/42.976298,-85.760181,42.973504,-85.766661_rect/16_zm/

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=511%20hampton%20lane%20grand%20rapids%2Cmi&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

ffemt1271
09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
i've mowed 5 complexes in the past, they are all the same, you will hear complaints from everyone living there for everything you can imagine. that pond will take a lot of time to weed eat. it they are government or l ow income, watch out for lots of trash and drug needles out there

SomervilleLawncare
09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Anybody? Just some ball park figures.

IndyChad
09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
It is pretty easy to ballpark a residential property, but not so when it comes to apartments. From experience, know your cost of doing business before you even look at the bid sheet. How much is it going to cost you to perform the work that is required. Be honest with yourself. Look for creeks, ponds, a lot of sidewalks, because these things will eat up more of your time than actually mowing the property. Expect to get paid 60-90 days out from the time you complete the service. Expect to have to call and follow up for payment and to fix complaints immediately. These properties are good revenue, but you can loose your butt if you do not put in the time to figure out these very important items. Good luck and do not take it if you are not comfortable. Build up to these type of properties.

Raider
09-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Just a guess from pics- $325 mow $200 trim(????)